OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 05:40:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a liar.  (Read 3584 times) Average Rating: 0
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2011, 11:04:22 PM »

What happened here is what was pointed out above: attention seeking behavior, as is this mea culpa. No troll worth his salt would get caught having sock puppets found out through the most lazy of technical forensics. Proxy much?
Exactly. And remember, he was the one who posted the entire PM from stick-man as well. Attention seeking behavior plain and simple. And IMHO, not an apology at all. Just more excuses, and another "in" for more attention. I think of all the converts we could have helped, yet we wasted our time with his plagiarized threads. Sad.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2011, 11:20:45 PM »

Okay...he hasn't killed anyone (that we know of)...how about cutting his some slack?

You don't know what situation he is in, nor what led him to do what he did.

He's admitted it and apologized.

He could have simply quit the forum with no explanation, but, he tried to explain and make amends.

I, for one, hold no grudge, and throw no stones at him.

I pray he gets help if he needs it....and that he takes this as a life lesson and grows from the experience.

I know that I've done stupid things in my life...who am I to judge another, who is trying to make amends? 

For all you know, he may actually be genuinely sorry.  I hope so.

I suggest, unless he proves to not be repentant and continues to mislead, that we offer him support and prayers....not condemnation.
Well...even if he continues to mislead...we should still pray and try to help.

I wish to believe he is being genuine about his remorse.  Only time will tell.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Kasatkin fan
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA - Archdiocese of Canada

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2011, 11:34:41 PM »

Does it really matter if he means it though? The Christian faith teaches us that we need to forgive, and I don't believe forgiveness requires waiting until someone begs for it on their hands and knees.

There is the story of St. Moses the Black, who was called to a meeting where the monks were to figure out how to punish a monk. At first he refused, but finally they convinced him to go. He got up from his cell, took a leaky jar filled with water with him, and slowly made his way to the meeting. When he arrived the other fathers asked him what he was doing, to which he replied "My sins run out behind me, and I do not see them, and today I am coming to judge the errors of another." (faithfully plagerized from "Sayings of the Desert Fathers" from Cistercian Publications).

The bottom line is to remember that before God we are no less guilty than the one who comes before us, whether he is remorseful or not. If he is not than more any other scenario we must react in the manner which Christ taught us, that we might show the love which God taught us to hold for his creation (this does not mean we should pretend the poster never did anything of the sort and should now approach everything without thinking, that's stupidity, nor does it mean the mods/admins should not take action should they deem it necessary, the rules are there for a reason).
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »

What needs to be forgiven? Some folks just calling a spade a spade, which is good psychologicals.

I have no idea what people are forgiving him for. And it ain't like spurious threads don't have benefit for others. See "great" works of fiction for examples of insight into the human psyche via lies.

Note in my post: the only person if he is being honest he is hurting is himself. At most he broke some house rules.

As far as I can see, no harm, no foul except for the admins here. The desire to have "committed some great sin" is just attention getting and not based in fact.

NBD. Internets since 1988.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »

I appreciate the reception for my apology, I don't deserve it but before

Is he being received positively over there, or are they as confused as we are?
They seem to pity him, if that counts. Just more copy and paste from Alexander Nevermind, I mean, Dnarmist, I mean TryingtoConvert, I mean Aposphet...
So here's the thing, my apology was interchangable between both sites. That's why I posted both at the same time, but you didn't see this until now since the moderators were deliberating on the course of action against me.

If you want a personal apology I would be happy to provide one for you, as I said my actions regardless have how much I invest in a formal apology would not cover the amount of damage and distrust I have instilled in the members of this board.

In actuality I was banned before my post could be made, but I reached out to FrChris and FrAnastasios to post this thread so people can know the truth.

I honestly don't know how much of a sorry I can give on this board for my actions and I am not sure what you expect of me. I am open to your suggestions, thank you.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »

Aposphet continued posting under puppet accounts after making this apology, so I assume it was copypasted. Perhaps he's legitimately sorry but is somehow addicted to this kind of attention.
Wait I don't understand how would that be possible? Both the other acccounts cannot have any access to post.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »

I have no affilation nor acquaintices with stickman. It is an unsual "coincedence" he decided to post now in that TtC exposure thread, but I have absolutley no involvment with stickman.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »

To suggest that my rationale or motive was merely an attention seeking pursuit is quite simply falacious. First of all there would be no reason for me to post this message because obviously it is embarassing being ousted (not my reason for posting the OP, get to that in a second..) and considering that my IP ban went under the radar could have easily served as a "Phew!" moment for me on this board. There would be no logical reason to even create a thread such as this, I could have easily put it under the carpet and moved on.

However I genuinely cared to express my apologies to members on this board for my abusive behavior. In fact I was worried this thread would never be posted, so I searched out particular members that I may have done harm to and apologized using my OP. This would have sufficed however I was not sure if I included everyone, so that's why I posted it.

I didn't expect anything in return nor do I deserve any sort of forgivness. I'm not sure how genuine I can make this sound, even when my own trust has been destroyed, but I'll say what needs to be said. The moderators felt that it was appropriate to post this topic, if they felt this an attention seeking endeavor, it would not have been approved.

To call me out on atthention seeking behavior, copy pasta sophmoric bits as pure fail, to suggest no one cares, and finally then to have the audacity to say "in truth and love good luck" really makes me question your motives and your contribution to this thread. Deride me as much as you like, but don't give false apathetic care solaces. I'd elaborate more on my own personal suffering, but why should I bother if it is your intention already to dismiss anything I may honestly say about my personal life and my own struggles. But satisfy your ego however you like, I wish to conduct no more further discussions with you.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2011, 01:07:13 AM »

To call me out on atthention seeking behavior, copy pasta sophmoric bits as pure fail, to suggest no one cares, and finally then to have the audacity to say "in truth and love good luck" really makes me question your motives and your contribution to this thread. Deride me as much as you like, but don't give false apathetic care solaces. I'd elaborate more on my own personal suffering, but why should I bother if it is your intention already to dismiss anything I may honestly say about my personal life and my own struggles. But satisfy your ego however you like, I wish to conduct no more further discussions with you.
Here we go again. Play the martyr why don't you? Maybe it will squeeze the last bit of attention from the OC.net sponge for your own gratification. I don't believe you, and personally don't really care what you did. As orthonorm pointed out, it's meaningless. You played a couple of forums for fools to get attention, we get it. Now that the cat is out of the bag you threaten to leave? Thats just too rich for me pal. You need to speak with your priest and heal. Stop deluding yourself and playing cat and mouse games with all of us. We have better things to do.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2011, 02:38:36 AM »

I forgive you brother, even though you did nothing to offend me. My own sins are far worse than anything you have done here. Please don't despair of the mercy of God. The Orthodox Faith is not for those who are already holy, but for sinners who desire to be holy. Our Lord came to heal the sick, not those who are well. I do hope you will become a catechumen soon, and persevere in becoming baptized in Christ and His Church. PM or email me anytime you wish to talk. I remain your brother always.

Selam,
Gebre Menfes Kidus

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

Here we go again. Play the martyr why don't you? Maybe it will squeeze the last bit of attention from the OC.net sponge for your own gratification. I don't believe you, and personally don't really care what you did. As orthonorm pointed out, it's meaningless. You played a couple of forums for fools to get attention, we get it. Now that the cat is out of the bag you threaten to leave? Thats just too rich for me pal. You need to speak with your priest and heal. Stop deluding yourself and playing cat and mouse games with all of us. We have better things to do.

PFN, you speak out of ignorance concerning attention seeking behavior and martyr game playing.  Lists on the internet are well and fine - yes, you can probably at least protect yourself from someone who has sociopathic tendencies. . .but I bet you that all of us. . .every single one of us can fall into that list in some degree or even more of a degree in one or another part of our lives.  You may or may not be a clinician, psychologist or psychiatrist, but my guess is that you are not, as you would not hold such a stance of misunderstanding as you do if you were.  These are your issues. . . your buttons. . .your need for control. . . at this point, not his.

What ever happens with Aposphet is up to the Moderators . . . let that be as it is.  Have mercy and judge rightly. . .and do onto others as you would have them do unto you.  Maybe starting there is a good thing.  Love covers a multitude of sins - He hung on the cross covering our multitude of sins. . .let it not be in vain.  There is a Judge that is much more apt to do this thing right than you or I will ever be able.  we are blind, deaf and dumb.  We weren't there when Aposphet was made, we have no clue how he is put together or for what intent His heart had for Aposphet. . .but I do know that the intent was out of pure love. . . not disgust. . .not taking the easy stance of shaming. . .pure love. 

May you receive the same mercy others have decided to give to Aposphet when you need it. You will need it.  We all do.

Please, for your sake know that if you live by the sword, you will die by the sword.  Let the words of your mouth be seasoned with grace instead of a sharp edge.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »

Since God Forgives ,I forgive, In What Ever You Did .......But
One Must Be Wise As  A Serpent, And Gentle As A Dove............ police

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »

Here we go again. Play the martyr why don't you?
How so?

Maybe it will squeeze the last bit of attention from the OC.net sponge for your own gratification.
Actually why would I bother getting gratification out of this? I already mentioned above that I didn't need to make this thread and served as a perfect escape from any sort of embarassment I generated against myself. As I said this was an apology to members that I have offended, if so. This is not to say "Oh have pity on me, I suffer so much blah blah", while it is true that I suffer greatly this isnt an excercise into magnfying that suffering to gain any pity from anyone. If you read the OP again I said that I don't deserve any forgivness nor any sort of condolscences for my actions. I accept full responsibilites for my actions and I knew there would be people like yourself that would reject the apology.

Like I said I am willing to extend a personal apology to you and willing to take in suggestions to make it up to you.

I don't believe you,
And I never expected anyone too, in fact if I was to expect anything I would say people wouldn't believe me regardless of how sincere and truthful I was being.

and personally don't really care what you did.
Then why do you bother getting into a discussion with me over this?

You played a couple of forums for fools to get attention, we get it.
It wasn't for attention at all. Let me explain my position upon my own spiritual odyssey. When I set out to find out an objective truth in life, I set that as the bar even above God. I seek the Truth above all else, and in doing so I must analyze the arguments for and against certain beliefs. I came across, as I think Quinalt brought up, a dog piling of rhetoric from atheists, agnostics, infidels, etc. I simply could not answer them because I didn't have the answers. And in turn I turn that into doubt and despair. I needed help, and I know that I should have addressed my contentions with the faith much better than I had instead of just copying and pasting and have others argue for me. I know that is very wrong of me and vow to never do it again, of course this means nothing to you since you don't believe it anyway but I'll just say it for the sake of this discussion.

Anyway I want to battle with the critics, I want the Christian faith to be right and the truth, I don't want to be a part of something that is untrue; it must be objective. I know in my heart that Orthodoxy is the truth but my brain loves to question it. It rails on and on with doubt and competiting evidence to the contrary. It's a battle and I wish it was just easy and I had the faith as I did as a child where I didn't have to doubt but this is where I am unfourtantely.

Now that the cat is out of the bag you threaten to leave? Thats just too rich for me pal.
Not at all did I suggest that. In fact I was just making the note that I could have easily of left with minimal embarrasment and to never return again. I didn't have to make this note. I made this note for those that may be interested in reading and shed light on two other accounts that I had and my sincere apology in doing so.

I didn't expect anything in return, as I said nor deserve the forgivness that members are sending to me.

Stop deluding yourself and playing cat and mouse games with all of us. We have better things to do.
I don't understand this, what do you mean by deluding myself? Or playing cat and mouse games? I would be more than happy to hear your suggestions on making amends with you but you need to communicate with me on how I can do that.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Kasatkin fan
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA - Archdiocese of Canada

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2011, 07:40:58 PM »

I think if anyone seriously believes he is simply out for attention they should drop the matter, lest they give him more attention and make themselves out to be the attention getters.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »

I think if anyone seriously believes he is simply out for attention they should drop the matter, lest they give him more attention and make themselves out to be the attention getters.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Seacrest Out!
Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2011, 12:43:02 AM »

I know that likely no one cares what I think...

But I think Aposphet should be lauded for his open confession here. Can you imagine how difficult this would be?

I think on an Orthodox Christian forum that forgiveness and compassion should go without saying. If he can't find forgiveness here - then where?

PoorFoolNicholas,

Who are you to question his sincerity? Are you a Christian or no?

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

Have you ever really thought about that prayer? We are telling God that we agree to be judged in the same manner in which we judge others.

"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
- Matthew 6:14-15

I personally have not (that I recall) had any real correspondence w/ Aposphet (or any of his alter egos) so I don't feel he has anything to apologize for to me directly... but if I had and he asked me - he could certainly count on unending forgiveness from me because that is what I desire and need for myself.

If I desire forgiveness - I MUST forgive.

This is not a complicated concept.

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2011, 01:00:19 AM »

PFN, I was one of the moderators who voted to approve Aposphet's post of apology. If you still wish to believe he submitted the post solely to draw attention to himself and that we should never have approved it, then please take that up with us moderators and leave Aposphet alone. We'll take the heat for the post's appearance on the forum. (I say this speaking as a poster who happens to also be a moderator. As such, I don't mean this advice to have any official authority, so take it for what you think it's worth.)
stick man
Warned

Faith: No religion
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2011, 03:50:35 PM »

I have no affilation nor acquaintices with stickman. It is an unsual "coincedence" he decided to post now in that TtC exposure thread, but I have absolutley no involvment with stickman.

That's absolutely correct. I am stick man, and am writing this from Richmond Hill Ontario, if you want to check my location. The accusations of Aposphet being me are just wrong.

Oh, and Aphosphet/TryingToConvert, I may have trolled these boards originally (I have admitted to having done so, and no longer do) but my PM to you was well-meant and in good faith. Your disclosing the whole message to the boards, especially when you were trolling yourself, was uncalled for.
 You are a stubborn man, aren't you?
 For duplicate accounts, trolling, et al., you're muted.  Ban requested.

There probably is no god. Interested in finding out more? Visit www.richarddawkins.net
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: