OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 05:41:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christ's knowledge  (Read 679 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« on: June 01, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »

I was just reading about the Agnoetae (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnoetae, http://orthodoxwiki.org/Agnoetai), who were condemned by Patriarch Eulogius of Alexandria, whose condemnation was also ratified by Pope Gregory the Great. This reality got me thinking about the topic. What is the Orthodox understanding of knowledge in the Incarnate Word? Is there only one type and level of knowledge within Him, that being the infinite divine knowledge? Or is there, on a certain level, two degrees and types of knowledge in Him, the knowledge He finds in His human nature being distinct from that which he finds in His divine nature? Is it possible that Christ knows all in His divine nature but in a paradoxical fashion also experiences ignorance in His human nature?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »

you might want to write some admin and have them delete one of these threads. Duplicate thread posting is a big no-no.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »

you might want to write some admin and have them delete one of these threads. Duplicate thread posting is a big no-no.

They are on two different forums, though...

I was intending to have one thread be directed towards those of an EO bias and another directed towards those of an OO bias.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:25:46 PM »

yeah, they don't like it when you cross post the same thing. It is against one of the forum rules.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 11:33:23 PM »

yeah, they don't like it when you cross post the same thing. It is against one of the forum rules.

Would it be more appropriate to simply have the thread on this forum and directed towards both EO and OO?

FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »

Let us see if we can peaceably discuss this is the thread with the exact same title in the OO Forum .

I'm locking this thread to facilitate the discussion on the other thread, which already has had a thoughtful post provided.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: