OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 10:27:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody speak Russian?  (Read 1700 times) Average Rating: 0
Andreas

OC.net

« on: May 16, 2004, 04:20:01 PM »

If you speak Russian, can you watch this video http://rus-sky.com/miracles/audio/exorcism-ntv.mpg and tell me what exactly it is about, and what you think of it?

Thanks. Smiley

"It's later than you think! Hasten therefore to do the work of God."
 -Fr. Seraphim (Rose)
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:29:28 AM »

OK, I just watched it... some FREAKY shtuff...
It's an NTV (one of the major TV networks in Russia) newscast regarding exorcism.  It shows several priests exorcising demons, and some of the are very convincing, the sounds produced are just inhuman, and send chills down the spine.  
There was a few interviews with the excorsists, but the main one, who is most often at Troista Sergiva Lavra refused to be interviewed because he believes that TV is a tool of the devil.  There was also another priest interviewed who's a trained psychologist, and while, not denying that possession can happen, and in these cases priests need to be called, that many people are very easily influinced, and can basicly talk themselves into believing their possessed, for whatever reason.  
It was very interesting, I've seen newscasts, documentaries like this before.  They are just freaky in general.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Andreas

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 01:51:15 PM »

OK, I just watched it... some FREAKY shtuff...
It's an NTV (one of the major TV networks in Russia) newscast regarding exorcism.  It shows several priests exorcising demons, and some of the are very convincing, the sounds produced are just inhuman, and send chills down the spine.  
There was a few interviews with the excorsists, but the main one, who is most often at Troista Sergiva Lavra refused to be interviewed because he believes that TV is a tool of the devil.  There was also another priest interviewed who's a trained psychologist, and while, not denying that possession can happen, and in these cases priests need to be called, that many people are very easily influinced, and can basicly talk themselves into believing their possessed, for whatever reason.  
It was very interesting, I've seen newscasts, documentaries like this before.  They are just freaky in general.

Very interesting stuff. Thanks a lot. Smiley

"It's later than you think! Hasten therefore to do the work of God."
 -Fr. Seraphim (Rose)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: