OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 05:40:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers requested for violence victims  (Read 379 times) Average Rating: 0
blackincense
Simple Incense Maker

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Holy St. Abo, the Perfumer of Bagdad

« on: April 09, 2011, 03:13:25 AM »

I have found people here to be very compassionate.  Please pray for a young woman in my immediate sphere - her name is Christina and her son is 3 years old, named Leo.  They are Roman Catholic, quite devout.

Christina is a victim of domestic violence and has been wrongfully accused of many things.  Her son has been traumatized by witnessing his fathers violence toward his mother and experiencing violent outbursts himself.  Christina and Leo are attempting to rebuild their lives, through devotion to the Mother of God, and regular church attendance, as well as counseling for themselves through their parish priest and also secular resources in the community. 

They are facing a secular system that not only rejects God, but often makes horrendous and egregious errors in judgment.  Please pray for them both: for their safety, for their legal problems and for their salvation, that they will "endure to the end" and become closer to God, and the Theotokos, that they will be successful in starting new lives without violence, and that wrongful and unjust actions by the system will be set right. 

Glory to God in his saints and may they all pray for us, and for Christina and Leo.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 03:26:47 AM »

Prayers.........

Господе Помилуји....Амин Амин
Lord Have Mercy ! On all Involved....Amen Amen
Gospode Pomiluji....Amin Amin

Mir Bozi ......Lord Peace On them........Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »

Lord have Mercy
quietmorning
QuietMorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Holy Mother of God, Beautiful Theotokos please pray for and protect this young woman and her child.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on this young woman and her child.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:23:40 AM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Tags: domestic violence  family violence 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: