OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 05:17:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vigil Lamp  (Read 436 times) Average Rating: 0
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)
Jurisdiction: OCA

Christos Anesti!

« on: March 17, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

In my Parish during great lent we burn a vigil lamp before the tabernacle containing the lamb for the presanctifed but we don't burn one in front of the tabernacle for the rest of the year is anyone else Familiar with this tradition? should there be a lamp burning in front of the tabernacle all the time?

In Christ,
Seraphim

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

In my Parish during great lent we burn a vigil lamp before the tabernacle containing the lamb for the presanctifed but we don't burn one in front of the tabernacle for the rest of the year is anyone else Familiar with this tradition? should there be a lamp burning in front of the tabernacle all the time?

In Christ,
Seraphim

It is quite common for there to always be one.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)
Jurisdiction: OCA

Christos Anesti!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »

Thank you.

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: