OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 12:25:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byzantine Cause  (Read 8886 times) Average Rating: 0
ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« on: May 18, 2004, 08:03:37 PM »

Hello my Orthodox brothers and sisters. My name is Konstantinos and I hail from Michigan, United States. I am here looking for support for the Hellenic cause. I am related to the last Byzantine dynasty, the Palaeologi. I feel it is my duty to help protect and defend the Orthodox nations of this world and to hold back the Islamic wave. I have already gathered around 100 supporters in less then 6 months! I know this is a nearly impossible idea but remember, everything once started from a dream. I am welcoming any Christian to my cause and I hope that you will see the light in this. I swear by my life that I am royalty and that I would die for this cause. I come to you all as a humble servant of Christ. Please respond if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Konstantinos

NULL
ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 08:13:31 PM »

Um....hmm.

Well, welcome is quintessentially my first response.

If we live as people of God, there will be room for all nations in the Balkans and in the world. If we liken ourselves to Cain who killed his brother Abel, then the entire earth will be too small even for two people. The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us to be
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 08:17:34 PM »

I am interested, in a kinda freaked out way. lol...but I'm not even Orthodox, but I am interested, weirded out, but interested.

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 08:25:08 PM »

oh by the way.....WELCOME! This is a great place! I hope you enjoy your stay!

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 01:47:57 AM »

why?  Moscow is third Rome!  we must restore the Romanov Dynasty! Wink

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 04:33:35 PM »

why?  Moscow is third Rome!  we must restore the Romanov Dynasty! Wink
Joe Zollars

My history teacher recently went to Moscow (with a small contingent of other Americans), and he was asking a high school their thoughts about America and other issues, and at one point, a few students said that Russia needed to become a monarchy again.

I would move to Russia for such a movement (unless Serbia found a link to the Nemanjas  Grin).

If we live as people of God, there will be room for all nations in the Balkans and in the world. If we liken ourselves to Cain who killed his brother Abel, then the entire earth will be too small even for two people. The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us to be
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 04:46:07 PM »

I would move as well ByzSerb.  Slava Russia!

Joe  Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

Well I believe we should restore Constantinople to Christian hands because that is more important than restoring Moscow to a monarchy. I believe in the Rurik dynasty or the first Russian dynasty which I am related to through Constantine the elevenths niece, Zoe, who married the first Czar, Ivan the 3rd who then gave birth to Ivan the terrible! Please respond.

NULL
romanbyzantium
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 05:35:33 PM »

I would move as well ByzSerb.  Slava Russia!

Joe  Zollars

betraying america... are we.
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 05:36:20 PM »

Your Royal Highness in the Highest, Heir to the Throne of the Second Rome and Defender of All that is Holy,

What, exactly, do you plan on doing once you've assembled this Byzantine army?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 06:48:54 PM by Bogoliubtsy » Logged

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 05:41:36 PM »

Where did he say he was revoking his citizenship?  

Jumping to conclusions...are we?

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 06:46:29 PM »

Greetings You Highness!  Realistically, how can this be accomplished?  Who will force the Turks to return Constantinople?

My sins run out behind me and I do not see them, but today I am coming to judge the errors of another.
ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 06:53:28 PM »

Well hello Antonius, it is nice of you to be responding to me, I thank you. This will be accomplished by the Orthodox nations uniting, one way is creating a political party such as a monarchy party and seizing the government, then uniting the Orthodox nations. And eventually the New Byzantium will rid Constantinople of the Turks and their footprint. Please respond.

NULL
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 07:02:06 PM »

So have you ever been to Turkey?
ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 07:03:53 PM »

No, I have however seen many pictures and know the geography very well.

NULL
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 07:10:05 PM »

Well I want to thank you very much...we have a family that just immigrated from Turkey and now I have something to discuss with them tonight at Ascension. Based on what I learned from them though I think you got about as much chance at leading this movement to victory as I do of becoming the Pope.

Sorry...but I would suggest you familiarize yourself a little more with the situation and the enemy you face before developing  any concept of an operation or stating objectives.

Just a little advice from a broken down old soldier.
Antonious Nikolas
Archon

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2004, 08:23:31 PM »

Your Highness, I support you in principle, but I don't see your objectives as being realistic.  We need more specific information on how this would really be possible please.

My sins run out behind me and I do not see them, but today I am coming to judge the errors of another.
ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2004, 09:06:57 PM »

Well my friend Antonious, I thank you from the bottom of my heart that you are supporting me firstly. I have started my own political party called the National Orthodox Conservative Party, which I hope you join. We shall travel to Greece and Serbia, disperse. We will all campaign for our cause, and attempt to gain a political position of some stature. In the meanwhile we shall form a private army, not a terrorist organization. And hopefully if I gain a political position then we shall become more known and hopefully win over the country(ies). Please my friend in Christ, join me, even though the road is long and hard, we will succeed! Please respond

NULL
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2004, 10:15:36 PM »

umm is it just me or does this seem as the most Un-Orthodox thing ever?!  I mean raising private armies?! I am all for militia forces and have volunteered to serve in the Arkansas Liberation Organization when the time is ripe, but to conquer in the name of Orthodoxy?!  Perhaps funding an army of missionaries would be a better response.

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2004, 10:17:57 PM »

Oh, and as a long time monarchist, I feel it my duty to inform you that you are indeed not the rightful heir to the throne.  The Throne should first go to a direct descendent who is a member of another ruling house but not in a direct line of succession.  The best person to fulfill this is HRH Prince Henry Mountbatton (Prince Harry).  

Interestingly he also won an unnofficial poll conducted by the American Royalist Assosciation as the best candidate for the position of King of America.

Joe Zollars

Antonious Nikolas
Archon

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2004, 10:34:52 PM »

But is he Orthodox, Joe?  (We know His father is heading in our direction!) Smiley  BTW Joe, I'm a monarchist too!  I actively support the return of the Ethiopian and Russian Emperors.  You also said:

"I am all for militia forces and have volunteered to serve in the Arkansas Liberation Organization when the time is ripe..."

Are you sure the government isn't watching you?  Now I'm sorry I clicked on the link to your website! :-

Your Highness, I'm not sure if you would accept my membership.  I am Oriental Orthodox (Coptic).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 10:40:03 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 09:35:35 AM »

Who says we are going to conquer anyone? We are simply going to defend ourselves and ifwe are aroused we will ride out and fight them back. Prince Henry is not related to the Byzantine dynasty, there was a change in a position of the dynasties within England. Well my friend Antonious I would accept you into my party/organization. I do not care what form of Christianity you are, preferablly Orthodox which you are. So I am now asking you to join my party. Send me your email so we may continue our discussion. Please respond

NULL
Rho
Running from dead works to Christ.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 10:17:21 AM »

For those of you who are claiming to support a monarchy returning to places like Ethiopia, Moscow, and Constantinople, may I ask why you would prefer monarchy to democracy?

"I have taken my good deeds and my bad deeds and thrown them together in a heap. Then I have fled from both of them to Christ, and in Him I have peace." --David Dickson

Matthew 9:13 - Who is the sinner if not I?
Brendan03
High Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 10:27:18 AM »

There are too many Turkeys in Turkeyland, I'm afraid, for this plan to work. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 10:27:36 AM by Brendan03 » Logged

B
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 11:37:46 AM »

"Byzantine Prince",

I must be honest, I am very concerned about what you are doing. You are only 16 years old and you are leading young men, still teenagers, in some crazy crusade.

I spoke to one of your followers on AIM last night. He is only 14 and willing to die for your cause. And I am sure he isn't the only one.

From my understanding your plan is to head to Serbia in 2008 with your crew, build churches, and if nessecary kill those who get in the way. You want to set up some neo-nazi facist government that will root out Islam in anyway possible.

And all of this without the blessing of the Orthodox Church, not even one Orthodox priest!

Please....STOP!

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 02:58:42 PM »

Amen to that Ben.

Oh please.  If the government doesn't have anything better to do..... Actually it was just a joke.  there is no ALO as of yet, but if things get worse.......

Actually, yes Prince Henry Mountbatton is indeed related to the last Byzantine Dynasty.  He is also a descendent of the Grand Prince Vulodymyr through HRM Elizabeth adn HRH Philip.  It is through HRH Philip htat he is related to the last  Byzantine Dynasty.  

Now the Prince Henry's Orthodoxy or rather lack thereof is a concern.  However Apostates have sat on the thrown in Constantinople before.  And who says he will not convert?

Royal Geneology is a hobby of mine.

Konstantinos, from appearances you are a decieved young man out for your greater glory.  Even if you were descended from the last Byzantine Dynasty as you claim, you would not be the rightful heir.  In addition to this, you are acting without the blessing of the Church and you are acting in direct contradiction to the teachings of Christ.  Christ said "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."  If you are concerned about the state of Orthodoxy, and you should be, send money to the OCMC instead.

Joe Zollars

ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 03:00:57 PM »

I would support a Monarchy with all three, preferablly a Constitutional monarchy. I have also written most of a code, entitled the Byzantium Code. If any of you are interested in reading it, please ask and I will send it to you. I know I have many young supporters who are willing to die for me, but we need that in order for my plan to succeed. I myself am willing to die also. I do not believe in a Nazi/fascist government or the killing of innocent people. That is not what I believe. I believe we should defend and stide out if we are assaulted. I have already spoken with my holy Father and has said he will bless it before I leave for the Balkans. So maybe some mis-communication. Please respond.

NULL
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 03:31:54 PM »

Willing to die for you?! for you?!  for you?!  I am flabergasted.  The only thing we need people "who are willing to die" is if they are willing to die for Christ's Sake and the spreading of hte Holy Faith, not the spreading of the grandios dreams of someone who still needs to get out into the real world.  I love America, but I would not say "i am willing to go out and die for America."  I am willing to die for Christ, but not for some earthly cause.

Joe Zollars
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 06:07:35 PM by JoeZollars » Logged

ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 03:36:19 PM »

Well in essence we will all be dieing for Orthodoxy and Christ. But when I say willing to die for me, arent the soldiers in Iraq willing to die for Bush? The Prussians for Frederick the Great? The Macedonians for Alexander the Great? I plan on restoring the monarchy with myself at the helm since I am royalty. We are all in the same boat together remember.

NULL
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 03:43:41 PM »

I love America, but I would not say "i am willing to go out and die for America."  

I was, have been and am still willing to die for my country if it is necessary and asked of me...However the idea of dying for one's country or (God Forbid) a monarch is all BS. When it comes right down to it, in combat the only thing men are willing to die for is each other.

So what is the name and parish of this "holy Father" who is willing to bless this armed struggle?
ByzantineSerb

OC.net

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2004, 04:30:20 PM »

What, betraying the All Holy and Everlasting American Empire? Nah.

I just prefer an ancient Orthodox (or, in few occasions, Catholic-Ireland  Grin) nation.

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2004, 06:11:59 PM »

Well in essence we will all be dieing for Orthodoxy and Christ. But when I say willing to die for me, arent the soldiers in Iraq willing to die for Bush? The Prussians for Frederick the Great? The Macedonians for Alexander the Great? I plan on restoring the monarchy with myself at the helm since I am royalty. We are all in the same boat together remember.

Shall we count those examples of heathans and heretics?  Since when does the Orthodox Church raise armies and other such things.  NO!  Dying for you is not the same thing as dying for Christ.  

If you intend to restore the Monarchy through such violent and frankly un-Orthodox means, and to "restore" yourself as emperor in complete contradiction to all rules of Monarchial governance, than I must declare that I can have nothing to do with you or your "cause."  And I doupt you will find very many if any American Monarchists willing to support your campaign.

You remind me a bit of myself a few years back.  I even talked of raising an army to rid Europe of hte Mohamadean scourge.  But then I got a job, got out in the real world--and grew up a bit.

Joe Zollars
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 06:14:50 PM by JoeZollars » Logged

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2004, 06:26:02 PM »

A few links that may be of use to Monarchists in the USA and abroad:

The Constantian Society--American Monarchist Info Service

Monarchist Society of America

Royalist Party of America

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2004, 07:19:58 PM »

I have just had an extensive private Instant Message conversation with ByzantinePrince and feel that I must warn people that this man is a pathological liar.  He gave me three different names of the "Greek Orthodox Church" he attends--none of which are in the GOA or in the GOC for that matter.  He also claimed that his Bishop is Kallistos Ware.  I feel I must warn people that this man may possibly be dangerous and/or a cult leader givin his willinglness to have people die for him.

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2004, 07:21:41 PM »

This is the name and address of the Church he claims to attend:  

St. Andrews Greek Orthodox church
414 W SOUTH ST
KALAMAZOO, MI 49007
Phone:343-7833

Makes me wonder if this is indeed a FOCoMB (First Orthodox Church of My Basement).

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2004, 07:22:35 PM »

check if you will.  That church is not listed on any parish directory of any Orthodox Church, or Vagante ones for that matter.

Joe Zollars

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2004, 07:51:33 PM »

This is by far the stupidest thing I've ever read on this site, and I can't believe it got so much attention.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 07:52:47 PM by Mor Ephrem » Logged

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Antonious Nikolas
Archon

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2004, 07:57:56 PM »

It was interesting, but I kept waiting for Allen Funt to appear as a pop-up add and tell us we were on candid internet camera.  Grin  Interesting concept though!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 07:58:20 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

ByzntinePrince

OC.net

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2004, 08:03:08 PM »

These are nothing but lies from Mr.Zollars, as a matter of fact in our conversation he claimed to be related to the last German Dynasty! I am not lying about the church I attend, it is new. As for the Bishop I never said that and I deny his lies. Please dismiss him.

NULL
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2004, 09:18:22 PM »

LOLOLOLOL....

Please forgive me...I am getting such a kick out of reading these posts and the cherry on top is the llama pic right next to all the really wild posts.
theodore

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2004, 09:21:11 PM »

I'm sorry Baron Zollars.  The jig is up.   Consider yourself dismissed.  By the authority of the Crown Prince of Kalamazoo, I hereby banish you to the bleak hinterlands known as Kansas.  Your exile to this hostile territory is effective immediately.
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2004, 09:30:52 PM »

These are nothing but lies from Mr.Zollars, as a matter of fact in our conversation he claimed to be related to the last German Dynasty! I am not lying about the church I attend, it is new. As for the Bishop I never said that and I deny his lies. Please dismiss him.

umm are you aware I saved the internet conversation?

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2004, 09:33:27 PM »

I'm sorry Baron Zollars.  The jig is up.   Consider yourself dismissed.  By the authority of the Crown Prince of Kalamazoo, I hereby banish you to the bleak hinterlands known as Kansas.  Your exile to this hostile territory is effective immediately.

Say it isn't so!  Well it's ok.  As a Southron (that is genuine Sweet Tea running in these veins folks!)  I don't recognize teh authority of any person from Michigan (or Massachutes for that matter).

Joe Zollars

spiros

OC.net

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2004, 09:33:42 PM »

I am enjoying these posts so much that I decided to post instead of lurking!
I am an Orthodox layman in Western Pa. and not Royalty in any way. I also lurk on A Byzantine catholic board and saw that the Prince has visited them as well.

Serious question- Would not an ethnarch (metropolitan Bishop with Civil Power)such as that  formerly of Cyprus or Montengro be much more Orthodox than just  a crummy king?

Official Resident of 5th Century Cyprus
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2004, 09:35:40 PM »

Achtung! I shall have my revenge!  I am going to retake the thrown of Prussia. Wink

Please folks let let the insanity die.  I'm an American, your an American, and judging from our IM conversation the crown prince of Kalamazoo (who by his own admission is only 25% greek and is in fact himself a Prussian and also by his own admission has converted within the last year) is a genuine American.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: