OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 30, 2015, 07:27:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prayer request again  (Read 1434 times) Average Rating: 0
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« on: May 11, 2004, 05:40:19 PM »

I know this is not as important as others brought up recently, but tomorrow, Wensday May11, I have to take all my finals for the semester back to back and a couple of them are fairly crucial to my grades.  If I make it through that, I shoudl graduate on Friday evening.  Please pray that my brain doesn't turn to mush first.

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 06:15:56 PM »

Lord have mercy Joe. I'll be remembering you on my way to work in the UK while you are still asleep.

Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 06:32:27 PM »

does not compute.  What is sleep? Grin

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 06:40:01 PM »

Joe,

I'll pray for you, but you need to do your part, pray and get some serious sack time "before the finals".

james
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 07:14:08 PM by Jakub » Logged

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 07:00:29 PM »

what is this sleep you all keep talkinga bout?Wink

Joe Zollars

Mor Ephrem
The Fourteenth Apostle
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"The grace of God has appeared..."

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 07:26:29 PM »

Dude, you'd be surprised.  One of the things I was always careful about in college was getting a good night's sleep, at least before major exams.  Even if I didn't study as much as I wanted (or needed), I would still get my sleep.  I managed to do well.  

With prayers...I remember finals, I was never a fan.

"...you could not bear, Master, in the compassion of your mercy to watch the human race being tyrannised by the devil, but you came and saved us. We acknowledge your grace, we proclaim your mercy, we do not conceal your benevolence..."
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »

I still don't get the concept? what is sleep? Wink

I know research says to sleep more, but I just can't sleep until I feel I know the material and am confident I will do well on the test.  Now I am not only worried about that, but actually getting a high enough mark in the class to have it transfer next fall.  Add all that too the fact I have a big term paper due at the tiem I take one of my finals tomorow and you begin to see why I am stressed.  

I need to wind down.  Can someone loan me a fake ID kit? Grin

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 03:39:15 PM »

woo-folks I made it.  And all without hitting the "medicinal" whiskey in the cabinet.

Joe Zollars

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 05:13:41 PM »

A miracle ?

Investigation & documentation required.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: