Author Topic: Migne's Patrologia Graeca  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Twenty Nine

• Faith: Roman Catholic
Migne's Patrologia Graeca
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:18:36 PM »
I am looking for an online, English translation of Migne's Patrologia Graeca PG75 Cyril of Alexandria. In particular, I am looking for the Thesaurus.

I found a Greek version, but not an English translation.

Can anyone advise?
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Re: Migne's Patrologia Graeca
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »
I am looking for an online, English translation of Migne's Patrologia Graeca PG75 Cyril of Alexandria. In particular, I am looking for the Thesaurus.

I found a Greek version, but not an English translation.

Can anyone advise?
Can you post the link to the Greek?
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Twenty Nine

• Faith: Roman Catholic
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8

Offline Nathan_Lamontagne

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
As far as I know, and I have searched, although not comprehensively, there exists no English translation either of the Patrologia Graeca nor of the Patrologia Latina.  Sorry.

However, if you are looking for the writings of a particular person, rather than tracking down a citation from somewhere, try the NPNF series (Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_and_Post-Nicene_Fathers for information).  The set is also available on CD in HTML format, included with the Ante-Nicene Fathers; http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/all_the_fathers_on_cd.htm, a very useful purchase in my opinion.

Best of Luck