OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 06:28:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharp Pains & Discovering What's Wrong  (Read 612 times) Average Rating: 0
StGeorge
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

St. George

« on: March 15, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »

Hello,

Past two days I've had sharp pains in my intestinal area.  This came right after I thought I was finally getting over a horrible 10 day cold.  Please pray that these pains go away.  

I'm also suffering from chronic health problems and I don't know the cause or what exactly my problem is.  The doctors never have given me a positive identification, and I've had people suggest everything from Lyme's disease, to structural problems, to fibromyalgia, to adrenal fatigue.  I'm becoming quite tired of getting worse and not even knowing what is at the root of my symptoms or how they are to be treated.  If you could pray that God intervene and at least let me know what I'm dealing with, I greatly would appreciate it.  
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:01:14 PM by StGeorge » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »

Prayers........
Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen
If your lactose intolerent ,stay away from milk ,that can cause sharp pains....
Prayers for Healing ,Mind Body ,Soul And Spirit........Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »

Prayers........
Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen
If your lactose intolerent ,stay away from milk ,that can cause sharp pains....
Prayers for Healing ,Mind Body ,Soul And Spirit........Amen Amen

I've cut down most of my dairy intake since Lent began, so I'm thinking it's probably something else.  Thank you for the advice and prayers.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »

Lord have mercy!

I have CFS and Fibromyalgia (pretty much a hybrid of both), and I get a lot of random pains that are worse than the everyday stuff. Are you gluten intolerant? (You might be eating more gluten during Lent.) Some of them are also female problems, and from your name...I guess they wouldn't be affecting you.

There could be other issues, but hopefully your doctor will be able to shed some light on the problems. Lord have mercy, Amen.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 09:48:07 PM »

Lord have mercy!!
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »

Lord have mercy!

I have CFS and Fibromyalgia (pretty much a hybrid of both), and I get a lot of random pains that are worse than the everyday stuff. Are you gluten intolerant? (You might be eating more gluten during Lent.) Some of them are also female problems, and from your name...I guess they wouldn't be affecting you.

There could be other issues, but hopefully your doctor will be able to shed some light on the problems. Lord have mercy, Amen.

I've thought about possibly being gluten intolerant, but I don't know for sure.  The pains I have are not entirely random.  The pain always is in my back, usually in my chest, and sometimes seems to be in my leg or knee, though not as serious.  It's not just the pain, but the stiffness, that causes the most problems.  Thank you for your prayers.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »

Kyrie Eleison! 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Phoenix73

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 07:56:12 AM »

Lord have mercy!

I've thought about possibly being gluten intolerant, but I don't know for sure.  The pains I have are not entirely random.  The pain always is in my back, usually in my chest, and sometimes seems to be in my leg or knee, though not as serious.  It's not just the pain, but the stiffness, that causes the most problems.  Thank you for your prayers.

Lord have mercy

I know this is not the right forum, will be a good discussion in another forum if anyone wants to join. Got plenty to say  Smiley
stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 08:10:53 AM »

Lord Have Mercy

"As there is drunkenness for God, which doesn’t see the world in its ugliness, there is also a drunkenness of the world, which does not see in its ugliness the holiness of God." - Fr. Dumitru Staniloae
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: