OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 12:26:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is there a blessing for gardens?  (Read 393 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« on: March 22, 2011, 02:55:23 PM »

hello, all.  I hope you are all having a truly spiritually beneficial Lent! 

when my parents divorced, we totally neglected our back yard.  we didn't go back there for a year and a half, as we were all very depressed from the family falling apart.  well, by the grace of God, we're recovering from the seperation. 

now that it's spring, we are trying to clean up the back yard.  so far it's a bare, blank canvas.  we are so excited  Grin

we are going to plant a garden.  is there a blessing in the Book of Needs for a garden?  I'd love to have Father come and bless it. 

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »

I've found two prayers in Polish. One for blessing the grain before sowing and the second one for blessing the setting of vineyard.

http://liturgia.cerkiew.pl/euch/dom/ziarno.pdf
http://liturgia.cerkiew.pl/euch/dom/sadzenie_winnicy.pdf

The second one seems appropriate. I suppose there must be one in English somewhere in euchologions.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:29:15 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »

Back home the priest would read St. Trifon's prayer, cursing all damaging sort of insects and bugs or natural phenomena like hail. They read it on Pentecost when all villages go in a very solemn procession to the fields.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: