OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 07:49:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychics Speaking in false tongues to My Mom?  (Read 1045 times) Average Rating: 0
Andreas

OC.net

« on: May 29, 2004, 09:05:19 PM »

My Mom went to this British Psychic and asked her how her friend who had just died a few years ago was. Her friend was Orthodox but I have little knowledge of how devout she was. Anyways, the Psychic who as far as I know does not have any training in the now almost dead Macedonian language of Northern Greece, begain speaking in Macedonian as my Mom's dead friend, and telling my Mom that she was alright. To me it seems this was nothing more than a demon hoping to stop the prays for my Mom's dead friend. But what do you all think?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 09:10:03 PM by Andreas » Logged

"It's later than you think! Hasten therefore to do the work of God."
 -Fr. Seraphim (Rose)
Columcille

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 05:32:07 PM »

If it were my Mom, I would tell her to not go to any psychics.  Demon infested!

Does your Mom speak this Macedonian language to know that that is what was truly spoken?  Maybe it was just jibberish.

Honestly, stay away from them!  Demon infested!!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 05:34:10 PM by Columcille » Logged

"The way of God is a daily cross.  No one has ascended into heaven through an easy life."  St. Isaac of Syria
Andreas

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 05:59:52 PM »

Yes, my Mom is completely fluent in the language.

I agree that she should stay away from them, but I doubt she will ever listen. Sad

"It's later than you think! Hasten therefore to do the work of God."
 -Fr. Seraphim (Rose)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: