OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 01:05:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miracle at Jordan River... ???  (Read 1416 times) Average Rating: 0
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: April 30, 2011, 04:25:14 PM »

I had seen a couple years ago, a video on YouTube that showed the Jordan River with it's flow reversed after the Patriarch dropped the cross into the water in the Jordan on Theophany. But I have started to wonder if that video is genuine, it is awfully easy to fake that on video (just flip it). And I haven't been able to find any other sources on the miracle other than the video, references to the video, and people who have seen the video.

Is there any other written witness or personal testimonies regarding this miracle? I don't doubt that it happens, but I'm still awfully skeptical since the only source I've found has been that video.
(and I don't want to show it to others if the video is in fact a fraud)
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:50:43 PM »

Many people I know talk about it. Does it count?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Russell

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Baptised Russian Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 08:58:21 PM »

I remember seeing the video on youtube but after a quick search I did not find it again.

Does your video show the cross going both directions?  If the video was "flipped" then the cross returning will look the same when the river begins to flow the proper direction again.  Look for minor details that should not be repeated on the return trip.

Mathe 24:36
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 09:03:07 PM »

I remember seeing the video on youtube but after a quick search I did not find it again.

Does your video show the cross going both directions?  If the video was "flipped" then the cross returning will look the same when the river begins to flow the proper direction again.  Look for minor details that should not be repeated on the return trip.

NOT saying this is what happened,

But in Adobe Premiere you could cut the cross out in a layer, layer out the water, change the lighting and make it look like that with the cross in the same direction.

HOWEVER, this does NOT mean this is what happened.  I have too heard of this and I have witnessed many things that are not of this world in the Orthodox church.  The given nature of what happened, I would not doubt it at all.  It sounds "miraculous", and not one of those "Mary on my grilled cheese" miracles.   

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:38:51 AM »

The video in question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1t5CFClsBk
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print