OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 01:11:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday School Curriculum  (Read 362 times) Average Rating: 0
cs

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« on: March 08, 2011, 04:04:28 PM »

Hi there,

Our church is looking to revamp our Sunday School curriculum from kindergarten to grade 8.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good resources to help us out - for example, books or sites that suggest topics or ideas to be introduced at different stages of development, ideas for interactive activities, existent curriculum, etc.  So far, I have referred to "Our Church and Our Children" (I love this book, but it's a little old now) for insight, as well as the curriculum on the SUS Coptic Diocese site.

If this topic has been brought up before, please let me know where to find the thread. I'm new to this site, still trying to figure things out!

God bless.
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »

I see that you're Coptic. I don't know anything about OO Sunday school material, but the OCA's Department of Christian Education is pretty active. Most of it should be okay for your use.

I hope it's helpful!

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
Thankful
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:39:27 PM »

Oh, please check this one out: http://www.cgsusa.org/. It's just lovely and if our mission/parish develops a Sunday School program, I'd like to suggest this one.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:40:03 PM by Thankful » Logged

cs

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »

Thanks to both of you for the resources you provided- I will definitely look through these.
God bless.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: