OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 09:11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does the Pope have the Seal of Solomon on his mitre?  (Read 6008 times) Average Rating: 0
Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« on: April 21, 2011, 04:32:46 AM »

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
Michał
['mi:hɑʊ]
High Elder

Faith: Catholic (again!)
Jurisdiction: the Latin Church

"Mother of God, Virgin, by God glorified Mary..."

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:22 AM »

He seems to be a Judeophile -- visiting synagogues, meeting with Jews, writing quite a lot about them, etc.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:43:54 AM by Michał » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »

That's probably how he receives transmission signals from the World Zionist Conspiracy on what to do, say, etc.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:08:52 AM »

He seems to be a Judeophile -- visiting synagogues, meeting with Jews, writing quite a lot about them, etc.

Well he's a German after all and Germans seems to bear collective guilt due to Holocaust.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »

That's probably how he receives transmission signals from the World Zionist Conspiracy on what to do, say, etc.

nice.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »

Well, Saint Iaint, you almost started a thread with nothing to do with Zionist Jews. Congrats!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »

Why does the Pope have the Seal of Solomon on his mitre?

Well he's a German after all and Germans seems to bear collective guilt due to Holocaust.

"What's a gun doing in your trousers?"
"It's for protection."
"Protection from what? Zee Germans?"

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 06:31:21 PM »

Wow, this is quite disturbing. Not that I am terribly surprised in light of the way he speaks of the Jews. Worst case scenario, however, is that this is not just a tribute to International Jewry, but a sign of the House of Rothschild's sheer power.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »

Poor Catholic Church. They get attacked from one side for persecuting the Jews for thousands of years, for cooperating with Hitler, blah blah blah. Then from the other side they get attacked for being gooey-hearted ecumenists and being in cahoots with the international Jewish consortium that controls everything from the stock market to who wins the super bowl.

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »

Wow, this is quite disturbing. Not that I am terribly surprised in light of the way he speaks of the Jews. Worst case scenario, however, is that this is not just a tribute to International Jewry, but a sign of the House of Rothschild's sheer power.

"1.) Well it's a well know fact, sonny Jim, that there's a group of the five wealthiest people in the world known as the pentaverate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers. And meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion known as, the Meadows. 2.) So who's in this pentaverate? 1.) The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettes, The Rothchilds and Col. Sanders before he went tets up. Oh, I hated the Col. with his wee beady eyes, and that smug look on his face, Oh your gonna buy my chicken, Oohh. 3.) Dad, how can you hate, the Col.? 1.) Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave for it nightly, smartass! 3.) Cookoo!"

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch - NA

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »

Technically, the 'Seal of Solomon' was a ring.  In the Testament of Solomon, the image on the ring was a 'pentalpha,' which we would now know as a 'pentagram.'  This is why is is included in the old Ethiopian flag, rather than the six-sided Mogen David, since the Ethiopian royal dynasty descended from Solomon.

The Mogen David, or 'Star of David,' however, is never executed with curved lines.  The line are always straight, unlike the pope's mitre as pictured.  Occasionally, you will see it used in Kabbalah books with the two triangles out of horizontal alignment, but the lines are never curved.

I think it was just an attempt to fit the space with a design rather than represent the Mogen David, since Jews do not represent it that way.

http://orthodoxyandrecovery.blogspot.com
The most dangerous thing about riding a tiger is the dismount.  - Indian proverb
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »

In the Testament of Solomon, the image on the ring was a 'pentalpha,' which we would now know as a 'pentagram.'  This is why is is included in the old Ethiopian flag, rather than the six-sided Mogen David, since the Ethiopian royal dynasty descended from Solomon.

I don't think it's accurate, Father. As you can see here: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Ethiopia.html none of the old (i.e., imperial) Ethiopian flags had any star on it. A five-pointed star was introduced in 1987 by the communists and an actual pentagram -- in 1996 by the post-communists.

But the Ethiopian imperial coat of arms had a star on it (http://goo.gl/RusZR) and it was the star of David. Yes, the Ethiopian royal dynasty descended from Solomon but it was considered as a continuation of the House of David. Its not out of coincidence that its first king was named David (a.k.a. Menelik I).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:38:33 PM by Michał » Logged
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »

Why does the Pope have the Seal of Solomon on his mitre?

"What's a gun doing in your trousers?"
"It's for protection."
"Protection from what? Zee Germans?"
Cool Cheesy Grin laugh

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »

Re: Why does the Pope have the Seal of Solomon on his mitre?
The reasonable thing, if this is a worthwhile question, would be to ask some Catholics. Some of them are more likely to know the answer.
Like:
Catholic Answers Forums
forums.catholic.com

peace

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:09:58 AM by rakovsky » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 07:56:30 PM »

Christ is Risen!

Orthodox Veneration of the Seal of Solomon.

On Great and Holy Friday in Jerusalem the Patriarch used to bring out both a piece of the Holy Cross for veneration by the faithful and also the RING OF SOLOMON on which was inscribed the Seal of Solomon.   This was devoutly kissed and venerated by the Orthodox.

Egeria documents this in the 4th century:

"Thus all the people go past one by one. They stoop down, touch the holy Wood first with their forehead and then their eyes, and then kiss it, but no one puts out his hand to touch it. Then they go on to a deacon who stands holding the Ring of Solomon, and the Horn with which the kings were anointed. These they venerate by kissing them, and they start round about eight o'clock with everybody going by, entering by one door and going out through the other, till midday."

Does anybody know if the ring still survives?

Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »

Plus, I have heard enemies of our Church refer to the Holy Father as a Nazi, so I am sure having a Star of David on his mitre couldn't hurt.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 05:44:52 AM »

Plus, I have heard enemies of our Church refer to the Holy Father as a Nazi, so I am sure having a Star of David on his mitre couldn't hurt.

Vergangenheitsbewältigung.

Christus ist auferstanden!

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
Jharek Carnelian

Faith: Less than perfect Catholic. Married to member of ROC

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 05:55:08 AM »

Pope Benedict is actually considered to be far less of a 'Judeophile' by the Jewish community than his predecessor was.

And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 08:41:46 AM »

Yes, it helps that the World Zionist Conspiracy (shortened to WZO for ease of use from this point on) have controlling interests in the world's major producers of tinfoil. Probably those chaps at the 'House of Rothschild'. Gotta watch out for em Smiley

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »

Facinating!!! Is this the ring reputed to have bound the demons and forced them to construct the temple, as found in the Testament of Solomon?
FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch - NA

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 01:23:57 PM »

Christ is risen!

I should have been more specific: the 'star' was on the old flag as in not in the present one.  However, the use of the symbol was argued as a 'double-meaning' symbol from what I understood.

The crest with the Mogen David is still fairly modern by Ethiopian standards.  And, I do think it is beyond arguing that the Mogen David is both old and well-received amongst Ethiopian Jews.  My original point was that the Mogen David is not synonymous with the 'Seal of Solomon,' nor do I think that the mitre as shown is some type of pro-Jewish propaganda. 

Again, I think it was just a geometric design to take up space.  If they had used five-points, he would have been accused of covert satanism.  Seven points would have gotten him cast as a pagan.  Eight points would have made him a Mohammedan.  Four, and they would just call him 'square.'  Wink

In the Testament of Solomon, the image on the ring was a 'pentalpha,' which we would now know as a 'pentagram.'  This is why is is included in the old Ethiopian flag, rather than the six-sided Mogen David, since the Ethiopian royal dynasty descended from Solomon.

I don't think it's accurate, Father. As you can see here: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Ethiopia.html none of the old (i.e., imperial) Ethiopian flags had any star on it. A five-pointed star was introduced in 1987 by the communists and an actual pentagram -- in 1996 by the post-communists.

But the Ethiopian imperial coat of arms had a star on it (http://goo.gl/RusZR) and it was the star of David. Yes, the Ethiopian royal dynasty descended from Solomon but it was considered as a continuation of the House of David. Its not out of coincidence that its first king was named David (a.k.a. Menelik I).

http://orthodoxyandrecovery.blogspot.com
The most dangerous thing about riding a tiger is the dismount.  - Indian proverb
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »

What I Believe that it...

Could be The Satanic Pentagram, that's on his Miter ,,,After all didn't one of the pope's declare the smoke of satan entered their Church.........Just a Thought.... Grin

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »

Could be The Satanic Pentagram, that's on his Miter ,,,After all didn't one of the pope's declare the smoke of satan entered their Church.........Just a Thought.... Grin

Dude, it's Pascha.  Can't you just knock it off for one day?

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »

Christ is risen!

Truly, He is risen!

I should have been more specific: the 'star' was on the old flag as in not in the present one.

Let's get it straight. The present (post-communist) flag looks this way:

-- it has a star on it and it is a pentagram.

As far as old flags -- presented here: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Ethiopia.html -- are concerned, they were numerous. Can you, please, specify which one you did you have in mind, Father? If I understand correctly, you stated that it was an imperial flag with a 'pentalpha' and not the Mogen David. Well, from what I can see, there was no imperial flag of Ethiopia with any star on it. The closest thing to it would be the double-sided Imperial Standard (presented here: http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ethiocrown/flags.html -- under the second paragraph, and here: http://images.vector-images.com/195/ethiopia_imperal_standard_n8749.gif -- in better quality) but the star it has on it (in the number of ten altogether) is not a 'pentalpha' but the Mogen David with a cross inside.

Eight points would have made him a Mohammedan.

I believe that an eight-pointed star, especially in the form of a compass rose, it is actually the safest for Christians (cf.: http://www.worcesterdiocese.net/assets/images/fellowship/Theotokos.jpg, http://andreprevost.homestead.com/Theotokos_Icon_2009.jpg).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:19:33 PM by Michał » Logged
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 02:24:23 PM »

Could be The Satanic Pentagram, that's on his Miter

pentagram: "five-pointed star"

Can you count to five, stashko? Roll Eyes
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »

This is an exceptional thread. 

I think I'll scrapbook this one.

Christ is Risen!

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 02:48:46 PM »

Why let facts get in the way of hatred?

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »

HISTORY OF THE SIX-POINTED STAR.................Link .....http://watch.pair.com/mark2.html

The 6-pointed star is not a Jewish symbol, but an Egyptian symbol which Israel adopted in the wilderness due to their apostasy
Acts 7:37-43 This is that Moses...to whom our fathers wold not obey, but thrust him from them, and IN THEIR HEARTS TURNED BACK AGAIN INTO EGYPT... And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifices unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands. Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the HOST OF HEAVEN: as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to Me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of FORTY YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS? Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the STAR OF YOUR GOD REMPHAN, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
Amos 5:26-27 But ye have born the tabernacle of your Moloch, and Chiun (Remphan) your images, the STAR OF YOUR GOD, which ye made to yourselves. Therefore, will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the Lord...
"The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia declares that the SIX-POINTED STAR...according to the Rosicrucians...was known to the ancient Egyptians." (Graham, p. 13)
"SIX TRIANGLES...is the Egyptian hieroglyphic for the ...Land of the Spirits." (Churchward, p. 177)
"Ancient Egyptian Seal of Solomon" (Churchward, p. 188)
"In the Astro-Mythology of the Egyptians, we find belief in the first man-god (Horus I) ...and his death and resurrection as Amsu"
"This (6-pointed star) was the first sign or hieroglyphic of Amsu"

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 03:00:01 PM »

HISTORY OF THE SIX-POINTED STAR.................Link .....http://watch.pair.com/mark2.html

The 6-pointed star is not a Jewish symbol, but an Egyptian symbol which Israel adopted in the wilderness due to their apostasy
Acts 7:37-43 This is that Moses...to whom our fathers wold not obey, but thrust him from them, and IN THEIR HEARTS TURNED BACK AGAIN INTO EGYPT... And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifices unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands. Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the HOST OF HEAVEN: as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to Me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of FORTY YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS? Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the STAR OF YOUR GOD REMPHAN, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
Amos 5:26-27 But ye have born the tabernacle of your Moloch, and Chiun (Remphan) your images, the STAR OF YOUR GOD, which ye made to yourselves. Therefore, will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the Lord...
"The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia declares that the SIX-POINTED STAR...according to the Rosicrucians...was known to the ancient Egyptians." (Graham, p. 13)
"SIX TRIANGLES...is the Egyptian hieroglyphic for the ...Land of the Spirits." (Churchward, p. 177)
"In the Astro-Mythology of the Egyptians, we find belief in the first man-god (Horus I) ...and his death and resurrection as Amsu"

Okay... Undecided So what?
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 03:00:56 PM »

hieroglyphic of Amsu
That's hieroglyph, NOT hieroglyphic...you have some "scholarly" articles there Stasko... Roll Eyes

Anybody know about this?
Facinating!!! Is this the ring reputed to have bound the demons and forced them to construct the temple, as found in the Testament of Solomon?
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 03:01:54 PM »

That website fails to deliver the lulz. Sure, there are some funny lines here and there, such as: "Barack Obama: Ethiopian Hebrew," but overall it's just your standard internet schlock.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:02:29 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »

Isn't the subject about the six pointed star ,I sure would like to know more about it, and what it's doing on his mitre and what it represents... Huh

Okay... Undecided So what?

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »

Though there might be a few mistakes spelling or whatever  ,But there's quite a bit of truth to be Gleened from there  as well....... Grin

That website fails to deliver the lulz. Sure, there are some funny lines here and there, such as: "Barack Obama: Ethiopian Hebrew," but overall it's just your standard internet schlock.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:15:19 PM by stashko » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »

I found this Image ,that's in a Macedonian Orthodox Church, on line, Jesus in a hexagram - painting in the Saint Nikola church in Krusevo, Macedonia..........

Link.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexagram

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »

Why let facts get in the way of hatred?

It's sure never stopped humanity thus far in history Sad

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 03:56:11 PM »

Though there might be a few mistakes spelling or whatever  ,But there's quite a bit of truth to be Gleened from there  as well....... Grin

The best lies all mix some truth with them  Wink Although in saying this I can see a some what predictable rejoinded about certain naughty, naughty Churchs illustrating this precept been readied for return fire. As the moderator says on this one day of the year it would be good to remember we are all Christians. Personally I'm too used to been told in real life that I worship the anti-Christ/Dagon/Justin Bieber etc. to keep too fussed about it but what does it achieve? And as to points, since the star in BOTH the Macedonian example AND on the Pope's mitre have six points the whole logic of how naughty his hat is seems to (as others have pointed out) be not very well thought out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:00:17 PM by Jharek Carnelian » Logged

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »

By the way Stashko the Pentagram has a long history of usage as a Christian symbol you should bear in mind.

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »

As one of our non ecumenist Serbian Priests told me...

To Never Accept rome ,the pope's Or even there faithful as the same as Orthodox Christians as long as they ,you confess a different confession of faith, we don't worship or confess the Same Trinity  God ,your god is not our's.....And I have to Agree Father Knows Best....So i don't know about the all christian part ,you mentioned below....

The best lies all mix some truth with them  Wink Although in saying this I can see a some what predictable rejoinded about certain naughty, naughty Churchs illustrating this precept been readied for return fire. As the moderator says on this one day of the year it would be good to remember we are all Christians. Personally I'm too used to been told in real life that I worship the anti-Christ/Dagon/Justin Bieber etc. to keep too fussed about it but what does it achieve? And as to points, since the star in BOTH the Macedonian example AND on the Pope's mitre have six points the whole logic of how naughty his hat is seems to (as others have pointed out) be not very well thought out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:40:00 PM by stashko » Logged

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 04:43:50 PM »

As one of our non ecumenist Serbian Priests told me...

To Never Accept rome ,the pope's Or even there faithful as the same as Orthodox Christians as long as they ,you confess a different confession of faith, we don't worship or confess the Same Trinity  God ,your god is not our's.....And I have to Agree Father Knows Best....

I somehow suspect that's rather a reductionist view of what the Serbian priest actually said. Nor does it deal with the points I made in the post you are replying to. You firstly contended the FIVE pointed pentagram was been used. Which was simply wrong in any case, although the pentagram has a long usage in Christian symbolism, including in Orthodox iconography.

There is only one God and I worship the same God whether I attend a Catholic Mass or an Orthodox Divine Liturgy with those of my family members who are Russian Orthodox.

However back to the point of the thread. It's rather sad at this hour of the day historically speaking to still see stuff about ZOG flying around. Both the Orthodox and Catholic Churches have historical issues with individuals within them in regards to that. It's one thing to point we disagree with Judaism theologically but quite another to go on about the 'House of Rothschild' etc.

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »

The Mogen David actually doesn't have that long a history as a Jewish symbol; the earliest associations are back in the 11th century and even then it was perhaps most often associated with the Kaballah.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 11:46:04 PM »

Ahem!... police

Paisius
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »

Yes, it helps that the World Zionist Conspiracy (shortened to WZO for ease of use from this point on) have controlling interests in the world's major producers of tinfoil. Probably those chaps at the 'House of Rothschild'. Gotta watch out for em Smiley

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
Paisius
High Elder

Reframed

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »

However back to the point of the thread. It's rather sad at this hour of the day historically speaking to still see stuff about ZOG flying around. Both the Orthodox and Catholic Churches have historical issues with individuals within them in regards to that. It's one thing to point we disagree with Judaism theologically but quite another to go on about the 'House of Rothschild' etc.

Unfortunately when it comes to the Jews, and to some extent Catholicism as well, there are quite a few who are willing to lay reason aside and accept some of the most bizarre conspiracy theories.  Cool

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
akimori makoto
正義の剣
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 01:18:13 AM »

I found this Image ,that's in a Macedonian Orthodox Church, on line, Jesus in a hexagram - painting in the Saint Nikola church in Krusevo, Macedonia..........

Off-topic, but I am so glad that these images are not being produced any more. Look at the rosy cheeks on those angels.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 01:28:37 AM »

Whats even worse there a electric Light bulb in the Kandilo ....... Grin

Off-topic, but I am so glad that these images are not being produced any more. Look at the rosy cheeks on those angels.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:37:01 AM by stashko » Logged

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 06:32:20 AM »

The Mogen David actually doesn't have that long a history as a Jewish symbol; the earliest associations are back in the 11th century and even then it was perhaps most often associated with the Kaballah.

Absolutely and even today some Jews do not like it's usage as a recognised symbol for Judaism. As to the thread's topic as Paisius says it does indeed have the ring of conspiracy theory. What's better yet is the fact that like all the best conspiracy theories it's managed to combine as many groups as possible under one heading as can be.

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »

Unfortunately when it comes to the Jews, and to some extent Catholicism as well, there are quite a few who are willing to lay reason aside and accept some of the most bizarre conspiracy theories.  Cool

But there are reasons to believe these theories, facts which many don't want to accept. People need to wake up and stop living in La La land!

Forgive my sins.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 02:22:06 AM »

Quote from: celticfan1888
But there are reasons to believe these theories

No.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 02:24:22 AM »

People need to wake up and stop living in La La land!

Huh You are mistaken sir. I live in Pennsylvania, and I would never live in Los Angeles. Although I have noticed that my Jewish Aunt and cousins are fairly well-to-do... maybe more than a coincidence? Huh

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 07:00:23 AM »

But there are reasons to believe these theories, facts which many don't want to accept. People need to wake up and stop living in La La land!

Then perhaps sir you might let us know these facts as it is surely your duty to enlighten us if you possess such urgent knowledge we do not!

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

podkarpatska
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »

Absolutely and even today some Jews do not like it's usage as a recognised symbol for Judaism. As to the thread's topic as Paisius says it does indeed have the ring of conspiracy theory. What's better yet is the fact that like all the best conspiracy theories it's managed to combine as many groups as possible under one heading as can be.

...and like with all 'conspiracy' theories, in order to be a true believer you have to suspend logic and accept the fact that tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people will be 'mum' about the 'conspiracy' for years, decades and centuries. Since drink, money and sex will usually ferret out even the darkest and deepest of secrets if applied properly, I don't find such 'theories' to be anything but nonsense.

Oh, and by the way, the Russian Orthodox Church must 'in' on this as well. Have you ever noticed that the hexagram is often used as a emblem on Russian phelons? Hmmm....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:29:51 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »

...and like with all 'conspiracy' theories, in order to be a true believer you have to suspend logic and accept the fact that tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people will be 'mum' about the 'conspiracy' for years, decades and centuries. Since drink, money and sex will usually ferret out even the darkest and deepest of secrets if applied properly, I don't find such 'theories' to be anything but nonsense.

Oh, and by the way, the Russian Orthodox Church must 'in' on this as well. Have you ever noticed that the hexagram is often used as a emblem on Russian phelons? Hmmm....

You know there seems to be a kind of small minority of members of both the Catholic and Orthodox Churches who love the whole 'world been run by international Jewry' stuff. There must be something universally appealing about this er stuff. At the moment outside this site I'm caught up in a debate where some Catholic guy is trying to use a site by a purported Orthodox monastic to show me how the Protocols of the Elder of Zion are true and a great fount of wisdom. The fact that I've pointed out that the guy he is using as a source belongs to monastery that is in schism with ROCOR and has been condemned by them makes not the slighest difference to the whole exchange.

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »

Excuse me gentlemen, does anyone care to take a crack at:

podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »

You know there seems to be a kind of small minority of members of both the Catholic and Orthodox Churches who love the whole 'world been run by international Jewry' stuff. There must be something universally appealing about this er stuff. At the moment outside this site I'm caught up in a debate where some Catholic guy is trying to use a site by a purported Orthodox monastic to show me how the Protocols of the Elder of Zion are true and a great fount of wisdom. The fact that I've pointed out that the guy he is using as a source belongs to monastery that is in schism with ROCOR and has been condemned by them makes not the slighest difference to the whole exchange.

To my mind, conspiracy theories are one of Satan's greatest inventions.

They play on the minds of people. Like true religious faith, they require one to accept much which appears  to be irrational and contradictory and unseen. They are a great tool for those who would use 'reason' and 'logic' to destroy faith, for if the believer in a conspiracy theory finds his or her belief in the conspiracy to be foolish, they may be susceptible to having their religious faith undermined at the same time - or they may never find the means to gain such faith.

Likewise for those antagonistic to religion, they lump the pious Christian in the same boat of illogic with the conspiracy theorists, making it easier for them to dispense their own doctrines of non-belief.
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »

That's a marvellous summary and indeed it's true many conspiracy theorists 'faith' is superficially akin to religious faith. Often so called 'sacred books' are wheeled out and texts from them used to show how one race or group is responsible for the majority of the world's ills. It seems to be so much easier than admitting we all hold some responsibility. Ultimately though it's much harder as history has showed time and time again.

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »

Then perhaps sir you might let us know these facts as it is surely your duty to enlighten us if you possess such urgent knowledge we do not!

Go examine the 9/11 videos, or listen to interviews with former CIA operatives, that's agood start.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »

Quote from: celticfan1888
But there are reasons to believe these theories

No.

Nope the government would never lie to us. *zombie walk*

Psh.

Forgive my sins.
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »

It is said that the truth never gets in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »

Go examine the 9/11 videos, or listen to interviews with former CIA operatives, that's agood start.

Possibly the design in question on the Pope's mitre which started this thread is a secret communicator whereby he relays information to ZOG to plan such events as the one your reference above Smiley

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »

To my mind, conspiracy theories are one of Satan's greatest inventions.

They play on the minds of people. Like true religious faith, they require one to accept much which appears  to be irrational and contradictory and unseen. They are a great tool for those who would use 'reason' and 'logic' to destroy faith, for if the believer in a conspiracy theory finds his or her belief in the conspiracy to be foolish, they may be susceptible to having their religious faith undermined at the same time - or they may never find the means to gain such faith.

Likewise for those antagonistic to religion, they lump the pious Christian in the same boat of illogic with the conspiracy theorists, making it easier for them to dispense their own doctrines of non-belief.

I'm actuay only following the facts that make sense. I don't care if anyone believes me. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

As for you saying that's Satan's work, I'm pretty sure worshiping the government as an infallible source is pretty darn satanic.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »

It is said that the truth never gets in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

If you show me proof otherwise I'll change my view, its happened before.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »

Possibly the design in question on the Pope's mitre which started this thread is a secret communicator whereby he relays information to ZOG to plan such events as the one your reference above Smiley

I'm pretty sure the Roman Catholic Church hasn't been taken over.

Forgive my sins.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »

*starts praying*

Please no one recommend Zeitgeist, Please no one recommend Zeitgeist, Please no one recommend Zeitgeist, Please no one recommend Zeitgeist...

Kiss

podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »

I really don't think that not being susceptible to conspiracy theories amounts to 'worshiping the government' nor does this thread have anything to do with 9/11.
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Roman Catholic Church hasn't been taken over.

It would seem some posters don't share your confidence Grin

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »

I really don't think that not being susceptible to conspiracy theories amounts to 'worshiping the government' nor does this thread have anything to do with 9/11.

It has a lot to do with 9/11.

I'm saying you have no physical proof I'm wrong, and I have no physical proof youre wrong.

I'm just following where the evidence brings me, and you think you're so holy and mighty and better than me because you only listen to one source, thats rediculous.

But you cant deny the fact that the CIA has done some horrible things in the past.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:14:05 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2011, 12:33:55 PM »

Truth.  Smiley

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »

I'm saying you have no physical proof I'm wrong, and I have no physical proof youre wrong.

I'm just following where the evidence brings me, and you think you're so holy and mighty and better than me because you only listen to one source, thats rediculous.

But you cant deny the fact that the CIA has done some horrible things in the past.

Indeed the CIA has done many an upleasant thing in the past like many similar agencies around the world, bu their relevance to the 'seal of Solomon on the Pope's mitre' continues to elude me also....

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2011, 12:50:01 PM »

Indeed the CIA has done many an upleasant thing in the past like many similar agencies around the world, bu their relevance to the 'seal of Solomon on the Pope's mitre' continues to elude me also....

Someone brought up conspiracy along the way...but you are right, this really doesnt have much to do with this thread. lol

I didnt mean for it to get this far, Im sorry.  Lips Sealed

Forgive my sins.
Paisius
High Elder

Reframed

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »

It's also connected to the vast Vatican Super Computer™ (maintained by fish worshiping, Illuminati members of Opus Dei), that is used to keep track of the names, addresses and shoe sizes of all the world's Protestants.

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »

Ah yes the Jack Chick Model 666 AC. Also known as 'the Beast'. It has 144,000 Gigabytes of Roman Ram and a Foxe book harddrive with a truly apocalyptic ammount of storage.   

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »

Gasp!

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: