OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 09:26:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paradise and st.Ireneaus of leon  (Read 254 times) Average Rating: 0
Clement Alexandrinus

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« on: April 20, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »

hello ...

i read this from st.ireneaus book ( Against heresies )

" Isaiah declares, "For as the new heavens and the new earth which I do make, continue in my sight, says the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain." Isaiah 66:22 And as the presbyters say, Then those who are deemed worthy of an abode in heaven shall go there, others shall enjoy the delights of paradise, and others shall possess the splendour of the city; for everywhere the Saviour shall be seen according as they who see Him shall be worthy. "

st.ireneaus here separated Paradise from heaven ... and may be he believed in earthly paradise

isn't this similar to Jehovah's witnesses Doctrine "Earthly paradise" that other believers who are not from the chosen  144 thousands who were will be in heaven ?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: