OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 10:51:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Both r apostilic church,so why still a big fuss in allowing this marriage.the RC church apparentely punishes the parents of the bride or groom if the weds in an orthodox parish,is this not a barbarian stone age rule?  (Voting closed: May 11, 2011, 04:42:55 PM)
the marriage should be allowed - 1 (33.3%)
the cathloic church should change their attitude to the fellow churches,otherwise it will land up like the communist party of USSR - 2 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: indian orthodox-roman catholic marriage  (Read 2799 times) Average Rating: 0
sinjuvarghese

Faith: christian
Jurisdiction: indian orthodox

« on: April 11, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »

Both The indian orthodox and the roman catholic church areapostilic church,so why still a big fuss in allowing this marriage.the RC church apparentely punishes the parents of the bride or groom if the weds in an orthodox parish,is this not a barbarian stone age rule? and the funniest thing is that it happens only in kearala,india.it dosen't even happens in rome or any parts of europe.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »

What kind of punishment are we talking about here?

As for stone age barbarians, I suspect Catholic-Orthodox intermarriage was a problem that didn't concern them much.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
sinjuvarghese

Faith: christian
Jurisdiction: indian orthodox

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »

the catholic fraction bans the brieds or the grooms parents from the church for six months,after the punishment period they have to appoligise in front of all the parish memembers.the the prist decides some punishment,like(make the walk around the church  etc etc).dont u think that this is brutal and barbarism.is this what christ thaught?should christans be like this?
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »

Sounds like the parents should just convert to the Indian Orthodox Church.   Smiley

Welcome to the forum, Sinju!

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »

Good grief. No, the Roman church is not Apostolic.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:52:39 AM »

It looks like your hardliner brand of Non-Chaledonianism has once again proved to be nonexistent among the typical Oriental faithful.

Oh, and the second choice on the poll is fantastic.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:53:30 AM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 01:03:23 AM »

It looks like your hardliner brand of Non-Chaledonianism has once again proved to be nonexistent among the typical Oriental faithful.

I've never suggested otherwise. I think I have actually acknowledged a number of times on here that the typical OO believer is a doctrinal deviant.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 01:04:51 AM »

Also, with what percent of EO acknowledge that the Roman church is not Apostolic, I wasn't aware that this qualified as a "hard-liner" opinion.  Roll Eyes

kazakage
Nasrani

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 02:06:07 AM »

Are you sure thts the case?

We have an agreement with the Catholic church on weddings.it should be okay. I know many Orthodox guys who have married catholic gals and all r well. Grin

ps. But then Syrian Catholics didnt encourage marriage even with Latin catholics:) So even if such happens, it should come of no surprise..
kazakage
Nasrani

Jurisdiction: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 02:13:56 AM »

Agreement btw Catholic church and Syriac Orthodox:

http://www.interchurchfamilies.org/agree/cath_malank_orth.shtm

I did see some news regarding Catholic- Malankara Orthodox..But i think they didnt finalise - but marriages do happen.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 05:01:22 PM »

I did see some news regarding Catholic- Malankara Orthodox..But i think they didnt finalise - but marriages do happen.

The MOSC recognizes marriages in Romanist churches as truly the Sacred Mystery of Matrimony? How awful.  Cry

Michał
['mi:hɑʊ]
High Elder

Faith: Catholic (again!)
Jurisdiction: the Latin Church

"Mother of God, Virgin, by God glorified Mary..."

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 05:44:45 PM »

The MOSC recognizes marriages in Romanist churches as truly the Sacred Mystery of Matrimony?

Is there a single OO bishop who thinks otherwise?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:51:47 PM by Michał » Logged
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »

The MOSC recognizes marriages in Romanist churches as truly the Sacred Mystery of Matrimony?

Yes! Most Coptic Bishops will tell you explicitly that the Romanists don't even have any Baptism, let alone Matrimony.

Michał
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »

Yes! Most Coptic Bishops will tell you explicitly that the Romanists don't even have any Baptism, let alone Matrimony.

Interesting. Thank you.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »

Interesting. Thank you.

Sure.  Wink

CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Plus you need more options for the poll, I can't select either.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »

No, the Roman church is not Apostolic.

I'm going to have to agree with the non-Chalcedonian hard-liner: The Roman Church has severed its ties with the Apostles through schism and heresy.
Jonathan
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 01:00:57 PM »

None of the Coptic bishops I've met have ever said anything of the sort.

The Church does not judge the orders and sacraments of other groups. The insistance of baptising converts from Catholicism is not in any way a statement that Catholics are unbaptised, rather it is not assuming anything one way or the other. H.H. certainly receives Catholics as Christian brothers, as does every bishop I've ever heard of or encountered. In fact, Coptic Catholic converts are not rebaptised, since their baptism is by immersion, so clearly this indicates an acceptance of Catholic sacraments (how could the Coptic Catholics have valid baptism if the Roman Catholics they received their orders from were unbaptised), and merely an insistence on following the proper rites. Some Coptic clergy have even go so far as to say that there is no theological reason to rebaptise, that it is a wrong thing that stems from political motives from a period when Catholics would rebaptise converts from Coptic Orthodoxy.
Jonathan
High Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »

None of the Coptic bishops I've met have ever said anything of the sort.

The Church does not judge the orders and sacraments of other groups. The insistance of baptising converts from Catholicism is not in any way a statement that Catholics are unbaptised, rather it is not assuming anything one way or the other. H.H. certainly receives Catholics as Christian brothers, as does every bishop I've ever heard of or encountered. In fact, Coptic Catholic converts are not rebaptised, since their baptism is by immersion, so clearly this indicates an acceptance of Catholic sacraments (how could the Coptic Catholics have valid baptism if the Roman Catholics they received their orders from were unbaptised), and merely an insistence on following the proper rites. Some Coptic clergy have even go so far as to say that there is no theological reason to rebaptise, that it is a wrong thing that stems from political motives from a period when Catholics would rebaptise converts from Coptic Orthodoxy.

Here is a quote from H.G. Bishop Youssef explicitly saying that Catholic orders are valid:

http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?qid=1002&catid=63
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »

What Jonathan says is in accord with the practice of the Coptic Orthodox mission in Warsaw, Poland -- led, AFAIK, by a bishop* -- where RC women, wives of Coptic Orthodox men, are allowed to commune. Would the bishop allow unbaptised people to receive the Eucharist?

Stratopedarches

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »

What Jonathan says is in accord with the practice of the Coptic Orthodox mission in Warsaw, Poland -- led, AFAIK, by a bishop* -- where RC women, wives of Coptic Orthodox men, are allowed to commune. Would the bishop allow unbaptised people to receive the Eucharist?

Are they still active? Someone told me it stopped.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Jonathan
High Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »

While I believe there is sufficient clear evidence that the Coptic Orthodox Church does not consider the sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church to be graceless, does not consider RC's to be unbaptised, etc., I think it is also very clear that we are not in communion, and a practice of communing Roman Catholics who have not left the RC church and entered the Orthodox Church, is certainly not the norm, or representative of the practice of the Church.
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »

Are they still active? Someone told me it stopped.

I'm sure they were two years ago. Since then it might have stopped. Maybe due to gas prices.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 03:04:06 AM »

The MOSC recognizes marriages in Romanist churches as truly the Sacred Mystery of Matrimony? How awful.  Cry
This is truly horrible. I am honestly going to lose sleep over this!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:07:30 AM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: