Author Topic: Archbishop Chrysostomos II meets Pope Benedict  (Read 539 times)

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
Archbishop Chrysostomos II meets Pope Benedict
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:29:24 AM »
Pope Benedict XVI has assured the primate of the Church of Cyprus Archbishop Chrysostomos II that he will help in any way possible to reverse a Turkish Cypriot demand for an admission fee to enter a Greek Orthodox monastery, in northern Turkish occupied Cyprus.
The illegal Turkish Cypriot regime, which no country except Turkey recognises, imposes an admission fee on pilgrims who visit the Apostle Andreas� Monastery in Turkish occupied Karpass peninsula.

rest here

Offline scamandrius

• Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek in exile
Re: Archbishop Chrysostomos II meets Pope Benedict
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »
Pope Benedict XVI has assured the primate of the Church of Cyprus Archbishop Chrysostomos II that he will help in any way possible to reverse a Turkish Cypriot demand for an admission fee to enter a Greek Orthodox monastery, in northern Turkish occupied Cyprus.
The illegal Turkish Cypriot regime, which no country except Turkey recognises, imposes an admission fee on pilgrims who visit the Apostle Andreas� Monastery in Turkish occupied Karpass peninsula.

rest here

Maybe the pope can contribute his Swiss Guard to dislodge the illegal Turkish occupiers.  And I"m sure they could do it--no, I'm not joking.
I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene