OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 01:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This literally makes me weep with joy  (Read 1258 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: March 26, 2011, 01:50:10 AM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Northwest-Jesuits-offer-1661-million-to-abuse-victims-118658324.html

It is about time that what the Jesuits did to American Indians was recognized. The atrocities that occurred in "Indian re-education centers" should be proclaimed loudly so that they will NEVER be repeated again.

http://www.king5.com/video/raw/Raw-Statement-on-Jesuit-lawsuit-settlement-118689579.html
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 03:22:40 AM »

Some things deserve fire and brimstone. I guess I haven't become holy enough to desire mercy for such evildoers as pedophiles. I love my good Catholic friends, but why in the world hasn't their been an uprising within the Catholic Church to completely clean house? I can't understand the apathy. I'm glad there is some kind of financial restitution, but it makes me sick that these Priests are living comfortable lives without any justice and accountability. It's gonna be tough on Judgment Day for those who harmed God's little ones.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 04:59:47 AM »

Prayers.....

Lord Have Mercy ! On the Innocent Living Victims
and on the ones that Committed suicide over this abuse.....Amen Amen

Hope and Prayers that
By the Grace of God ,all the American Indian Tribes will exit Sodom And Gomorrah
The Catholic Church ,it's detrimental to ones Physical and Spiritual Health well Being and growth........
        Lord Have Mercy! and Save and Protect Us From Satan and his disciples .......Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:55:05 PM »

I truly believe in demonic possession and priests are not immune.  I keep recalling a book I read some twenty or more years ago by a Catholic theologian who was adamantly against many of the changes in Vatican II.  He said he actually saw satan enter the Church.   Sad
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 12:11:38 AM »

I truly believe in demonic possession and priests are not immune.  I keep recalling a book I read some twenty or more years ago by a Catholic theologian who was adamantly against many of the changes in Vatican II.  He said he actually saw satan enter the Church.   Sad

So Marian visions are out, but Satanic visions are in?

Good grief.

No one on this board is more vocal on the world wide criminal conspiracy by the RCC hierarchy to allow sexual abuse to occur. I've even been so bold to say it will inevitably touch the Papacy in terms of knowledge of what was happening either the current Pope or past or both.

But saying Satan entered the RCC as a body goes too far.

My country I live in owes more to the RCC than it can ever repay and that work continued during and after Vatican II. And its ability to do such further great work being undermined by the scandals and how they were handled is something that will be grievous for a long time.

More than the Filioque, women reading the Gospel, etc. I pray the RCC is able to clean up its past and present problems as quickly as possible and return to its former position as possibly the most effective single charitable organization in the secular sense this country has ever seen and greatest organization for charity in the Christian sense; it probably remains so in spite of all these problems.

My apologies to the RCs here who I know if they are like most of the active RCs I know in RL, do a lot of serious work for the poor and forgotten without much show or to do for such obscene comments.

They might regret having helped this person now given the results, but I might not be here if not for the RCC.

Many thanks.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 12:13:47 AM »

Some things deserve fire and brimstone. I guess I haven't become holy enough to desire mercy for such evildoers as pedophiles. I love my good Catholic friends, but why in the world hasn't their been an uprising within the Catholic Church to completely clean house? I can't understand the apathy. I'm glad there is some kind of financial restitution, but it makes me sick that these Priests are living comfortable lives without any justice and accountability. It's gonna be tough on Judgment Day for those who harmed God's little ones.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

The priests that committed pedophilia are not living comfortably, and much of the publicity has come from those that want to destroy Christianity, and what better way to destroy it than by attacking it's greatest and most powerful entity; the Roman Catholic Church.   In the U.S. the Catholic Church has  a great many enemies, such as the feminists that fear their right to abortion will be taken away, and the homosexuals that want gay marriage.  They are both very powerful groups in American politics and they have the support of the left leaning media. Angry

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 12:17:35 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

The priests that committed pedophilia are not living comfortably, and much of the publicity has come from those that want to destroy Christianity, and what better way to destroy it than by attacking it's greatest and most powerful entity; the Roman Catholic Church.   In the U.S. the Catholic Church has  a great many enemies, such as the feminists that fear their right to abortion will be taken away, and the homosexuals that want gay marriage.  They are both very powerful groups in American politics and they have the support of the left leaning media. Angry

Well I'm glad you added to your comments above.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:17:45 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 01:12:13 AM »

So Marian visions are out, but Satanic visions are in?

Good grief.

No one on this board is more vocal on the world wide criminal conspiracy by the RCC hierarchy to allow sexual abuse to occur. I've even been so bold to say it will inevitably touch the Papacy in terms of knowledge of what was happening either the current Pope or past or both.

But saying Satan entered the RCC as a body goes too far.

My country I live in owes more to the RCC than it can ever repay and that work continued during and after Vatican II. And its ability to do such further great work being undermined by the scandals and how they were handled is something that will be grievous for a long time.

More than the Filioque, women reading the Gospel, etc. I pray the RCC is able to clean up its past and present problems as quickly as possible and return to its former position as possibly the most effective single charitable organization in the secular sense this country has ever seen and greatest organization for charity in the Christian sense; it probably remains so in spite of all these problems.

My apologies to the RCs here who I know if they are like most of the active RCs I know in RL, do a lot of serious work for the poor and forgotten without much show or to do for such obscene comments.

They might regret having helped this person now given the results, but I might not be here if not for the RCC.

Many thanks.

I have a sister in law that's been a vegetable for about ten years now.  My brother was lucky and able to get her into a Catholic institution.  Who knows what the cost will be, maybe millions but they will pay for it as they pay for everything else.  Why in the world anyone would want to destroy the Catholic Church is beyond me, but then again people are dumb.  Undecided
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »

Abuse was taking place before and after Vatican II, so what is your point?  Futhermore, this is a year old thread to which you have contributed next to nothing.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

If homosexuals are such a powerful force in American politics, then how come so few states have gay marriage, and most that do only do because of the state court system?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

If homosexuals are such a powerful force in American politics, then how come so few states have gay marriage, and most that do only do because of the state court system?

If someone was to even suggest gay marriage fifty years ago they would have been considered insane.  That such a thing has come to the forefront in society, and against the will of the majority of Americans, should make one realize to what extent our courts have been politically manipulated.

It was all foreseen decades ago, and it was being fought but to no avail.  Frankly I blame the feminists for all the liberal judges.   Angry 
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »

I truly believe in demonic possession and priests are not immune.  I keep recalling a book I read some twenty or more years ago by a Catholic theologian who was adamantly against many of the changes in Vatican II.  He said he actually saw satan enter the Church.   Sad

Abuse was taking place before and after Vatican II, so what is your point?  Futhermore, this is a year old thread to which you have contributed next to nothing.

Abuse has been taking place throughout history, and in every religious institution since the beginning of time, so what's your point...if anything?  Huh
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:37:52 PM by Zenovia » Logged
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 07:56:54 PM »

Though the RCC has done/is doing wonderful charitable work in the US, the scandals were caused by them and them alone.  America owes them nothing.  Zero.  And for the RCC to clean up and return to it's former position would mean nothing short of reversing course and returning to Orthodoxy. 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

And my fan follows along.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

If someone was to even suggest gay marriage fifty years ago they would have been considered insane.  That such a thing has come to the forefront in society, and against the will of the majority of Americans, should make one realize to what extent our courts have been politically manipulated.

It was all foreseen decades ago, and it was being fought but to no avail.  Frankly I blame the feminists for all the liberal judges.   Angry 

How does this prove homosexuals are a powerful political force?  I wasn't aware that only homosexuals could fight for gay marriage; I had the distinct impression that many heterosexual people support it.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »

Though the RCC has done/is doing wonderful charitable work in the US, the scandals were caused by them and them alone.  America owes them nothing.  Zero.  And for the RCC to clean up and return to it's former position would mean nothing short of reversing course and returning to Orthodoxy. 

You mean the Orthodox don't have any problems with sexual abuse?  Just because it isn't plastered all over the media any time it happens, doesn't mean it doesn't exist; just go ask Corey Feldman.

Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 01:34:35 AM »

You mean the Orthodox don't have any problems with sexual abuse?  Just because it isn't plastered all over the media any time it happens, doesn't mean it doesn't exist; just go ask Corey Feldman.

The abuse in the RCC is no more and no less than the abuse that occurs everywhere, and that includes other denominations.  Believe me I know plenty of cases,  and they were not plastered all over the news.   The attacks on the Catholic Church is  an attack on Christianity on a whole since it is its most vocal and prominent adherent.  All Religious  leaders  know this and that's why they are mum on the subject.   Sad

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 04:30:20 AM »

You do realize that the vast majority of abuse that American Indians experienced at the hands of Catholic clergy started well before Vatican II right? If you live in the NW you should stop by the cultural center in Toppenish.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:31:38 AM by Quinault » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 04:58:19 AM »

Though the RCC has done/is doing wonderful charitable work in the US, the scandals were caused by them and them alone.  America owes them nothing.  Zero.  And for the RCC to clean up and return to it's former position would mean nothing short of reversing course and returning to Orthodoxy.  
Umm do you realize the extent of the charity the RCC has done to this country? CCUSA has a revenue more than 3 billion dollars, but it is impossible to even quantify how much the Church has done in donations. How about all the refugees that came from Burma? There isn't even a single institution that has done more for the impoverished and relief for those that suffer in the world.

More than 1,688 local Catholic Charities agencies and institutions provided services to 8,522,997 unduplicated individuals in need of help in 2004.

* Provided Services that Build Strong Communities to 3,646,222 people
Social support services 1,837,964
Education and enrichment 775,968
Socialization and neighborhood services 359,574
Health-related services 276,400
Services to at-risk populations 396,316

* Provided Food Services to 6,287,891 people
Food banks and food pantries 2,984,089
Soup kitchens 1,247,290
Congregate dining 1,291,982
Home delivered meals 274,253
Other food services 490,277

* Provided Services that Strengthen Families to 1,071,463 people
Counseling and mental health services 387,856
Immigration services 350,164
Addiction services 94,027
Refugee services 92,034
Pregnancy services 98,064
Adoption services 49,318

* Provided Housing Related Services to 598,953 people
Counseling and Assistance 203,063
Temporary shelter 251,671
Supervised living 70,121
Permanent housing 52,384
Transitional housing 21,715

* Provided Other Basic Needs Services to 1,741844 people
Financial Assistance (not rent, mortgage, etc.) 176,304
Clothing Assistance 592,899
Utilities Assistance 330,721
Assistance with Purchase of Prescriptions 47,484
Additional Other Basic Needs Assistance 594,436

* Provided Disaster Services to 331,727 people

Catholic Education9
Total Catholic elementary and high school enrollment: 2,065,872
Elementary Schools: 5,774 schools educating 1,467,694 students
High Schools: 1,206 schools educating 598,178 students
Colleges and Universities: 235 institutions educating 804,826 students10
Non-residential Schools for Handicapped Persons: 61 schools educating 59,160 students
Public School Students Receiving Religious Education: 11
Elementary School students: 3,012,495
High School students: 675,686

Catholic Health Care12
Hospitals: 554 Catholic hospitals treated 89,501,723 patients
Other Health Care Centers: 357 centers treated 5,535,260 patients
Specialized Homes: 1,541 assisted 1,031,215 residents
Residential Care of Children: 418 locations assisted 28,941 residents

http://web.archive.org/web/20110728032347/http://www.usccb.org/comm/catholic-church-statistics.shtml

But to answer you, yes America owes them nothing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:59:01 AM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 06:30:34 AM »

I truly believe in demonic possession and priests are not immune.  I keep recalling a book I read some twenty or more years ago by a Catholic theologian who was adamantly against many of the changes in Vatican II.  He said he actually saw satan enter the Church.   Sad

Abuse was taking place before and after Vatican II, so what is your point?  Futhermore, this is a year old thread to which you have contributed next to nothing.

Abuse has been taking place throughout history, and in every religious institution since the beginning of time, so what's your point...if anything?  Huh

You clearly suggested Vatican II had something to do with abuse in the Catholic Church; I pointed out that that is foolishness.

Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 02:07:18 PM »

You clearly suggested Vatican II had something to do with abuse in the Catholic Church; I pointed out that that is foolishness.

Okay look, I'm going to go into a bit of Christian theology and mysticism here.  Everything we are and do tends to affect everyone  around us.  When people are 'Grace' filled, it  literally permeates the air and extends to others around them.  By the same token the opposite is  true, so when people start falling, others around them begin to fall as well.   In other words immorality begets more immorality, cruelty begets more cruelty, hatred begets more hatred, etc., etc. 

The opposite is also true.  Kindness begets kindness, morality begets morality, and so on and so forth.  We know for certain that this  virus of immorality in the RCC occurred after Vatican II.  It might have existed before, but if it did it was probably minuscule in comparison  since the era was a much more 'Grace filled' one.   To be honest I don't know why it happened, but it might have been a reaction to the rigidity and elitism of the RCC before Vatican II.  What I do know is that more power was given to local bishops so the Church could adapt to the different cultures.  The American bishops  went overboard in this and it could have affected the faith of the Catholics.

Nothing in this world is stagnant and everything changes accordingly.  If the atmosphere is such that immorality  prevails, then it somehow affects all churches equally.  In other words if it's occurring in the RCC, it's occurring in the Orthodox and Protestant churches as well.  If the people in the RCC would have remained a little bit more Grace filled, then it would have affected  the other churches as well...and of course the same could be said for the Protestants.  If they had remained more Grace filled, then the RCC wouldn't have fallen.   

Yeah I know I'm confusing you... Huh
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 06:43:47 PM »

Okay look, I'm going to go into a bit of Christian theology and mysticism here.  Everything we are and do tends to affect everyone  around us.  When people are 'Grace' filled, it  literally permeates the air and extends to others around them.  By the same token the opposite is  true, so when people start falling, others around them begin to fall as well.   In other words immorality begets more immorality, cruelty begets more cruelty, hatred begets more hatred, etc., etc. 

The opposite is also true.  Kindness begets kindness, morality begets morality, and so on and so forth.  We know for certain that this  virus of immorality in the RCC occurred after Vatican II.  It might have existed before, but if it did it was probably minuscule in comparison  since the era was a much more 'Grace filled' one.   To be honest I don't know why it happened, but it might have been a reaction to the rigidity and elitism of the RCC before Vatican II.  What I do know is that more power was given to local bishops so the Church could adapt to the different cultures.  The American bishops  went overboard in this and it could have affected the faith of the Catholics.

Nothing in this world is stagnant and everything changes accordingly.  If the atmosphere is such that immorality  prevails, then it somehow affects all churches equally.  In other words if it's occurring in the RCC, it's occurring in the Orthodox and Protestant churches as well.  If the people in the RCC would have remained a little bit more Grace filled, then it would have affected  the other churches as well...and of course the same could be said for the Protestants.  If they had remained more Grace filled, then the RCC wouldn't have fallen.   

The only thing that confuses me is how you think you make any sense at all.  I do not believe you have any idea what you are talking about.

Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »

The only thing that confuses me is how you think you make any sense at all.  I do not believe you have any idea what you are talking about.

That's because you have never read any writings by saints.  According to some, our multiple sins can affect even the weather.   Tongue
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »

That's because you have never read any writings by saints.  According to some, our multiple sins can affect even the weather.   Tongue

Wow; you must be quite holy to be able to know the reading habits of a man who you've never met.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: