OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 08:50:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picture of the Day  (Read 260655 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #4455 on: February 13, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

NVM!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:17:51 PM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #4456 on: February 13, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »

Gross. Everything about this photo and the URL.

Gross?  Why gross?   Do you have a problem with children coming into the world?  Bet your one of those folks that goes ballistic when Mom has to feed her baby.   You really need to learn to relax.   How did you get here?  The stork dropped you off special delivery?

Viking

You have no idea what you are talking about obviously. If you find the above "tolerable" then you are not much different than the abortionist. For both acts rely on the destruction of a person long before anything so trivial as conception happens.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:17:52 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4457 on: February 13, 2014, 05:18:27 PM »

NVM!

Why do you do this? You comment while sorta lame was no big deal.

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #4458 on: February 13, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »

NVM!

Why do you do this? You comment while sorta lame was no big deal.
Yes.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4459 on: February 13, 2014, 05:21:14 PM »

Gross?  Why gross?   Do you have a problem with children coming into the world?  Bet your one of those folks that goes ballistic when Mom has to feed her baby.   You really need to learn to relax.   How did you get here?  The stork dropped you off special delivery?

Viking

Check out the breast feeding threads and 30 head covering threads before you start posting absolute BS about me.

Your post shows an incredible lack of critical imagination and no bother to pay the slightest attention to the board before responding, since I've weighed in about 300 times on the issue of women's bodies and how I find the typical reaction in America beyond prudish.

And change your username.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4460 on: February 13, 2014, 05:22:33 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

This doesn't compare to the fatwa against . . . what was it again?

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #4461 on: February 13, 2014, 05:42:59 PM »

Ok, I gotcha on the url.  The slang term for gestating is just oogie.  Sounds like a cheap spaghetto sauce which coincidentally looks like what the newborn will be covered in post ejection.  But a picture of a gestating female?  What's so nasty about that?  Other than the fact that the camera is obviously desouling the infant before even being ejected.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4462 on: February 13, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

Unless that is a female Dr. with the worlds shortest haircut......even the claymation is still not -strict- enough.....its lacking a curtain and a mirror to -see- around the curtain. 

Let's just pretend that she comes from a family of Dr's and that is her brother.

ahhhh better now.  Shocked
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4463 on: February 13, 2014, 05:57:19 PM »

Ok, I gotcha on the url.  The slang term for gestating is just oogie.  Sounds like a cheap spaghetto sauce which coincidentally looks like what the newborn will be covered in post ejection.  But a picture of a gestating female?  What's so nasty about that?  Other than the fact that the camera is obviously desouling the infant before even being ejected.

Perhaps you are not so inflicted as I am to be barraged in the media and at work and pretty much everywhere, with women documenting their "baby bump".

This is not done for any medical reason, education, etc. It started with women who wanted to show that they could get pregnant without gaining much if any weight. Great, good for them I guess. I don't care.

Some men even prefer a woman with a "baby bump" which has spawned some lovely things have had the misfortune to see.

Women get pregnant. Who cares.

Women who are so self-absorbed to think that the world cares about how they like to look at themselves when pregnant have reduced the child to a fad and fashion, something to draw the eye, invariably a man's, to themselves.

I knew this one young woman who went way out her way to the point of disaster for her love of the baby bump.

Anyway, in this ostensible celebration of having a vagina and having managed the miracle of getting a man to put his penis into it and cause to remove the taboo of pregnancy (when has this been taboo? perhaps when every proper woman wore a hat), one person definitely is highlighted over another, who ends a prop in a selfie.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4464 on: February 13, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »

Other than the fact that the camera is obviously desouling the infant before even being ejected.

On some level I believe this. Just discussed it today with a buddy of mine, who will not longer eat at a favorite place of his cause they were taking photos for their website while he was there and when he asked them not to include him, they comped his meal for his understanding, which he didn't posses, so he paid for the meal and is never going back.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4465 on: February 13, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch - NA

« Reply #4466 on: February 13, 2014, 06:04:53 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

You mean, the fatwa against fatwas: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sabria-jawhar/saudis-try-to-put-an-end_b_353849.html

http://orthodoxyandrecovery.blogspot.com
The most dangerous thing about riding a tiger is the dismount.  - Indian proverb
FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

« Reply #4467 on: February 13, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

Wow, and I thought samosas had a potato filling... boy, was I wrong!

The most dangerous thing about riding a tiger is the dismount.  - Indian proverb
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #4468 on: February 13, 2014, 06:10:16 PM »

Perhaps you are not so inflicted as I am to be barraged in the media and at work and pretty much everywhere, with women documenting their "baby bump".

This is not done for any medical reason, education, etc. It started with women who wanted to show that they could get pregnant without gaining much if any weight. Great, good for them I guess. I don't care.

Some men even prefer a woman with a "baby bump" which has spawned some lovely things have had the misfortune to see.

Women who are so self-absorbed to think that the world cares about how they like to look at themselves when pregnant have reduced the child to a fad and fashion, something to draw the eye, invariably a man's, to themselves.

I knew this one young woman who went way out her way to the point of disaster for her love of the baby bump.

Anyway, in this ostensible celebration of having a vagina and having managed the miracle of getting a man to put his penis into it and cause to remove the taboo of pregnancy (when has this been taboo? perhaps when every proper woman wore a hat), one person definitely is highlighted over another, who ends a prop in a selfie.

I took pictures like that when I was pregnant. I guess now I know why?

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4469 on: February 13, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »

Wow...you took pictures like that JUST to peeve Orthonorm?   That's dedication!

laugh laugh
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4470 on: February 13, 2014, 06:12:42 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

Father, did you originally post that thread?

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4471 on: February 13, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »

Ok, I gotcha on the url.  The slang term for gestating is just oogie.  Sounds like a cheap spaghetto sauce which coincidentally looks like what the newborn will be covered in post ejection.  But a picture of a gestating female?  What's so nasty about that?  Other than the fact that the camera is obviously desouling the infant before even being ejected.

Wow...you took pictures like that JUST to peeve Orthonorm?   That's dedication!

laugh laugh

No, to indulge in her own ability to "look good" while pregnant. I started seeing this around 2000. I think the NYT had an article about the problem with the phenomenon of mothers trying to follow the looking good while pregnant routine around 2004.

But hey, society is going to society regardless of my criticisms, no matter how vulgar the behavior is.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:15:01 PM by orthonorm » Logged

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #4472 on: February 13, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »

Wow...you took pictures like that JUST to peeve Orthonorm?   That's dedication!

laugh laugh

Well, at the time I thought I was doing it to visually document the changes as my kids got bigger, and so I could compare how I carried in one pregnancy with the other, and because I thought maybe one day they might think it was interesting to see. But now I see that I was really doing it to draw attention to my slim physique, and to attract the attention of men, and because I'm addicted to selfies.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

« Reply #4473 on: February 13, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

Guilty as charged... but had to think about.  Forgot that one.  Since then, there have been more fun ones: cucumbers and tomatoes, falafel, handshakes...

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4474 on: February 13, 2014, 06:17:24 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

For everyone else:

This even tops Evangelical concerns about Teletubbies being a 'gay plot'...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/26/somali-extremist-group-bans-samosas-in-country/

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4475 on: February 13, 2014, 06:18:48 PM »

Ok, I gotcha on the url.  The slang term for gestating is just oogie.  Sounds like a cheap spaghetto sauce which coincidentally looks like what the newborn will be covered in post ejection.  But a picture of a gestating female?  What's so nasty about that?  Other than the fact that the camera is obviously desouling the infant before even being ejected.

laugh laugh

No, to indulge in her own ability to "look good" while pregnant. I started seeing this around 2000. I think the NYT had an article about the problem with the phenomenon of mothers trying to follow the looking good while pregnant routine around 2004.

But hey, society is going to society regardless of my criticisms, no matter how vulgar the behavior is.

So glad we have someone who can tell us everyone's motivation...'

While you are at it.....can you tell me what my Mom wants for her birthday?  Having a rough time choosing and if i just could look inside her head....
FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

« Reply #4476 on: February 13, 2014, 06:19:06 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

For everyone else:

This even tops Evangelical concerns about Teletubbies being a 'gay plot'...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/26/somali-extremist-group-bans-samosas-in-country/

I swear, it gets weirder every day...

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4477 on: February 13, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »

laugh laugh

Well, at the time I thought I was doing it to visually document the changes as my kids got bigger, and so I could compare how I carried in one pregnancy with the other, and because I thought maybe one day they might think it was interesting to see. But now I see that I was really doing it to draw attention to my slim physique, and to attract the attention of men, and because I'm addicted to selfies.

If there is one thing I hope we have learned in the Enlightenment morass that was our world for a while, is that we don't know a lot about ourselves. And rationalization in a wonderful turn took on a lovely meaning.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:19:57 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #4478 on: February 13, 2014, 06:19:42 PM »

Who knew a Google image search for "bump" could cause such havoc!
FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

« Reply #4479 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:27 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

You'll enjoy this: how an 18-year-old recruit from Iowa sees Iraq...

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4480 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:43 PM »

This is hardly havoc. Shiny actually caused some havoc which has had rather bad consequences for the board, which I hope to summarize soon.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4481 on: February 13, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »

Just for Orthonorm:

SAMOSAS!

You'll enjoy this: how an 18-year-old recruit from Iowa sees Iraq...

LOL!  I want to believe this is true and would be first cartoon featured by the New Yorker that I understood!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:22:30 PM by orthonorm » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #4482 on: February 13, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »

Other than the fact that the camera is obviously desouling the infant before even being ejected.

On some level I believe this. Just discussed it today with a buddy of mine, who will not longer eat at a favorite place of his cause they were taking photos for their website while he was there and when he asked them not to include him, they comped his meal for his understanding, which he didn't posses, so he paid for the meal and is never going back.

The Aboriginals of this Continent supposedly believed that the camera could snatch away your soul.  I sometimes wonder if on a peyote fueled vision quest one of the old medicine men perhaps foresaw selfies on facebook.  He might not have understood the technology but had that feeling in the pit of his soul that he was gazing upon some demonic abomination.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4483 on: February 13, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »

laugh laugh

While you are at it.....can you tell me what my Mom wants for her birthday?  Having a rough time choosing and if i just could look inside her head....

I explained this to LBK earlier to day. We do it all the time. The secret is: there is no "inside" to the mind. Not quite sure if the lauded mind exists.

'Sides the real critique here is whether your mother knows what she wants for her birthday. I can tell you the answer to that: no.

She has no idea.

Really Denise, at one time this board was above the recent playground logics often believe it or not. Let's get back there.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:25:43 PM by orthonorm » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #4484 on: February 13, 2014, 06:27:31 PM »

(Sturmpuppie)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:27:51 PM by vamrat » Logged

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #4485 on: February 13, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »

laugh laugh

If there is one thing I hope we have learned in the Enlightenment morass that was our world for a while, is that we don't know a lot about ourselves. And rationalization in a wonderful turn took on a lovely meaning.

You are a klieg light of sagacity.

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4486 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »

While you are at it.....can you tell me what my Mom wants for her birthday?  Having a rough time choosing and if i just could look inside her head....

I explained this to LBK earlier to day. We do it all the time. The secret is: there is no "inside" to the mind. Not quite sure if the lauded mind exists.

'Sides the real critique here is whether your mother knows what she wants for her birthday. I can tell you the answer to that: no.

She has no idea.

Really Denise, at one time this board was above the recent playground logics often believe it or not. Let's get back there.

You starting us off with the retrurn to somber adult like posts then?
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4487 on: February 13, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »

laugh laugh

Yes, you unlike every other person who engages in what you do while being circumscribed by a narrow breadth of time and place are completely different.

Memes are what they are for a reason, when they truly are. And this behavior is one.

And to the people who don't think mind reading is possible, I told someone that this would raise ZealousZeal's ire before she posted having never seen this behavior by her and yet confident she engaged it and would have an alternate explanation.

Really, we are not that complicated people. Just let go.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4488 on: February 13, 2014, 06:34:03 PM »

She has no idea.

You starting us off with the retrurn to somber adult like posts then?

To the childish, I became childish.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4489 on: February 13, 2014, 06:34:38 PM »

OK, I just blew my post quote for the week on this. What a waste! I have shinygraphics to present.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #4490 on: February 13, 2014, 06:39:28 PM »

laugh laugh

Yes, you unlike every other person who engages in what you do while being circumscribed by a narrow breadth of time and place are completely different.

Memes are what they are for a reason, when they truly are. And this behavior is one.

And to the people who don't think mind reading is possible, I told someone that this would raise ZealousZeal's ire before she posted having never seen this behavior by her and yet confident she engaged it and would have an alternate explanation.

Well, I told someone that orthonorm would attempt to provoke me, and I would engage against my better judgement.  Wink

Seriously, though- it didn't raise my ire. I'm not mad or upset or worked up about it at all. I offered my alternate opinion and you still disgaree, so c'est la vie. It does not surprise me that you would predict my involvement. I've posted here for years now after all- and pregnancy/parenting posts just happen to be something I have firsthand experience with, so of course when the topic comes up I participate. Shocking.

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4491 on: February 13, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »

laugh laugh

Well, I told someone that orthonorm would attempt to provoke me, and I would engage against my better judgement.  Wink

Seriously, though- it didn't raise my ire. I'm not mad or upset or worked up about it at all. I offered my alternate opinion and you still disgaree, so c'est la vie. It does not surprise me that you would predict my involvement. I've posted here for years now after all- and pregnancy/parenting posts just happen to be something I have firsthand experience with, so of course when the topic comes up I participate. Shocking.

all very true...however...'people baiting' then accusing others of playground tactics....but as you said...shocking... Roll Eyes
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4492 on: February 13, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »

laugh laugh

all very true...however...'people baiting' then accusing others of playground tactics....but as you said...shocking... Roll Eyes

I was baiting no one. It was an obvious consequence. If you can guess who I told, I'll give you something to be determined later.

converted viking

« Reply #4493 on: February 13, 2014, 06:49:07 PM »

Gross?  Why gross?   Do you have a problem with children coming into the world?  Bet your one of those folks that goes ballistic when Mom has to feed her baby.   You really need to learn to relax.   How did you get here?  The stork dropped you off special delivery?

Viking

No, Viking, he just prefers more modesty from his women:

Wink

Ouchhhhhhh !!! 

Viking
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #4494 on: February 13, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »

I was baiting no one. It was an obvious consequence. If you can guess who I told, I'll give you something to be determined later.

To be determined later? I have a guess myself, but I have something very specific in mind I would need in exchange for its reveal.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #4495 on: February 13, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #4496 on: February 13, 2014, 07:02:58 PM »

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4497 on: February 13, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »

Keep on the topic please.

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4498 on: February 13, 2014, 08:07:17 PM »

laugh laugh

So.....no disrespect meant, but, Orthonorm, has anyone ever told you that you talk like a very logical Sherlock Holmes?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
converted viking

« Reply #4499 on: February 13, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »

Viking

Check out the breast feeding threads and 30 head covering threads before you start posting absolute BS about me.

Your post shows an incredible lack of critical imagination and no bother to pay the slightest attention to the board before responding, since I've weighed in about 300 times on the issue of women's bodies and how I find the typical reaction in America beyond prudish.

And change your username.

Self impressed I see.  Sorry I don't match your intellect and as far as my user name goes I will keep it seeing as my roots are Nordic.  I do apologize if you don't like it. 

I did see some of your posts for what it is worth I think you are over the top.

Cheers:
Einar<my real name, check out the Norse meaning, you will have a good day>
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:29:42 PM by converted viking » Logged
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: