OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 11:45:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Beautiful Forgiveness Sunday  (Read 306 times) Average Rating: 0
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« on: March 06, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »

To all,

Today my two little ones, James and Annie, were chrismated and took their first communion ever at the cathedral we attend here in St. Petersburg. He is 3 and she is 1. My son was happily making the sign of the cross throughout the day.

I am humbled, touched and truly grateful to see our family come closer to being united in the Orthodox Church. If the Lord sees fit, I am to join my wife and children at the end of Great Lent.

Thank you all for your help always in my journey, and please pray for us!
In Christ,
Jim

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 11:18:46 AM »

Prayers indeed for you and your family. Keep us posted.
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:17:07 PM »

To all,

Today my two little ones, James and Annie, were chrismated and took their first communion ever at the cathedral we attend here in St. Petersburg. He is 3 and she is 1. My son was happily making the sign of the cross throughout the day.

I am humbled, touched and truly grateful to see our family come closer to being united in the Orthodox Church. If the Lord sees fit, I am to join my wife and children at the end of Great Lent.

Thank you all for your help always in my journey, and please pray for us!
In Christ,
Jim
Glory to God! I pray the Lord keep and preserve your family during this Holy Lent.

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: