Author Topic: Picture of the Day  (Read 1973130 times)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: Picture of the Day
« Reply #9180 on: April 17, 2017, 06:11:15 PM »
Some my Paschal pics:

It's not difficult to find ouy wich basket is mine ;)

My priest in the new role (rector/dean of the parish)

On the left Paschl cake I got... from metropolitan Sava (the head of the Polish Orthodox Church) - on Good Friday he saw me in front of the cathedral and bought the cake from a seller sitting in front of the church and gave it to me.

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #9181 on: April 17, 2017, 07:22:17 PM »
Some my Paschal pics:

It's not difficult to find ouy wich basket is mine ;)

My priest in the new role (rector/dean of the parish)

On the left Paschl cake I got... from metropolitan Sava (the head of the Polish Orthodox Church) - on Good Friday he saw me in front of the cathedral and bought the cake from a seller sitting in front of the church and gave it to me.

I like your basket too  ;D
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #9182 on: April 17, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »
Our eggs:

No automatic alt text available.

Fr. Levy, Archimandrite Maurício, Archbishop Chrisóstomo, Archpriest Bento, Archpriest Basílio (from Maricá) and Fr. João (from Cordeiro):

Archpriest Bento, my spiritual father, reading the Gospel:

Our table and my beautiful self behind the clergy:

"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9183 on: April 20, 2017, 02:46:59 PM »
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #9184 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #9185 on: April 21, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9186 on: April 21, 2017, 10:01:42 AM »

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #9187 on: April 25, 2017, 02:22:39 AM »
"Strongmen" prank that actually got booked on local morning shows...  :laugh:

Apparently these guys are being sued for fraud and copyright infringement now  :police:

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9188 on: April 25, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »
Sometimes you just really want some barbecue.

"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline juliogb

• Elder
« Reply #9189 on: April 26, 2017, 08:30:31 AM »
Sometimes you just really want some barbecue.

I am a good churrasqueiro btw.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9190 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »
Let's arrange a good one next Pascha.  ;)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9191 on: April 27, 2017, 02:09:28 PM »
Written in Polish (but calligraphy based on Church Slavonic): archibishop Jeremiah

By Mateusz Brauer-Blicharz

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9192 on: April 27, 2017, 02:51:59 PM »
Belgrade

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9193 on: April 30, 2017, 04:05:49 PM »

The oc.net should have been added ;P

Offline servulus

• Faith: Catechumen
« Reply #9194 on: April 30, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »
Belgrade

That is a beautiful picture.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9195 on: April 30, 2017, 11:11:48 PM »

The oc.net should have been added ;P
Only Facebook and OCnet have been using my freetime over the next months. I need more procrastinating tools.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9196 on: May 03, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #9197 on: May 03, 2017, 02:08:47 PM »

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #9198 on: May 04, 2017, 08:20:33 AM »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #9199 on: May 05, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »
Picture of Mortal Combat figure with halo

[Apologetics]
Source

[St Athanasius of Alexandria]
For more information
Hello, Mor.
With your haloed Alexandrian fighter figure, I think that you are referring to the post that you made one hour earlier, showing a picture of being punched out and a list of mischaracterizations of my views of OOs (Reply #30, http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71363.msg1455590.html#msg1455590).

Since you posted that, I encourage you to try to see things from my perspective, Mor. Let's clear the air. I am fine with people making threads about Acrobatics in EO churches and asking for responses, or for that matter about the Armenian madagh ritual or, if you wanted to, the other things that you mentioned. This is because I believe in a full discussion of issues and questions, including critical ones. Some things that you listed I did not know the answer to, so I asked about in threads.
Maybe it will surprise you, but most of the threads that I start don't particularly involve OOs:
Baptism in the Patristic Era was naked and followed by trampling on clothes?
(http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71374.msg1455743.html#msg1455743)

And how about the posts I made recently about the clowns and Halloween show in the Episcopalian cathedral:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71321.msg1454606.html#msg1454606

Or the ones criticizing Tsar Nicholas and St. Joseph Volotsky?

The reason for these kinds of thread is to have a critical discussion about issues.

Another thing that you might not know is that although I agree with open, full discussion, I would not subtitle an OO thread about OOs practicing acrobatics in church "Start apologetic spinning", which you explained was to call out forum users who only criticize others' churches, not their own. My question to you is: Were you including me in that?

I believe in respectful personal discussions, and that this is the Christian thing to do, even when people discuss and criticize religions. So this is my request to you: Let's avoid personal attacks, now and in the future, instead of  lists of mischaracterizations with pictures of each other getting punched out.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:22:59 PM by rakovsky »
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #9200 on: May 05, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »

[Apologetics]
Source

For more information
Hello, Mor.
With your haloed Alexandrian fighter figure, I think that you are referring to the post that you made one hour earlier, showing a picture of being punched out and a list of mischaracterizations of my views of OOs (Reply #30, http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71363.msg1455590.html#msg1455590).

Since you posted that, I encourage you to try to see things from my perspective, Mor. Let's clear the air. I am fine with people making threads about Acrobatics in EO churches and asking for responses, or for that matter about the Armenian madagh ritual or, if you wanted to, the other things that you mentioned. This is because I believe in a full discussion of issues and questions, including critical ones. Some things that you listed I did not know the answer to, so I asked about in threads.
Maybe it will surprise you, but most of the threads that I start don't particularly involve OOs:
(http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71374.msg1455743.html#msg1455743)

And how about the posts I made recently about the clowns and Halloween show in the Episcopalian cathedral:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71321.msg1454606.html#msg1454606

The reason for these kinds of thread is to have a critical discussion about issues.

Another thing that you might not know is that although I agree with open, full discussion, I would not subtitle an OO thread about OOs practicing acrobatics in church "Start apologetic spinning", which you explained was to call out forum users who only criticize others' churches, not their own. My question to you is: Were you including me in that?

I believe in respectful personal discussions, and that this is the Christian thing to do, even when people discuss and criticize religions. So this is my request to you: Let's avoid personal attacks, now and in the future, instead of  lists of mischaracterizations with pictures of each other getting punched out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_9000
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #9201 on: May 05, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #9202 on: May 05, 2017, 06:04:19 PM »
To be quite honest, many people did not know your name when they started comparing you to Hal-9000, given the shock they received later
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #9203 on: May 05, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »
many people did not know your name when they started comparing you to Hal-9000, given the shock they received later
You knew, at least two of those using the sarcastic label knew, they know it now, and it doesn't matter - I repeatedly asked them not to call me that and other clearly sarcastic names.

Peter the Aleut
gets angry enough when people call him Pete as shorthand.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:17:15 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #9204 on: May 05, 2017, 06:18:33 PM »

[Apologetics]
Source

For more information
Hello, Mor.

Hello rakovsky,

I posted that image because a) I loved Contra as a young Mor, b) saw it in my FB feed and c) thought it was funny and timely given that 2 May was the feast of St Athanasius.  Nothing more, and certainly nothing to do with you. 

Frankly, I am tired of your habit of misrepresenting my words, manipulating my quotes, assigning words and actions to me which I did not say or do even after I set the record straight, etc., and I consider recent posts of yours in which you do all these things to me in multiple threads to be an intentional campaign of harassment and defamation, for which I will ask for redress from the moderators. 

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #9205 on: May 05, 2017, 06:22:59 PM »
Hello rakovsky,

I posted that image because a) I loved Contra as a young Mor, b) saw it in my FB feed and c) thought it was funny and timely given that 2 May was the feast of St Athanasius.  Nothing more, and certainly nothing to do with you. 
Thank you for writing back, Mor.
As I mentioned, the reason why I wrote was to respond to your post, clear the air, to encourage mutual respect.
I definitely do not want to misrepesrent your views, it hurts me if I do, and seriously regret if I did.
I will explain myself in the private thread:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71376.0.html
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:27:50 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #9206 on: May 05, 2017, 08:08:08 PM »

[Apologetics]
Source

For more information
Hello, Mor.

I thought he was just posting it because, you know, St. Athanasius...contra mundum...Contra the video game...joke.  The simplest solution and all that.
Now accepting brief PMs.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9207 on: May 05, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »
To be quite honest, many people did not know your name when they started comparing you to Hal-9000, given the shock they received later

+1

In fact, it was one of the most shocking and hilarious coincidences in oc.net history.  Even a neutral party must admit, there is a certain similarity between rakovsky's posting style and the manner in which HAL-9000 expresses himself.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #9208 on: May 05, 2017, 11:48:32 PM »

I don't call you or Iconodule sarcastic names, Antonious.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:50:36 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #9209 on: May 05, 2017, 11:56:56 PM »

[Apologetics]
Source

For more information
Hello, Mor.

I thought he was just posting it because, you know, St. Athanasius...contra mundum...Contra the video game...joke.  The simplest solution and all that.

I believe in light-hearted jokes with ecclesiastical themes delivered through a pop culture medium.  I respect your refined sense of humour and am impressed by your broad command of theological material.  You also post amusing pictures and give me compliments, which I enjoy.  You're a nice boy. 

Peace. 

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #9210 on: May 06, 2017, 12:12:40 AM »
rakovsky's posting style and the manner in which expresses himself.
I believe in light-hearted jokes with ecclesiastical themes delivered through a pop culture medium.  I respect your refined sense of humour and am impressed by your broad command of theological material.  You also post amusing pictures and give me compliments, which I enjoy.  You're a nice boy. 

Peace.
At least there is a bright side to you following my last message here by caricaturizing me ("I believe... I respect... Peace") a couple hours after your last message to me - it suggests you must not really be so offended by what I wrote after all.

But I meant what I said, Mor, here and in my PM to you- I want discussions where you and I both are personally respectful even where we disagree, and I think I have a right to ask for that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:28:17 AM by rakovsky »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #9211 on: May 06, 2017, 12:27:07 AM »

Peace.
At least there is a bright side to you following my last message here by caricaturizing me ("I believe... I respect... Peace") a couple hours after your last message to me - it suggests you must not really be so offended by what I wrote after all.

But I meant what I said, Mor, here and in my PM to you- I do want discussions where you and I both are personally respectful even where we disagree.

I reported you to the moderators hours ago. 

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #9212 on: May 06, 2017, 12:42:18 AM »

Peace.

But I meant what I said, Mor, here and in my PM to you- I do want discussions where you and I both are personally respectful even where we disagree.

I reported you to the moderators hours ago.
I will reply in the Private thread.
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71376.msg1455868.html#msg1455868
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:47:51 AM by rakovsky »

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9213 on: May 06, 2017, 08:41:37 AM »

I don't call you or Iconodule sarcastic names, Antonious.

I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do, rakovsky.  You know what you do to antagonize people.  Although you take very thorough precautions to disguise this behavior, anyone watching can see what you are doing.  After having been on the receiving end of your particular brand of passive-aggressive harassment for years, I have decided to limit my interactions with you as much as possible from here on in.  I won't argue with you anymore.  We've been going back and forth for years now.  I want you to know that I sincerely bear no you no ill will, but that I find your intentional distortion of my words and other similar tactics you employ in our discussions to be extremely wearisome.  That being the case, I am making a decision to disengage.  This conversation can serve no purpose anymore.  Goodbye.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:10:36 AM by Antonious Nikolas »
Now accepting brief PMs.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9214 on: May 06, 2017, 08:54:15 AM »

[Apologetics]
Source

For more information
Hello, Mor.

Peace.

You are a witty and well-read individual.  I find our conversations to be pleasant and stimulating.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:14:28 AM by Antonious Nikolas »
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #9215 on: May 06, 2017, 01:34:04 PM »

You know what you do to antagonize people.  Although you take very thorough precautions to disguise this behavior, anyone watching can see what you are doing.  After having been on the receiving end of your particular brand of passive-aggressive harassment for years,
I did some soul searching and wrote a reply to you:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71042.msg1455897/topicseen.html#msg1455897

You don't have to respond if you don't want to.
God Bless.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #9216 on: May 07, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #9217 on: May 07, 2017, 03:10:58 PM »
Father reads announcements after liturgy.

My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9218 on: May 09, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #9219 on: May 10, 2017, 11:24:20 AM »
Slavs sound a lot like Egyptians

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #9220 on: May 10, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
Slavs sound a lot like Egyptians

I've seen at least a dozen variations of that meme.  The final nationality/ethnicity is always something non-Western European. 

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #9221 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
That makes me sad

Offline AlioshaKaramazov

• Faith: Inquiring
« Reply #9222 on: May 10, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
I've seen it applied to Spanish moms as well. Yet another proof of the superiority of Slavic-Mediterranean civilization.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #9223 on: May 10, 2017, 12:18:39 PM »
I've seen it (the meme) with Greek moms as the last group.  And I've seen Greek moms (not mine, thank God) have that reaction to their kids.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:18:56 PM by Fr. George »
I don't typically presume to speak for Mor
You can presume to speak for Mor.  

How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline juliogb

• Elder
« Reply #9224 on: May 10, 2017, 01:09:57 PM »

Almost all the successors of Saint Peter in one image.