OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 01:28:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vulgarity  (Read 529 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« on: March 13, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »

As Lent progresses, I am trying to guard my mouth more and more. Eating and smoking and now language.

Growing up in a world and pretty much the world I've been around as an adult what passes for everyday language would be considered by many outside the height of vulgarity.

My language is so blue at times it is black. Pretty much my "natural" way of speaking when passionate or around certain groups.

Never really cared to change it and afforded me community in various groups of folks, nor do I think use of such language is a sign of lack of intelligence.

But since being more involved with the parish and prayer, I wince at the words that fall out my mouth at times in content and style and manner.

In my heart now for whatever reason, I would like God to help me change my speech.

So God willing, as I approach the day when I first receive the Broken Body and Blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God, please pray that God help me to give up the vulgarities of speech which are part and parcel of my tongue.

Many Thanks.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
quietmorning
QuietMorning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »

Lord have mercy!

St. John Chrysostom please pray for orthonorm.

Lord have mercy!

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 03:29:13 PM »

Prayers......

To Edit Vulgarity out of You Life,
Lord Have Mercy.....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »

Lord have mercy!
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 08:02:03 PM »

As Lent progresses, I am trying to guard my mouth more and more. Eating and smoking and now language.

Growing up in a world and pretty much the world I've been around as an adult what passes for everyday language would be considered by many outside the height of vulgarity.

My language is so blue at times it is black. Pretty much my "natural" way of speaking when passionate or around certain groups.

Never really cared to change it and afforded me community in various groups of folks, nor do I think use of such language is a sign of lack of intelligence.

But since being more involved with the parish and prayer, I wince at the words that fall out my mouth at times in content and style and manner.

In my heart now for whatever reason, I would like God to help me change my speech.

So God willing, as I approach the day when I first receive the Broken Body and Blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God, please pray that God help me to give up the vulgarities of speech which are part and parcel of my tongue.

Many Thanks.

I know exactly what you mean.  Lord have mercy and help the pot along with the kettle.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 02:35:51 AM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ag_vn
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: