OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 01:21:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what to do while taking instructions  (Read 521 times) Average Rating: 0
Rdunbar123

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: April 11, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »

a few questions:

1. since I no longer agree with RC positions on infallibility and other doctrine, I have decided to not take communion in The RC church

2. my question is: I have had an hour in our Chapel of perpetual adoration of the Blessed sacrament weekly for almost 20 years.
    I use it to pray and actually have done a lot of my reading on orthodoxy while there. Is there a problem with me keeping this     up         I       have mixed feelings. what is the Orthodox opinion on the RC Eucharist?  out of decency I will give them notice so they can find a replacement. This is a hard move for me since if I quit this it cuts a strong tie, Maybe I just  answered my own question?
I would appreciate opinions especially from priests on this site.
Shiranui117
Formerly known as "Wandering Sheep"

Faith: Orthodox (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: ACROD/OCA

PUDDI PUDDI!

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »

a few questions:

1. since I no longer agree with RC positions on infallibility and other doctrine, I have decided to not take communion in The RC church

2. my question is: I have had an hour in our Chapel of perpetual adoration of the Blessed sacrament weekly for almost 20 years.
    I use it to pray and actually have done a lot of my reading on orthodoxy while there. Is there a problem with me keeping this     up         I       have mixed feelings. what is the Orthodox opinion on the RC Eucharist?  out of decency I will give them notice so they can find a replacement. This is a hard move for me since if I quit this it cuts a strong tie, Maybe I just  answered my own question?
I would appreciate opinions especially from priests on this site.
I believe you have answered your own question. Now, here's my question to you:
If you have decided not to take communion in the RC Church, then why should you adore it in the chapel?
Rdunbar123

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »

While writing my question I guess I answered it. Thanks, I will keep the hour at home. It is hard to cut ties, but necessary.
katherineofdixie
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »

My advice? Holy Week is coming up. Try attending as many of the services in your local Orthodox parish as you can.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 05:56:20 PM »

IMO, from an Orthodox perspective, an Orthodox icon is of a greater mystical association with God than the Roman "Eucharist".

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: