OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 05:18:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And Now For Something Different... Bishop Patricia  (Read 1509 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« on: April 06, 2011, 01:01:06 AM »

Woman who claims to be Roman Catholic bishop to speak at Rutgers-Camden

A woman who bills herself as one of only three ordained female Roman Catholic bishops will speak at Rutgers-Camden next week...

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
DavidI

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:15:39 AM »

Odd I go to RU-C and no one has even mentioned this yet. Wonder if the religion and philosophy department even knows of her circumstances.

"A dog is better than I am, for he has love and he does not judge." - Abba Xanthios
blackincense
Simple Incense Maker

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Holy St. Abo, the Perfumer of Bagdad

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:41:45 AM »

I remember this lady from years ago.  She started making a stink in Europe around 2002.  I recall (but cannot prove with an article online) that she chained herself to the handrail at some portion of the Vatican.   Roll Eyes

Honestly, it's embarrassing at times to be a woman.  Before I converted to Orthodoxy I was always a rather outspoken woman (and still am.) highly involved in "equal rights" in the world.  I never stopped in fact.  But this did not mean I wanted to be a "man".    I have never understood the mindset behind this "I want to be a priest" business.  (Much less a "bishop"Huh)  Really, these women are all about gaining honor, power and glory for themselves.  It's got nothing to do with "ministering to the poor" or "ministering to the sick".  (Has any of these women "priests" or "bishops" ever been photographed doing ANYTHING in a third world country?  No.  Mostly, they just process around in their "costumes" and funny hats and make silly comments about Mary Magdalene.  Ridiculous.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:46:01 AM by blackincense » Logged
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »

Why doesn't she just go Anglican? It is obvious by the simple fact that she supports her own ordination that she has no respect for or interest in Catholic teachings.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »

Why doesn't she just go Anglican? It is obvious by the simple fact that she supports her own ordination that she has no respect for or interest in Catholic teachings.

Because misery loves company.  A century ago such would have been disrespect and disinterest in Anglican teaching, as well.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Irish_Melkite

Faith: Melkite
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton MA

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »

Some people think these women are all about "proving" they can do the same job as men.  Actually, it's beyond that.  It's women trying to dominate and cower men with politcal correctness.  Look no man can be a mother just as no woman can be a father.  Fact.  I'm so sick of the Catholic bishops being such wussies and cowering to the politcally correct crowd with altar girls, women Eucharistic ministers...  God help us... I'm sick of weak men.   As for this bishop-wannabe, I'll bet she has about as much theological training as a drunk on a street corner.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:05:56 PM »

Some people think these women are all about "proving" they can do the same job as men.  Actually, it's beyond that.  It's women trying to dominate and cower men with politcal correctness.  Look no man can be a mother just as no woman can be a father.  Fact.  I'm so sick of the Catholic bishops being such wussies and cowering to the politcally correct crowd with altar girls, women Eucharistic ministers...  God help us... I'm sick of weak men.   As for this bishop-wannabe, I'll bet she has about as much theological training as a drunk on a street corner.

For some reason this title of this thread and the above remark got me thinking of this:Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:38:57 PM »

As for this bishop-wannabe, I'll bet she has about as much theological training as a drunk on a street corner.

Right...  Roll Eyes

Irish_Melkite

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 10:40:59 AM »

As for this bishop-wannabe, I'll bet she has about as much theological training as a drunk on a street corner.

Right...  Roll Eyes

Roll your eyes all you want.... these feminazis go for what they can get in this because "they have a right to it" and NO MAN is going to stop them from getting what's rightfully theirs.  One of the "deacons" from romancatholicwomenpriests.org has repented and come back to the Church.  She also blew the whistle that few, if any of the other "clergy" she knew in this group lived virtuous lives and at least half were lesbians.   Take it from there.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »

Complaining about political correctness is politically correct.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 01:29:53 PM »

Complaining about political correctness is politically correct.

Anything that won't potentially put you in the hoosekow is politically correct.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »

Right...  Roll Eyes

Roll your eyes all you want.... these feminazis go for what they can get in this because "they have a right to it" and NO MAN is going to stop them from getting what's rightfully theirs.  One of the "deacons" from romancatholicwomenpriests.org has repented and come back to the Church.  She also blew the whistle that few, if any of the other "clergy" she knew in this group lived virtuous lives and at least half were lesbians.   Take it from there.

I was rolling my eyes at your comment about her theological training, when you have shown that you're not exactly Dr. Infallible yourself Wink I agree with the general point about women not becoming priests.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:55:04 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Irish_Melkite

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »

Moi??  Infallible??   Far from it!!!  It's just I'm tired of the feminazis who try to be men.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

Moi??  Infallible??   Far from it!!!  It's just I'm tired of the feminazis who try to be men.

I'm tired of 36 year old boys trying to be men.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »

feminazis

Just step out 1993 after a taping of the Rush Limbaugh show?

Irish_Melkite

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »

I'm tired of 36 year old boys trying to be men.

Uhhghh... speak for yourself.
Irish_Melkite

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »

feminazis

Feminazis...  you want a definition??  It's hard to do in polite conversation but I'll try:  cojone-crushing Nancy Pelosi with a worse Queen Bee syndrome.  That's close enough.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »

feminazis

Feminazis...  you want a definition??  It's hard to do in polite conversation but I'll try:  cojone-crushing Nancy Pelosi with a worse Queen Bee syndrome.  That's close enough.

Do we have a Freudian in the house?

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 04:37:51 PM »

feminazis

Girl problems, huh? Ah, it's nothing a dose of Conan won't cure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc&feature=related

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Irish_Melkite

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »

Girl problems, huh? Ah, it's nothing a dose of Conan won't cure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc&feature=related

Thank you, I needed that. Grin
bogdan
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »

Fresen is identified with a group called Roman Catholic Womenpriests, and will discuss why she believes women should help lead the Catholic Church now more than ever.

There is no such word.

Irish_Melkite

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »

Fresen is identified with a group called Roman Catholic Womenpriests, and will discuss why she believes women should help lead the Catholic Church now more than ever.

There is no such word.

There is no such thing, either... solely a figment of their imaginations.
bogdan
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »

There is no such word.

It's true.

The problem is, the women who attempt to be priests, "because the Church needs female leadership" present a false dilemma. Women absolutely can be leaders in the Church—and they are. They only can't fulfill sacramental roles. They can be leaders though. Ever hear of Mother Theresa? Countless female saints? The Mother of God, for pity's sake?
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 01:01:51 AM »

There is no such word.

It's true.

The problem is, the women who attempt to be priests, "because the Church needs female leadership" present a false dilemma. Women absolutely can be leaders in the Church—and they are. They only can't fulfill sacramental roles. They can be leaders though. Ever hear of Mother Theresa? Countless female saints? The Mother of God, for pity's sake?

And men can't be Priests as well. It ain't like you drop trou and boom you are a Priest.

I think the bolded part is a weak argument, although I know what you are saying. The idea of reducing "sacramental" roles down to some number I think is outside the spirit of the understanding of sacramentality of the Church.

We all take on our sacramental roles as persons (and all of creation for that matter) responding to the degree we do in our vocation from God.

Not that I am arguing your point per se, but would you agree I have some of the right of it?

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:18 AM »

There is no such word.

It's true.

And men can't be Priests as well. It ain't like you drop trou and boom you are a Priest.

I think the bolded part is a weak argument, although I know what you are saying. The idea of reducing "sacramental" roles down to some number I think is outside the spirit of the understanding of sacramentality of the Church.

We all take on our sacramental roles as persons (and all of creation for that matter) responding to the degree we do in our vocation from God.

Not that I am arguing your point per se, but would you agree I have some of the right of it?

Rather than modify, I just wanted to give an example: motherhood. What ain't sacramental about that?

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: