OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 12:59:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assyrian church's teaching on the jews  (Read 921 times) Average Rating: 0
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite

« on: April 07, 2011, 09:38:28 PM »

I will ty to see what the canon on this subject says in perfect detail in the Sunhadoos (canon law) of the Assyrian Church of the East. Much like the liturgy was kept in pure unadulterated form (except for some prayers added by Mar Narsai the Great founder of the school of Nisbis) since the time of Saint James, the Apostolic canons in the Assyrian Church of the East were never influenced by any westernisation or schism or heresy- they are pure and straightforward. I will ask when possible if it is forbidden to go into a synagogue or not, see if this is the same as the OC version of this canon. I myself wouldn't risk it...
You perfectly know what you are allowed to in the Faith Issues and what you can't post here. PeterTheAleut wasted loads of time on trying to explain that to you.

I'll try another one time despite I won't do this as good as PtA: The Faith Issues board is for discussing the Orthodox Christian POV. You, as a member of the Assyrian Church, should not respond to the threads here where people ask for the Church  opinion on some issues. You can do it in Religious Topics or Orthodox-Other Christian Discussion.

You receive a 30-day-long warning.

Michał Kalina
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:19:03 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »

I will ty to see what the canon on this subject says in perfect detail in the Sunhadoos (canon law) of the Assyrian Church of the East. Much like the liturgy was kept in pure unadulterated form (except for some prayers added by Mar Narsai the Great founder of the school of Nisbis) since the time of Saint James, the Apostolic canons in the Assyrian Church of the East were never influenced by any westernisation or schism or heresy- they are pure and straightforward. I will ask when possible if it is forbidden to go into a synagogue or not, see if this is the same as the OC version of this canon. I myself wouldn't risk it...

So if you have a child who is 13 years old and he or she is invited to a Bar Mitzvoh of a school mate, you wouldn't allow him to go?

If you are invited to a Bar Mitzvoh of the child of a close friend of yours or a work mate, would you refuse to go?

What kind of impression do you think that would leave on others?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:47:42 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »

So if you have a child who is 13 years old and he or she is invited to a Bar Mitzvoh of a school mate, you wouldn't allow him to go?

If you are invited to a Bar Mitzvoh of the child of a close friend of yours or a work mate, would you would refuse to go?

The same impression Caesar got when his generous invitation to a feast honoring his "godhood" was courteously refused by many many Saints.  Smiley

Maybe it is not a fair comparison but alas,it is a heavy Cross indeed to carry and I have faced situations like this several times...

Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:04:29 PM »

Try searching the Assyrian Church of the East canons on this subject. They are the most reliable Eastern canons being those of the only Church not influenced by the West in any way (not one single of the 7 councils saw an Assyrian representative, though Nicea was approved as Orthodox when the Roman embassador Marutha presented it, for you to have an idea how isolated the Assyrian Church of the East was).

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:06:56 PM »

If you are invited to a Bar Mitzvoh of the child of a close friend of yours or a work mate, would you would refuse to go?

The same impression Caesar got when his generous invitation to a feast honoring his "godhood" was courteously refused by many many Saints.  Smiley

Maybe it is not a fair comparison but alas,it is a heavy Cross indeed to carry and I have faced situations like this several times...

Really? Do you think comparing bowing to Ceasers Godhood to a child's Bar Mitzvoh is balanced and reasonable ? I certainly don't and I bet the overwhelming majority of American Priests would never think to prohibit attendance.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:10:16 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »

I will try to see what the pure Eastern canons say on this then tell you. Don't know at the moment what the Assyrian Church of the East says on the matter, if you find a copy of the Sunhadoos of the Assyrian Church of the East read it and see if it is in agreement or disagreement with the OC canons...

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 04:06:30 AM »

I will try to see what the pure Eastern canons say on this then tell you. Don't know at the moment what the Assyrian Church of the East says on the matter, if you find a copy of the Sunhadoos of the Assyrian Church of the East read it and see if it is in agreement or disagreement with the OC canons...
Hey, Rafa, just thinking... Do you know on what section of this forum you're posting?
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:46 AM »

If you are invited to a Bar Mitzvoh of the child of a close friend of yours or a work mate, would you refuse to go?

It depends on whether they are Zionists or not.  Wink

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 08:20:40 AM »

It depends on whether they are Zionists or not.  Wink

Or if you're just anti-Semitic....

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 08:55:04 AM »

Try searching the Assyrian Church of the East canons on this subject. They are the most reliable Eastern canons being those of the only Church not influenced by the West in any way (not one single of the 7 councils saw an Assyrian representative, though Nicea was approved as Orthodox when the Roman embassador Marutha presented it, for you to have an idea how isolated the Assyrian Church of the East was).

Have you ever attended a non-Orthodox or a non-Christian wedding?  Or had dinner with a non-Christian family?

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »

Have you ever attended a non-Orthodox or a non-Christian wedding?  Or had dinner with a non-Christian family?

Be careful : what the ACOE describes as non-orthodox is truely non-orthodox (jehovah's witnesses,Mormons, pentecostals, Arians, and so forth as well as hierarchs promoting new and dangerous ideas which conform to our world unfortunately). It is blasphemy to call Christ's members heretical. I do know that the rules for dealing with those who are not from a Christian background are quite stringent though. Will have to see what the canons say on this subject, once I know it will be very straightforward since the ACOE does not compromise and knows what is permissible or not...
 For repeatedly ignoring our moderatorail directives, you are being muted until we decide if you will be banned.

+FrChris
Admin

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »

Let me say this..

If you don't attend such observances with an attitude of great piety and humility I can see it. It's a difficult thing to appear pious rather than cultish or prideful. How others are effected by our actions really should be our guide. Will our pious attitude help to convert someone to Christ or will an appearance of arrogance drive the away to some extent.

Also keep in mind that religious affairs these days tend to be on the lite side heavily infected with Secular norms of conduct rather than religious observance.  Have you been to a Bar Mitzvoh recently?

Tough call.

NorthernPines
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »

I do know that the rules for dealing with those who are not from a Christian background are quite stringent though. Will have to see what the canons say on this subject, once I know it will be very straightforward since the ACOE does not compromise and knows what is permissible or not...

Are you a follower of the Canons or a follower of Jesus?

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: