OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 07:00:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Russian] Preschool children adjust to vegetarianism  (Read 161 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: January 14, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »

Some are born vegetarian, some become vegetarian, and some have vegetarianism thrust upon them.

“Breakfast: green buckwheat soaked in hot water, herbal tea. Lunch: cauliflower soup, brown rice. Afternoon snack: dried fruit.” This is a typical daily menu for the children who attend the Tina-Sad vegetarian preschool.

Only a few years ago, school founder and director Tina Trusova worked at a Moscow publishing house and was bringing up her three children on typical meals like borshch and roast beef. Today she is a devout vegetarian.

“I haven’t eaten meat or fish for six years. And since last summer, I have been more and more into eating raw food. My husband and children cook their own food; they do not share my ideas about eating.” But Trusova’s students, who are between two and four years old, are embracing the raw food philosophy.
Roman Avdeyev, the owner of the Moscow Credit bank, is a vegan and is raising his family according to that lifestyle. Roman and his wife are bringing up 20 children – some are their biological offspring while others are adopted. “Upbringing is all about coercion,” Roman said. “Parents have to make many decisions for their children – including regarding what to eat.  I personally think killing animals for fun, to indulge your culinary whims, is unacceptable. I try to instill this in my children.” But Avdeyev has two sons who do not live at home, and they are not vegetarians. “It’s their choice.” He also does not mind when his children are given sausages at school or kindergarten. He thinks it is much more important for the children to socialize with their peers and learn how to act around those who do not share all their beliefs. “I don’t want them to set themselves apart from society. If they eat a piece of meat, nothing terrible will happen. The ascetic monk Tikhon Zadonsky once dropped in on some monks during the fasting period to find them eating fish soup. The monks were scared of what was coming. He took a spoon, sat at the table with them and said: ‘Don’t be afraid. Love is more important than fasting.’ I preach a similar faith. I tell my children what is good and what is bad. But if they stumble or follow a different path when they grow up I will not pressure them.”
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:15:06 AM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: