Author Topic: Database Error  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Database Error
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:24:10 AM »
When I'm using the "Who's Online" section, and I try to sort the names, I get the following database error: "Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator." I tried, and tried, and tried again... so now I'm reporting the error :)
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Database Error
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 06:24:55 AM »
I also received an error when I tried to submit this thread (though it went through anyway)...
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »
ROFL... I also got an error when I tried to submit the last post...

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:22 AM »
I receive the same error when trying sort the "Who's Online" window by names.

ETA:  And received an error while submitting this post.

ETA+:  Seems any sorting throws a DB error.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:32:55 AM by Entscheidungsproblem »
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:46 AM »
I just tried to post something and got the error...  :-[
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:43:29 AM »
I just bounced the mysqld and httpd processes. For non techies, I just did a "reset" of sorts.

Let me know if things are better now. I observed one failing behavior fixed after I did the reset. But there could be things I have not caught.
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 08:48:33 AM »
Seems to be working fine now... thanks Fr. Anastasios!  :)

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »
Yeah mysql can do that from time to time.   I setup the kids homeschool curriculum on mysql and every now and then needs a "reset".
I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com