Author Topic: Picture of the Day  (Read 1962334 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
Re: Picture of the Day
« Reply #7830 on: January 06, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
Well, his baptism is certainly commemorated on Theophany.

But it wouldn't be icy water. Middle-East is not Russia, and surely Saint John the Baptist wasn't wearing army jacket like the priest. Why Russian priests like to hold guns and wear army jackets, are they trying to play tough?

When I read this protest next to your avatar, it brings me great joy. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Raylight

« Reply #7831 on: January 06, 2016, 04:19:28 PM »
Also, Raylight, I don't think they're "playing tough." If you're as tough, I'd like to see evidence of it.

Hahah. And don't get me started with the hat. I just don't like it when some nonsense added to what is supposed to be a religious occasion.

Raylight

« Reply #7832 on: January 06, 2016, 04:21:34 PM »

But it wouldn't be icy water. Middle-East is not Russia, and surely Saint John the Baptist wasn't wearing army jacket like the priest. Why Russian priests like to hold guns and wear army jackets, are they trying to play tough?

There is no tougher man than a man who is confident about his masculinity that he is okay to look like a prostitute. ;)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #7833 on: January 06, 2016, 04:22:16 PM »
Also, Raylight, I don't think they're "playing tough." If you're as tough, I'd like to see evidence of it.

Hahah. And don't get me started with the hat. I just don't like it when some nonsense added to what is supposed to be a religious occasion.

You know their religion better than they, do you?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #7834 on: January 06, 2016, 04:23:51 PM »

Here comes Raylight mocking Orthodox clergy vestments on Orthodox forum in the name of tolerance and homosexual rights.

There is no tougher man than a man who is confident about his masculinity that he is okay to look like a prostitute. ;)

That would be not really successful prostitute.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #7835 on: January 06, 2016, 04:24:28 PM »

The World is a scary place if there's demand for obese version of Boy George.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #7836 on: January 06, 2016, 04:29:04 PM »

Here comes Raylight mocking Orthodox clergy vestments on Orthodox forum in the name of tolerance and homosexual rights.

+1

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #7837 on: January 06, 2016, 05:49:03 PM »

Four things, +1 more, here: 1) the jacket is probably for hunting, I have no idea who or where this is, but hunting+Russia makes sense to me; 2) yes Russians do love playing 'army' as most boys do when they are kids; 3) cold wars die hard, and some Russians are probably still trying to one-up Americans at whatever it is that Americans are good at, and vice versa, and clearly Americans like their guns; 4) John the Baptist ate locusts and walked around the desert in his underwear and stuff... I'd take the cold water, personally; 5) if polar bear club peoples can take a dip in the cold water for fun and giggles, then true sons and daughters of Russia can do it for their people! er... religion.
Facts unloading, please to wait

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #7838 on: January 06, 2016, 06:12:17 PM »
Theophany in Istanbul Constantinople, there is even a lady, not like in Russian photo

But I prefer pictures from Bulgaria:

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #7839 on: January 06, 2016, 06:29:00 PM »
And the Greek way. This shot tells more about the photographer's skill, though.

'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Raylight

« Reply #7840 on: January 06, 2016, 06:41:30 PM »

Well, what can I say, I'm sure you know what makes a successful prostitute ;)

As for mocking Eastern Orthodox clergy in the name of "homosexual rights". What the latter has to do with the former exactly? Or is it because I'm gay, you're going to bring the issue every time you feel like it? And how did I mock them?  I just expressed my surprise to seeing a priest wearing an army jacket. I don't think an army jacket is some holy object in Eastern Orthodoxy. As for the Orthodox forum and how dare someone questioning the jacket. Sorry buddy, but this how things work in the free world, no clergy, politician, pope, a patriarch, or a prophet is immune. Maybe the situation in Poland is different, I don't know and not interested to know. Or are you gonne all "GOD IS GREAT!!" style and shoot me for questioning, or "mocking" as you said, a clergy member of the Eastern Orthodox Church?

Raylight

« Reply #7841 on: January 06, 2016, 06:45:15 PM »
Theophany in Istanbul Constantinople, there is even a lady, not like in Russian photo

The woman from far away looks like  Rebel Wilson ?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:47:17 PM by Raylight »

Raylight

« Reply #7842 on: January 06, 2016, 06:46:30 PM »

Four things, +1 more, here: 1) the jacket is probably for hunting, I have no idea who or where this is, but hunting+Russia makes sense to me; 2) yes Russians do love playing 'army' as most boys do when they are kids; 3) cold wars die hard, and some Russians are probably still trying to one-up Americans at whatever it is that Americans are good at, and vice versa, and clearly Americans like their guns; 4) John the Baptist ate locusts and walked around the desert in his underwear and stuff... I'd take the cold water, personally; 5) if polar bear club peoples can take a dip in the cold water for fun and giggles, then true sons and daughters of Russia can do it for their people! er... religion.

Thank you :) That explains it well for me.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #7843 on: January 06, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »
Sorry buddy, but this how things work in the free world, no clergy, politician, pope, a patriarch, or a prophet is immune. Maybe the situation in Poland is different, I don't know and not interested to know. Or are you gonne all "GOD IS GREAT!!" style and shoot me for questioning, or "mocking" as you said, a clergy member of the Eastern Orthodox Church?

This thread is in Other Topics.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #7844 on: January 06, 2016, 09:48:33 PM »
Four things, +1 more, here: 1) the jacket is probably for hunting,

Such camo-like jackets can be bought in every shop with clothes and people just wear them because they like the look.

As for mocking Eastern Orthodox clergy in the name of "homosexual rights". What the latter has to do with the former exactly? Or is it because I'm gay, you're going to bring the issue every time you feel like it? And how did I mock them?  I just expressed my surprise to seeing a priest wearing an army jacket. I don't think an army jacket is some holy object in Eastern Orthodoxy. As for the Orthodox forum and how dare someone questioning the jacket. Sorry buddy, but this how things work in the free world, no clergy, politician, pope, a patriarch, or a prophet is immune. Maybe the situation in Poland is different, I don't know and not interested to know. Or are you gonne all "GOD IS GREAT!!" style and shoot me for questioning, or "mocking" as you said, a clergy member of the Eastern Orthodox Church?

You also mocked his kamilavkion.

BTW the more I read your posts, the more against immigrants from Arabic countries I am.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Raylight

« Reply #7845 on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:45 PM »

BTW the more I read your posts, the more against immigrants from Arabic countries I am.

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #7846 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:19 PM »
Ok, look Raylight, I can take the Dawkins, and even the Rand, but this Peter Griffon stuff is simply over the line. Anything by Seth McFarlane(sp?) really. Can't you settle down with a nice Beavis, Stimpson J. Cat, G.I. Joe or even Underdog?

https://youtu.be/qHej4ZqZDwo

Ahhhhh, so inspiring...

Raylight

« Reply #7847 on: January 06, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »
Ok, look Raylight, I can take the Dawkins, and even the Rand, but this Peter Griffon stuff is simply over the line. Anything by Seth McFarlane(sp?) really. Can't you settle down with a nice Beavis, Stimpson J. Cat, G.I. Joe or even Underdog?

Ahhhhh, so inspiring...

I don't like Seth either. But I like the show, it is very funny. I will try not to share as much Family guy as possible, deal :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:13:27 PM by Raylight »

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #7848 on: January 06, 2016, 11:53:50 PM »

Ahhhhh, so inspiring...

At least it's not Herbert, who used to be Wainscottbl's avatar.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #7849 on: January 07, 2016, 12:31:51 AM »
Four things, +1 more, here: 1) the jacket is probably for hunting,

Such camo-like jackets can be bought in every shop with clothes and people just wear them because they like the look.

Or it was the coat he just happened to have lying around.
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #7850 on: January 07, 2016, 01:16:20 AM »
You think, a nice young girls would be better in a picture. There are plenty of them on google.

There are plenty of links from Yim or Maria from one of the modesty threads, if you are so inclined.  Or, use the power of Google and ogle to your heart's content.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #7851 on: January 07, 2016, 01:50:57 AM »
You think, a nice young girls would be better in a picture. There are plenty of them on google.

There are plenty of links from Yim or Maria from one of the modesty threads, if you are so inclined.  Or, use the power of Google and ogle to your heart's content.

Russia + Google + ogle = Gogol.

Very crafty.

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #7852 on: January 07, 2016, 02:01:14 AM »

Very crafty.

Gogol was actually Ukrainian.  ;)

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #7853 on: January 07, 2016, 02:14:12 AM »

Very crafty.

Gogol was actually Ukrainian.  ;)

In your face, Paradosis!
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #7854 on: January 07, 2016, 02:34:59 AM »
Oopsie  :-X :-[ 8)

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #7855 on: January 07, 2016, 04:02:24 PM »
star on steroids

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7856 on: January 07, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »
^^ probably eaten too much mushrooms for Christmas Eve super

Epiphany African style:

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #7857 on: January 07, 2016, 05:21:50 PM »
Oopsie  :-X :-[ 8)

Denial, depression, and acceptance in the course of three smilies. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross would be impressed!

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #7858 on: January 07, 2016, 05:23:47 PM »

It's a caroling star.

Epiphany African style:

I like sticharions.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7859 on: January 07, 2016, 05:28:47 PM »

It's a caroling star.

I know. And probably somebody that made it had eaten too much mushrooms, it's a bit psyhodelic. I like the part most below, it would be sufficient.

Epiphany African style:
I like sticharions.

Me too. That's the most catchy-eye thing in these pictures

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #7860 on: January 07, 2016, 05:30:59 PM »

It's a caroling star.

I know. And probably somebody that made it had eaten too much mushrooms, it's a bit psyhodelic. I like the part most below, it would be sufficient.

You might have not already seen the elaborate ones.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7861 on: January 07, 2016, 05:38:55 PM »

It's a caroling star.

You might have not already seen the elaborate ones.

Yeah, that's true.

Raylight

« Reply #7862 on: January 07, 2016, 06:27:15 PM »
This is just a reminder to those who lost any sense of humanity and integrity. To those who are clearly still influenced by the Nazis who invaded their country in 1939.  Who are filled with hate, racism, and bigotry, yet, they think lighting a candle, attending the Liturgy, and listening to some byzantine chants here and there makes them Christians.  Or who think that because the Pope was from their land, they got some free ticket to Heaven.

Shame on you, shame on your people. Shame on you who once knew what war looks like, yet, you have no sympathy for those who lost their homes because of war.

To any racist, bigot, and nazi influenced, I will NOT dirt myself or waste one more moment replying to you and to anyone like you.

And oh yeah, Merry Christians to you Eastern Orthodox. Hope you enjoy celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ who was born in the Middle East. Yeah, just in case you forgot, Jesus who is not Russian, Greek, Polish, or Ukranian. Jesus the Middle East man.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:42:26 PM by Raylight »

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #7863 on: January 07, 2016, 06:33:13 PM »
This is just a reminder to those who lost any sense of humanity and integrity. To those who are clearly still influenced by the Nazis who invaded their country in 1939.  Who are filled with hate, racism, and bigotry, yet, they think lighting a candle, attending the Liturgy, and listening to some byzantine chants here and there makes them Christians.  Or who think that because the Pope was from their land, they got some free ticket to Heaven.

Never was a big fan of the pope, or any pope for that matter. Neither my parishes use Byzantine chant (God to be praised).

Not exactly sure why is this whining about. I am happy, however, that you changed that gaging avatar of yours.

To any racist, bigot, and nazi influenced (the skinny straw man looking),

Never considered myself a racist or nazi influenced. As for skinny, this is true, I need a few more kilos.

I will NOT dirt myself or waste one more moment replying to you and to anyone like you.

UNSUBSCRIBED
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:35:12 PM by mike »

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #7864 on: January 07, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
And oh yeah, Merry Christians to you Eastern Orthodox. Hope you enjoy celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ who was born in the Middle East. Yeah, just in case you forgot, Jesus who is not Russian, Greek, Polish, or Ukranian. Jesus the Middle East man.

You've heard of the Antiochians, right?
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Raylight

« Reply #7865 on: January 07, 2016, 06:51:35 PM »

You've heard of the Antiochians, right?

Yes, I did. And plus, who can forget what happened just 2 years ago against Arab Eastern Orthodox in Jerusalem by the Leaders of the Greek Orthodox Church?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:55:24 PM by Raylight »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #7866 on: January 07, 2016, 07:33:50 PM »
Did the Picture of the Day thread just get virulently political?

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #7867 on: January 07, 2016, 07:51:24 PM »

Is this part of your soft attempts at modding this board?
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #7868 on: January 07, 2016, 08:23:38 PM »

Is this part of your soft attempts at modding this board?

;)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #7869 on: January 07, 2016, 08:42:32 PM »
Raylight, the Word is the light and savior of the whole world. His incarnation in Judaea is symbolic.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #7870 on: January 07, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »
Raylight, the Word is the light and savior of the whole world. His incarnation in Judaea is symbolic.

Yes it is. It's a symbol that the brown man is God 8)

Disclaimer: I'm whiter than a sheet.

Yes, one of those sheets.

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #7871 on: January 07, 2016, 10:48:30 PM »
What this thread needs is some good old-fashioned Full House fun.  Lord have mercy!

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7872 on: January 09, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #7873 on: January 09, 2016, 09:18:33 AM »
What this thread needs is some good old-fashioned Full House fun.

Nobody needs that.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #7874 on: January 09, 2016, 09:46:05 AM »
What this thread needs is some good old-fashioned Full House fun.

With grey mullets!

'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox