OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 06:10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One More Time...  (Read 913 times) Average Rating: 0
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic > Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

My Son Aidan... :-)

« on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »

Grace and Peace,

One more time I throw myself into the bosom of Holy Orthodoxy in an attempt to more fully embrace the Christian Faith. This Great Lent I have vowed to attend St. Cyprian of Carthage Orthodox Church with my children during this Great Fast and submit myself to the Traditions and Liturgy of my Eastern Brothers and Sisters in the hope that it be more pleasing to God and more healing for my wretchedness of soul and spirit.

Aid me, Pray for me, and support me for I have been in this struggle so long. I am weak and I don't trust my own guidance in these matters anymore. Far too long my mind has been an enemy to me and have served only to steer me to greater corruption of heart.

St. Ephraim, pray for me, a sinner!

St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »

Lord have mercy!

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
NMHS
Site Supporter

Jurisdiction: UOC

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »

Grace and Peace,

One more time I throw myself into the bosom of Holy Orthodoxy in an attempt to more fully embrace the Christian Faith. This Great Lent I have vowed to attend St. Cyprian of Carthage Orthodox Church with my children during this Great Fast and submit myself to the Traditions and Liturgy of my Eastern Brothers and Sisters in the hope that it be more pleasing to God and more healing for my wretchedness of soul and spirit.

Aid me, Pray for me, and support me for I have been in this struggle so long. I am weak and I don't trust my own guidance in these matters anymore. Far too long my mind has been an enemy to me and have served only to steer me to greater corruption of heart.

You are not alone......................Lord have Mercy
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »

Grace and Peace,

Grace and Peace,

What are you doing this Great Lent?

St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 04:44:35 PM »

Lord have mercy on thy servant!
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »

Lord have mercy!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
NMHS
Site Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »

Grace and Peace,

Grace and Peace,

Battling the same enemy we share together......................our minds.
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:52:16 AM »

Grace and Peace,

Grace and Peace,

Battling the same enemy we share together......................our minds.

Ah, a tenacious foe to be sure. :-) My poor spiritual man's advice, don't do it alone and don't be timid.

NMHS
Site Supporter

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 06:24:11 PM »

Ah, a tenacious foe to be sure. :-) My poor spiritual man's advice, don't do it alone and don't be timid.

Ignatius

Would you be able to elude to this a little more?

ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »

Ignatius

Have a spiritual father and don't let the darker forces confuse you into being timid with your faith.

NMHS
Site Supporter

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »

Ignatius

Have a spiritual father and don't let the darker forces confuse you into being timid with your faith.

PM Sent
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)
Jurisdiction: OCA

Christos Anesti!

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 04:40:54 PM »

Lord Have Mercy!

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: