Author Topic: Manic Street Preacher Who Said Women "Deserve To Be Raped" Hit With Baseball Bat  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
A street preacher in Arizona who held up a sign saying “You deserve to be raped” was hit over the head with a baseball bat by a woman who became enraged at his hateful rhetoric.

Brother Dean Saxton was standing outside Apollo High School in Glendale, Arizona, loudly condemning students and members of the LGBT community, when he was approached by a 19-year-old student with a baseball bat.

His camera was still rolling as students standing around wooped and cheered.

Tabitha Brubaker has been charged felony assault and marijuana possession by police, as reported by ABC15 News.

More here.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
He should be considered blessed. Student was wrong for hitting him. We all know what happens at these college campuses these days. I blame the parents. Go have a good time kids.  ::)

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
  • You can't pray the grey away
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
He should be considered blessed. Student was wrong for hitting him. We all know what happens at these college campuses these days. I blame the parents. Go have a good time kids.  ::)
You only get a blessing if you were hit for Christ's sake, so it doesn't apply here.
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

If he is railing against sin, such as homosexuality, etc...why does his sign say "WOMEN" deserve to be raped?

Which women?

...and if he's going by what the Bible says...where in the Bible does it ever state that anyone deserves to be raped?

He's only making it worse with his approach.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
He was asking for it by holding that sign. The lady couldn't control herself.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless

I see what you did thar.
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: East

;)
Mor is always the best :P

Mor gives each new member a golden shirt!  !trihs nedlog a rebmem wen hcae sevig roM 

Offline Svartzorn

• Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Greek A.Diocese of B. Aires & S. America
I don't think people should be beaten just because they express themselves poorly.
Death to the world dodos.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
I don't think people should be beaten just because they express themselves poorly.

“You deserve to be raped”

does not sound like a poor expression of his sentiment
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Svartzorn

• Elder
It is, due to the circumstances.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK

I don't think people should be raped just because random strangers don't agree with their lifestyle choices.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
It is, due to the circumstances.

What circumstance allows for anyone to WISH for others to get raped.....as part of showing God's love for humanity?
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Svartzorn

• Elder
This, again?
We all know that's not the point people make :laugh:

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

This was at a high school.

And we're only blessed for being reviled when we're reviled on account of Christ - a man who never once declared that you deserve to be raped.
"Homosexuality has been a popular topic, but not Satanic trances."

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)

• Taxiarches
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South (OCA)
The police should arrest the 19-year old with assault with deadly weapon and release her promptly because of the proximate case for her attack was the terminal stupidity of the victim. The street preacher should be made a finalist for the next Darwin Award.

Offline RaphaCam

• Hyperdox kid
  • OC.net guru
  • The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan!
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Poe's Law gone live action. There was a comediant who held a similar sign and posted reactions on Youtube, I can't find his video right now...
But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him. (Holy Habakkuk 2:20)

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
More here.

The creators and operators of websites where every other word has a hotlink for popup ads deserve to be raped with baseball bats and then bludgeoned mercilessly with the same bat. 
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline RaphaCam

• Hyperdox kid
  • OC.net guru
  • The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan!
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Found the comedian I mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgk0Hv-eTc [profanity warning]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:59:40 PM by RaphaCam »
But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him. (Holy Habakkuk 2:20)

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
This thread title keeps making me beleive it is a thread about these guys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Street_Preachers

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
This thread title keeps making me beleive it is a thread about these guys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Street_Preachers

If only his schtick had been 'If you tolerate this, your children will be next'.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Offline Velsigne

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: USA
This is just more case in point of a comment / question I made several days ago on the thread about the RC Cardinal thinks his followers should be converting Muslims.

This type of thing is all too common from the heterodox
who pretty much make a lot of people hate Christianity

So happy to have moved away from the whack job 7th Day Adventist who continually harassed me about religion when it was obvious that he had no clue

Downtown they just beat the crap out him, broke his jaw and his phone, or maybe they stole it, can't remember now

As for this yet another repugnant heterodox interpretation of Christianity, young women in the USA, particularly on college campuses where they all too often experience rape with no consequences for the rapist, are not tolerating anymore

Who knows, perhaps the young woman had already suffered rape and just lashed out against an entire system that has been shown to collude on behalf of rapists

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
As for this yet another repugnant heterodox interpretation of Christianity, young women in the USA, particularly on college campuses where they all too often experience rape with no consequences for the rapist, are not tolerating anymore

Who knows, perhaps the young woman had already suffered rape and just lashed out against an entire system that has been shown to collude on behalf of rapists

How serendipitous!

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
It people like this, and the Westboro Baptist types, that tend to make Christianity seem repulsive to the average American. The sad part is these folks quote scripture to justify it, so other people often the protestors, not exposed to holy scripture go and read the bible, alone and without any proper context, then they become totally turned off, and horrified by Christianity. It these idiots like this guy saying women deserved to be raped, which creates so many Atheists, and Agnostics.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:58:49 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:07:37 PM by Volnutt »
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline Rohzek

• High Elder
    • Shameless Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox and Postpositivist
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
nvm...semi-political comment
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:58:34 PM by Rohzek »
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion." - Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII

“Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous author is admirable. For my part I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste.” - Lord Pococurante in Candide by Voltaire

Check out my new blog: Shameless Orthodoxy Latest Post: The Latin Church: Merovingians to the Hildebrand Popes

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
This is just more case in point of a comment / question I made several days ago on the thread about the RC Cardinal thinks his followers should be converting Muslims.

This type of thing is all too common from the heterodox
who pretty much make a lot of people hate Christianity

So happy to have moved away from the whack job 7th Day Adventist who continually harassed me about religion when it was obvious that he had no clue

Downtown they just beat the crap out him, broke his jaw and his phone, or maybe they stole it, can't remember now

Yeah, cause only the heterodox are supporting despicable violence in the name of Jesus, right? 

Oh, wait: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/world/europe/gay-rights-rally-is-attacked-in-georgia.html?_r=0
"Homosexuality has been a popular topic, but not Satanic trances."

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
  • The Lord helps those who help others
  • Jurisdiction: God

;)

Christ did not give them what they asked for when being crucified, no, he said: Luke 23:34

The Crucifixion
…33When they came to the place called The Skull, they crucified Him there, along with the criminals, one on His right and the other on His left. 34Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up His garments by casting lots. 35The people stood watching, and the rulers sneered at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ of God, the Chosen One.”
The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
It people like this, and the Westboro Baptist types, that tend to make Christianity seem repulsive to the average American. The sad part is these folks quote scripture to justify it, so other people often the protestors, not exposed to holy scripture go and read the bible, alone and without any proper context, then they become totally turned off, and horrified by Christianity. It these idiots like this guy saying women deserved to be raped, which creates so many Atheists, and Agnostics.

We are all unworthy of His love.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon
This is why we are all five degrees away from being murderers, and every sin is equal in Gods eyes, controlling ourselves like God is impossible, but we are told to try if we want to be saved from Satan.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
every sin is equal in Gods eyes

I John 5.16-17.

Mor gives each new member a golden shirt!  !trihs nedlog a rebmem wen hcae sevig roM 

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon

;)

Christ did not give them what they asked for when being crucified, no, he said: Luke 23:34

The Crucifixion
…33When they came to the place called The Skull, they crucified Him there, along with the criminals, one on His right and the other on His left. 34Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up His garments by casting lots. 35The people stood watching, and the rulers sneered at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ of God, the Chosen One.”
every sin is equal in Gods eyes

I John 5.16-17.
16If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this. 17All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.

18We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him. 19We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one. 20And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

21Little children, guard yourselves from idols.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to this Epistle we are instructed by St.John to ask God to help those such as this preacher who has veered off the path of life.

There is no mention of beating him with a baseball bat as you seem to agree with since he asked for it.

There is only one sin Jesus is quoted as saying is unforgivable,
Matthew 12:30-32
The Unpardonable Sin
30He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.…
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:38:17 AM by Sinful Hypocrite »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
There is no mention of beating him with a baseball bat as you seem to agree with since he asked for it.

Where exactly did I express my agreement with beating someone with a baseball bat?  Please quote me.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon

;)

The Crucifixion

Where exactly did I express my agreement with beating someone with a baseball bat?  Please quote me.

What did your wink above mean? That you wink and not rebuke such a statement is why.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:02:24 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios

;)

The Crucifixion

What did your wink above mean? That you wink and not rebuke such a statement is why.

I understood Iconodule's comment to be an allusion to the kind of thinking that wrongly blames women for rape.  I respect his cleverness.  I don't think either of us was actually advocating beating people with baseball bats. 

When I want to advocate that sort of retribution, I will do so clearly.   

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon

;)

The Crucifixion

I understood Iconodule's comment to be an allusion to the kind of thinking that wrongly blames women for rape.  I respect his cleverness.  I don't think either of us was actually advocating beating people with baseball bats. 

When I want to advocate that sort of retribution, I will do so clearly.   

I am sorry if I misunderstood the implications, thank you.

Offline Jude1:3

• I Believe The Apostles'/Nicene Creed
  • Faith: Christian
Physically Assaulting someone because they are exercising their constitutional right to free speech is ridiculous. I don't agree with his views but he still has the right to say what he's saying. If she didn't agree with what he was saying she should have disagreed with him in a verbal dialog. Now she will be serving time for felony assault.

Offline WPM

• Revolutionary Writer
  • Protokentarchos
Obscene remark removed.

Mina
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:43:15 AM by minasoliman »

Offline Avdima

• Elder
  • Faith: Seeking
  • Jurisdiction: Caliphate of The Overthere...
Physically Assaulting someone because they are exercising their constitutional right to free speech is ridiculous. I don't agree with his views but he still has the right to say what he's saying. If she didn't agree with what he was saying she should have disagreed with him in a verbal dialog. Now she will be serving time for felony assault.

Agreed.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Locked pending review

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Thread unlocked.

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.