Author Topic: Picture of the Day  (Read 2091303 times)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: Picture of the Day
« Reply #9225 on: May 10, 2017, 01:52:14 PM »
I've seen it (the meme) with Greek moms as the last group.  And I've seen Greek moms (not mine, thank God) have that reaction to their kids.

I've seen my parents (double Slavs, to remind) having that reaction to me. That's something really sad.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #9226 on: May 10, 2017, 02:10:22 PM »

Almost all the successors of Saint Peter in one image.
Image result for fusion card yugioh
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #9227 on: May 10, 2017, 03:02:53 PM »

Almost all the successors of Saint Peter in one image.
Image result for fusion card yugioh

Ive never played Magic, didnt get the joke.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9228 on: May 10, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
It's actually Yu-Gi-Oh, this card fuses (usually similar) creatures into a more powerful one.  :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:05:49 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #9229 on: May 10, 2017, 06:07:27 PM »
It's actually Yu-Gi-Oh, this card fuses (usually similar) creatures into a more powerful one.  :P

Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh, it's devilry all the same. 
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9230 on: May 10, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »

Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh, it's devilry all the same.
Well, I hope there are no anathemas against Pokemon out there...

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #9231 on: May 10, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »
No, not an anathema...but I will refuse to add Pokémon to my diptych!
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9232 on: May 11, 2017, 12:16:49 AM »
Oh, I see you're one of those Digimon guys... You should totally get a penance for that.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #9233 on: May 12, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »

You know what you do to antagonize people.  Although you take very thorough precautions to disguise this behavior, anyone watching can see what you are doing.  After having been on the receiving end of your particular brand of passive-aggressive harassment for years,
I did some soul searching and wrote a reply to you:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71042.msg1455897/topicseen.html#msg1455897

You don't have to respond if you don't want to.
God Bless.

I stand by what I said, rakovsky.  I found your reply unconvincing.  In short, you claim to have examined my criticism of your posts on these boards and - surprise, surprise - you have exonerated yourself.  Your critics here are wrong, and you were innocent all along.  And your advice for resolving any future conflicts if you make one of your passive-aggressive posts casting aspersions upon the Oriental Orthodox Communion in the future - and you acknowledge that you probably will - we should just ask you if you meant to do so, you will tell us no, we should accept that, and then move on.  Seems like a license to continue doing exactly what you've been doing while simultaneously avoiding any criticism such actions might engender.

No thanks, rakovsky.  I'm not buying it.  I'm also not playing along with further attempts to redirect the discussion to places you find more suitable.  I'll let the mods do their job instead.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:13:46 PM by Antonious Nikolas »
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #9234 on: May 13, 2017, 12:56:10 AM »

You know what you do to antagonize people.  Although you take very thorough precautions to disguise this behavior, anyone watching can see what you are doing.  After having been on the receiving end of your particular brand of passive-aggressive harassment for years,
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71042.msg1455897/topicseen.html#msg1455897

God Bless.

I stand by what I said, rakovsky.  I found your reply unconvincing.  In short, you claim to have examined my criticism of your posts on these boards and - surprise, surprise - you have exonerated yourself.  Your critics here are wrong, and you were innocent all along.  And your advice for resolving any future conflicts if you make one of your passive-aggressive posts casting aspersions upon the Oriental Orthodox Communion in the future - and you acknowledge that you probably will - we should just ask you if you meant to do so, you will tell us no, we should accept that, and then move on.  Seems like a license to continue doing exactly what you've been doing while simultaneously avoiding any criticism such actions might engender.

No thanks, rakovsky.  I'm not buying it.  I'm also not playing along with further attempts to redirect the discussion to places you find more suitable.  I'll let the mods do their job instead.

I have no idea what you are talking about. It appears to stem from a private forum which I will have nothing to do with. I see nothing here that requires moderation and to specify whatever in carnation requires moderation in this public forum,  in which few would understand. Your post deserves explanation. I do not see the need for your premise that moderation should be forthcoming.

As some one who has no idea what this debate is about because the accusations have not been explicitly stated, this is what I feel:

Anyone who resorts to mockery and sarcasm in place of patient statements of rebuttal loses their credibility.  Perhaps I am alone in this but I doubt it.

Perhaps I can start a thread with all of the statement by Rakovsky for the past two weeks and you can go through each one as to what is wrong with them without reading in between the lines.

"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #9235 on: May 13, 2017, 02:45:56 AM »

God Bless.

I have no idea what you are talking about. It appears to stem from a private forum which I will have nothing to do with. I see nothing here that requires moderation and to specify whatever in carnation requires moderation in this public forum,  in which few would understand. Your post deserves explanation. I do not see the need for your premise that moderation should be forthcoming.

As some one who has no idea what this debate is about because the accusations have not been explicitly stated, this is what I feel:

Anyone who resorts to mockery and sarcasm in place of patient statements of rebuttal loses their credibility.  Perhaps I am alone in this but I doubt it.

Perhaps I can start a thread with all of the statement by Rakovsky for the past two weeks and you can go through each one as to what is wrong with them without reading in between the lines.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #9236 on: May 13, 2017, 11:23:06 AM »

I do not understand this as well. His sweater is too big and his violin too small.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9237 on: May 13, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about.

That's right, you don't.  Frankly, you don't know what you're talking about either.  And yet, that hasn't stopped you - on two separate occasions now - from attempting to interject yourself into the discussion as if you do.  And when - on that other occasion - I attempted to explain to you that you weren't seeing the whole picture because you weren't familiar with rakovsky's posting history and his negative interactions with various Oriental Orthodox posters on these boards over a period of years, you acknowledged as much, but yet here you are again, attempting to ride to rakovsky's defense as if those of us who are letting him know that we are no longer willing to play his game are the ones in the wrong.  You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but at the end of the day, you still don't see the big picture and you still don't know what you are talking about.

It appears to stem from a private forum which I will have nothing to do with.

Wrong.  It stems from a history of interaction between several posters over a period of several years.

I see nothing here that requires moderation and to specify whatever in carnation requires moderation in this public forum,  in which few would understand. Your post deserves explanation. I do not see the need for your premise that moderation should be forthcoming.

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse here or if this is another symptom of your wading into a discussion you don't truly understand.  I'm leaning towards the latter.  What I'm referring to here is rakovsky's repeated attempts - here and elsewhere - to redirect discussions from the threads in which they originate into other threads he creates or latches onto elsewhere, as he did in this discussion.  I am never going to play that game.  If you type something to me here, I will reply here.  If you say, "I'd prefer to continue our discussion at [link]", I am going to ignore that and continue the discussion in the thread in which it is already occurring until a moderator moves the discussion or directs me to do otherwise.  Rakovsky is not a moderator, and his many attempts to move discussions around will always avail him naught, as they did here, just like your vain attempts to chastise his interlocutors.  This is what I mean by "let the mods do their jobs".  If they want to move the discussions, they can.  Rakovsky cannot.

The accusations have been stated both explicitly and repeatedly on a number of occasions.  It's no one's fault but your own if you've not been keeping up, and yet feel qualified to advance an opinion based on your half-veiled knowledge and your "feelings".

Anyone who resorts to mockery and sarcasm in place of patient statements of rebuttal loses their credibility. 

Anyone who doesn't understand something and yet attempts to speak absolutely and authoritatively on the matter not only loses their credibility but makes themselves look arrogant, ignorant, and foolish.

Perhaps I am alone in this but I doubt it.

Indeed.  Perhaps there are others reading who don't understand the discussion that has been percolating here over the course of the past several years and yet feel obliged to offer an off-base commentary as well.

And perhaps plucking out isolated statements without understanding the context within which they were made is not worth wasting your time on after all.  I know it won't get you anywhere in terms of either convincing me or showing me up.  In fact, Opus, your attempted intervention in this discussion is not going to change the way I interact with rakovsky at all.

I do not understand this as well. His sweater is too big and his violin too small.

Maybe you should invite him over to your seaside bungalow to dress him as you see fit.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #9238 on: May 13, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »

If anything, that violin looks too big to be the world's smallest ;)
Quote from: Nun M.
The dread Pantocrator...is also "Christouli mou", (my little Christ), who really listens when you run in to your neighborhood church on the way to work to cry and light a candle because your daughter is in trouble at school. The untouchable and all-holy Mother of God is also "Panayitsa mou", who really will take your part before the court of heaven because, just like your own mom, she’ll always stick up for her children, no matter how badly they’ve behaved.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #9239 on: May 13, 2017, 08:06:26 PM »

That's right, you don't.  Frankly, you don't know what you're talking about either.  And yet, that hasn't stopped you - on two separate occasions now - from attempting to interject yourself into the discussion as if you do.  And when - on that other occasion - I attempted to explain to you that you weren't seeing the whole picture because you weren't familiar with rakovsky's posting history and his negative interactions with various Oriental Orthodox posters on these boards over a period of years, you acknowledged as much, but yet here you are again, attempting to ride to rakovsky's defense as if those of us who are letting him know that we are no longer willing to play his game are the ones in the wrong.  You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but at the end of the day, you still don't see the big picture and you still don't know what you are talking about.

Wrong.  It stems from a history of interaction between several posters over a period of several years.

I see nothing here that requires moderation and to specify whatever in carnation requires moderation in this public forum,  in which few would understand. Your post deserves explanation. I do not see the need for your premise that moderation should be forthcoming.

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse here or if this is another symptom of your wading into a discussion you don't truly understand.  I'm leaning towards the latter.  What I'm referring to here is rakovsky's repeated attempts - here and elsewhere - to redirect discussions from the threads in which they originate into other threads he creates or latches onto elsewhere, as he did in this discussion.  I am never going to play that game.  If you type something to me here, I will reply here.  If you say, "I'd prefer to continue our discussion at [link]", I am going to ignore that and continue the discussion in the thread in which it is already occurring until a moderator moves the discussion or directs me to do otherwise.  Rakovsky is not a moderator, and his many attempts to move discussions around will always avail him naught, as they did here, just like your vain attempts to chastise his interlocutors.  This is what I mean by "let the mods do their jobs".  If they want to move the discussions, they can.  Rakovsky cannot.

The accusations have been stated both explicitly and repeatedly on a number of occasions.  It's no one's fault but your own if you've not been keeping up, and yet feel qualified to advance an opinion based on your half-veiled knowledge and your "feelings".

Anyone who resorts to mockery and sarcasm in place of patient statements of rebuttal loses their credibility. 

Anyone who doesn't understand something and yet attempts to speak absolutely and authoritatively on the matter not only loses their credibility but makes themselves look arrogant, ignorant, and foolish.

Indeed.  Perhaps there are others reading who don't understand the discussion that has been percolating here over the course of the past several years and yet feel obliged to offer an off-base commentary as well.

And perhaps plucking out isolated statements without understanding the context within which they were made is not worth wasting your time on after all.  I know it won't get you anywhere in terms of either convincing me or showing me up.  In fact, Opus, your attempted intervention in this discussion is not going to change the way I interact with rakovsky at all.

Maybe you should invite him over to your seaside bungalow to dress him as you see fit.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #9240 on: May 14, 2017, 06:34:47 PM »

This is a lot of words without context.

My question is why this issue is pouring over into the "Other Topics" part of the forum where it does not belong ( For non-serious topics only)?  It is that simple.

I have not lived in the bungalow since around 1994. Since I probably mentioned it only once, it must have made an impression.  If you are so interested in that bungalow you can read about my world there, in what I believe is the last chapter of Rainbow Stories by Bill Vollmann. It could provide you with more fodder to attack me with, but I doubt it. I am Job.

I only stated what I saw in the gif. Nothing more.

I did not address your entire post because I do not see what you are seeing.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9241 on: May 14, 2017, 08:02:18 PM »

The entire matter we are discussing here is a lot of words without context as far as you're concerned, since you are either unwilling or unable to understanding the situation at hand.
vvs
My question is why this issue is pouring over into the "Other Topics" part of the forum where it does not belong ( For non-serious topics only)?  It is that simple.

That was not your original question.  At least, that is not what you asked in the your attempted critique of my post in post # 9234.  You asked that I explain the reference to "letting the mods do their jobs" and I did so.  If you are not satisfied with the answer - or, more accurately, if you are not satisfied with the fact that I actually had an answer to give when you thought that you would wind up flabbergasting me and saving your pal rakovsky - that is not my fault.

Now, as to your present question - the one you've only asked as of this post and not in your previous failure of an attempt at riding to rakovsky's rescue - "Why is this pouring over into the Other Topics section"?  That goes back to your pal rakovsky not getting Mor's obvious joke about St. Athanasius and the video game Contra and his longwinded failure of an attempt at upbraiding Mor for making the post in reply #9199.  That being the case, if you have an issue with this matter entering this thread, take it up with rakovsky.  This whole discussion is traceable directly to post #9199.  That's when someone (rakovsky) turn a "non-serious" lighthearted play on words (St. Athanasius/Contra) into something "serious".  Go back and follow the thread through for yourself, and try to be intellectually honest about it.

Now maybe you'll tell me you were asking something else all along when anyone reading can see that you weren't.

I have not lived in the bungalow since around 1994. Since I probably mentioned it only once, it must have made an impression.

Creepy stories often do, just not in a good way.

If you are so interested in that bungalow you can read about my world there, in what I believe is the last chapter of Rainbow Stories by Bill Vollmann. It could provide you with more fodder to attack me with, but I doubt it.

If I ever find myself in need of a good skeeve out, that'll be my second choice right after chatting up some of the other posters on these boards about their weird anime fetishes.

I am Job.

God boasted about Job.  He didn't have to boast about himself.  And I don't recall Job needlessly picking fights about subjects he didn't understand on the internet.

If you're unfamiliar with the common phrase about the "world's smallest violin" that's hardly Mor's fault.

And you won't, unless you actually put in the effort to trace this conflict rakovsky has with several other posters - all of whom see his posts in the same light - back to its origins.  I'm not going to do the work for you.  It's a task worthy of Job though, so you might actually be up to it.  In the meantime, I'm sure you'll continue to offer commentary on the situation in spite of the fact that its a subject that you don't truly understand.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #9242 on: May 15, 2017, 12:47:35 AM »

The entire matter we are discussing here is a lot of words without context as far as you're concerned, since you are either unwilling or unable to understanding the situation at hand.
vvs

That was not your original question.  At least, that is not what you asked in the your attempted critique of my post in post # 9234.  You asked that I explain the reference to "letting the mods do their jobs" and I did so.  If you are not satisfied with the answer - or, more accurately, if you are not satisfied with the fact that I actually had an answer to give when you thought that you would wind up flabbergasting me and saving your pal rakovsky - that is not my fault.

Now, as to your present question - the one you've only asked as of this post and not in your previous failure of an attempt at riding to rakovsky's rescue - "Why is this pouring over into the Other Topics section"?  That goes back to your pal rakovsky not getting Mor's obvious joke about St. Athanasius and the video game Contra and his longwinded failure of an attempt at upbraiding Mor for making the post in reply #9199.  That being the case, if you have an issue with this matter entering this thread, take it up with rakovsky.  This whole discussion is traceable directly to post #9199.  That's when someone (rakovsky) turn a "non-serious" lighthearted play on words (St. Athanasius/Contra) into something "serious".  Go back and follow the thread through for yourself, and try to be intellectually honest about it.

Now maybe you'll tell me you were asking something else all along when anyone reading can see that you weren't.

I have not lived in the bungalow since around 1994. Since I probably mentioned it only once, it must have made an impression.

Creepy stories often do, just not in a good way.

If you are so interested in that bungalow you can read about my world there, in what I believe is the last chapter of Rainbow Stories by Bill Vollmann. It could provide you with more fodder to attack me with, but I doubt it.

If I ever find myself in need of a good skeeve out, that'll be my second choice right after chatting up some of the other posters on these boards about their weird anime fetishes.

I am Job.

God boasted about Job.  He didn't have to boast about himself.  And I don't recall Job needlessly picking fights about subjects he didn't understand on the internet.

If you're unfamiliar with the common phrase about the "world's smallest violin" that's hardly Mor's fault.

And you won't, unless you actually put in the effort to trace this conflict rakovsky has with several other posters - all of whom see his posts in the same light - back to its origins.  I'm not going to do the work for you.  It's a task worthy of Job though, so you might actually be up to it.  In the meantime, I'm sure you'll continue to offer commentary on the situation in spite of the fact that its a subject that you don't truly understand.

Mor is irrelevant.

I did not pick the name Job.

I never find you light-hearted, quite the contrary. The same goes with Mor, but he is again irrelevant to this conversation unless he gets out of his picture posting phase.

I think you extrapolate too much.  What precisely was creepy? Did you ask for clarification? I do not recall having a conversation with you. Do you condemn so readily? You know so little and yet .......

I do not know what skeeve means.

What is common knowledge to you is not relevant to me. If you want to communicate skip your preconceived notions and communicate in plain English please.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9243 on: May 15, 2017, 08:59:05 AM »
Mor is irrelevant.

Actually, no he's not.  He couldn't be, since rakovsky's misinterpretation of Mor's post and their resulting back-and-forth is what started this whole discussion.  You need to double check the definition of irrelevant.

I did not pick the name Job.

And you're certainly not living up to it either.

I never find you light-hearted, quite the contrary. The same goes with Mor...

Then develop a sense of humor.  Mor is one of the funniest, most lighthearted dudes on this board.

but he is again irrelevant to this conversation unless he gets out of his picture posting phase.

Aside from rakovsky, he's the most relevant piece of this entire conversation since it was his lighthearted Contra post and rakovsky's misinterpretation of it that set everything in motion here.

I think you extrapolate too much.

Look who's talking.  You don't understand line one of the whole rakovsky vs. [Mor, AN, et al] thing, and yet you're constantly weighing in with an off-base argument from ignorance.

What precisely was creepy?

How much time have you got?

Did you ask for clarification?

I don't think I could stand it.

I do not recall having a conversation with you. Do you condemn so readily?

Grossed out ≠condemn

You know so little and yet .......

...you dive unbidden into this conversation in defense of rakovsky?  Yeah, that's how I would've finished it.

I do not know what skeeve means.

You know so little, and yet...

What is common knowledge to you is not relevant to me. If you want to communicate skip your preconceived notions and communicate in plain English please.

You know so little - even as it pertains to common English and, apparently, looking up unfamiliar terminology - you know so little about this whole rakovsky discussion, and yet...If you want to communicate, skip your preconceived notions, learn how to look up unfamiliar words online, and take the time to learn a little bit about a long-running internet beef before wading in guns blazing.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #9244 on: May 15, 2017, 05:48:47 PM »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #9245 on: May 15, 2017, 11:17:11 PM »
That is one of the coolest scientific discoveries in a long time!
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #9246 on: May 18, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #9247 on: May 24, 2017, 11:18:37 AM »
In Hoc Signo Vinces

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:18:56 AM by rakovsky »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9248 on: May 25, 2017, 03:21:44 PM »

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9249 on: May 27, 2017, 09:49:53 AM »
Ostrów Południowy, Poland. By Rafał Olesiewicz

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #9250 on: May 27, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »

Reminds me a bit of a church nearby.  Unfortunately, you probably can't see more than two or three stars in the skies above it.

Offline coptic orthodox boy

• High Elder
« Reply #9251 on: May 27, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »

Interesting.  What's the story behind the vestment style of the bishop to the right?  Looks like he is wearing a Latin chasuble.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #9252 on: May 27, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
What's the story behind the vestment style of the bishop to the right?  Looks like he is wearing a Latin chasuble.

It certainly looks like a chasuble, but I'm not sure how to answer your question.  I presume it's just an older form of vestment.  This bishop does things like that. 

Offline AlioshaKaramazov

• Faith: Inquiring
« Reply #9253 on: May 27, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #9254 on: May 27, 2017, 01:33:05 PM »

Reminds me a bit of a church nearby.  Unfortunately, you probably can't see more than two or three stars in the skies above it.

#lightpollution
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #9255 on: May 27, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »
That is nice they can see so many stars.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9256 on: May 27, 2017, 03:19:42 PM »

So, please, visit Poland! We will welcome you by many starts and lots of pierogi!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #9257 on: May 28, 2017, 01:14:08 AM »

So, please, visit Poland! We will welcome you by many starts and lots of pierogi!

On the way...
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9258 on: May 28, 2017, 01:16:35 AM »
Please, visit Brazil! I promise we won't rob you, and I can introduce you to the world of cachaça!

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #9259 on: May 28, 2017, 01:37:50 AM »
Please, visit Brazil! I promise we won't rob you, and I can introduce you to the world of cachaça!

I'll only go if you promise me riots.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9260 on: May 28, 2017, 01:43:39 AM »

Sure, I just need to go back to my old job and wait for the next time one can smell pepperspray from the 13th floor.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #9261 on: May 28, 2017, 02:03:20 AM »

Sure, I just need to go back to my old job and wait for the next time one can smell pepperspray from the 13th floor.

Great, let me know!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #9262 on: May 29, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9263 on: May 29, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »

Offline Bob2

• High Elder
« Reply #9264 on: May 29, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
What's the story behind the vestment style of the bishop to the right?  Looks like he is wearing a Latin chasuble.

It certainly looks like a chasuble, but I'm not sure how to answer your question.  I presume it's just an older form of vestment.  This bishop does things like that.

Among other things. He was the one overseeing the Western Rite before the Synod retired him.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9265 on: May 30, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #9266 on: May 31, 2017, 02:11:50 AM »

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #9267 on: May 31, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
I generally don't dump on the Biebs, but I have to admit that I find this pic quite amusing...

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #9268 on: May 31, 2017, 05:57:44 PM »
Dump on him all you want, he sucks.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #9269 on: May 31, 2017, 06:03:19 PM »
In another pic she seems confused and underwhelmed by his posing: