OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 05:38:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Empathy for my wife  (Read 369 times) Average Rating: 0
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« on: April 02, 2011, 04:52:32 AM »

So, I've been having a struggle with this, recently, and it's making me feel awful about who I am.

I'm usually a very empathetic person: I am very quick to help others in need, usually out of a sincere concern for them, and when folks I know or don't know are very sick, or in dire straits, I feel for them sincerely. I am often touched by the prayer requests of others.

My wife is pregnant, and she deals with our 2 kids an awful lot. She is often quite tired, and for the last couple of days has been feeling sick, as well. For some reason, I am completely numb to it, and honestly get annoyed when she complains about it or acts under the weather. I love my wife, and we have a generally very good relationship, but this is putting a wedge between us. I should be caring for her, but it's like I don't believe her, even though intellectually, I do...

Any thoughts on this?
Mostly, pray for me, a sinner.

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:38:57 AM »

Lord have mercy on Your Handmaiden.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:39:10 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:50:14 AM »

Well, turns out there's a fairly good explanation for my mood/temperament. I've been having some headaches the last 4 days or so that began during a workout, out of nowhere, and it turns out that I'm having Post-Concussion Syndrome symptom from a major concussion I sustained in the Fall, which almost always leads to temporary mood deflation/depression. I knew something was up. It's a double whammy, because it means that the initial injury was probably more severe than they thought, and could have permanent lasting effects.

I humbly ask for prayers for my health, but mostly as it pertains to my roles as father and husband.
In Christ,
Jim

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »

Sad I'm sorry to hear that... Lord have mercy!

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:33:52 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: