Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 3809783 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #25965 on: June 20, 2016, 01:51:29 AM »
I envy Australia
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #25966 on: June 20, 2016, 02:34:19 AM »
I envy Australia

Among all the icons was that solitary profile picture of Jacob Bruckhardt, kind of funny.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:37:29 AM by William T »
“These people are not drunk, as you suppose.  It’s only nine in the morning!"

Peter, Acts of the Apostles

Offline Alpo

• Lying Chalcedonian Liar
  • Merarches
  • Make Cthulhu great again!
  • Faith: Crypto-Universalist heresy
  • Jurisdiction: FOCIOF
« Reply #25967 on: June 20, 2016, 03:42:27 AM »
I wish the Darkness was real.

Of course it is.

But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of the South
« Reply #25968 on: June 20, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
    • Facebook - A Bíblia Ilustrada
  • Jurisdiction: Church of Poland - Archeparchy of Brazil
« Reply #25969 on: June 21, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
It seems I'll work on the Olympic Games as an OFA. That's short for "someone important and his family's handyman" (which can be in a wide range from the Prince of Monaco to some sports chairman from Central Africa). It'll certainly be fun, but maybe I shouldn't have told the committee that I speak German in my interview, since I'll definitely work with some German speaker because of that. I do know German, but I have few actual practice so being supposed to conversate in the language for three weeks straight is a pretty horrifying idea. They will turn me into a Bratwurst! I also told them I'm Orthodox, however, so there's a chance they put me with some Eastern European tycoon since they want us to work for similar people.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:56:28 PM by RaphaCam »
Only-begotten Son and Logos of God, being immortal, you condescended for our salvation to take flesh from the holy Theotokos and ever-virgin Mary and, without change, became man. Christ, our God, you were crucified and conquered death by death. Being one with the Holy Trinity, glorified with the Father and the Holy Spirit: save us.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #25970 on: June 23, 2016, 06:18:02 AM »
I want to become the greatest jingle singer of all time or the most famous workplace ethics training film actor in the world.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #25971 on: June 23, 2016, 07:05:03 AM »
I want to become the greatest jingle singer of all time

Put a lil jingle in your jangle?
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
« Reply #25972 on: June 23, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »
I always wondered how they did these airplane safety videos, maybe you could give it a shot.
Only-begotten Son and Logos of God, being immortal, you condescended for our salvation to take flesh from the holy Theotokos and ever-virgin Mary and, without change, became man. Christ, our God, you were crucified and conquered death by death. Being one with the Holy Trinity, glorified with the Father and the Holy Spirit: save us.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #25973 on: June 23, 2016, 12:01:36 PM »
It seems I'll work on the Olympic Games as an OFA. That's short for "someone important and his family's handyman" (which can be in a wide range from the Prince of Monaco to some sports chairman from Central Africa). It'll certainly be fun, but maybe I shouldn't have told the committee that I speak German in my interview, since I'll definitely work with some German speaker because of that. I do know German, but I have few actual practice so being supposed to conversate in the language for three weeks straight is a pretty horrifying idea. They will turn me into a Bratwurst! I also told them I'm Orthodox, however, so there's a chance they put me with some Eastern European tycoon since they want us to work for similar people.

I think that most Germans speak some English, so you should be fine.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
« Reply #25974 on: June 23, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »
They do, but these people will probably be expecting a German speaker to follow them. Well, it won't be the end of the world though, as long as I don't mess his agenda he'll have more things to worry about than my abilities.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #25975 on: June 23, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »
I always wondered how they did these airplane safety videos, maybe you could give it a shot.

The standard ones seem to be actual employees, but there are a few airlines now which have "funny" ones; maybe I can get in on those, since there are more parts.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #25976 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:57 PM »
They do, but these people will probably be expecting a German speaker to follow them. Well, it won't be the end of the world though, as long as I don't mess his agenda he'll have more things to worry about than my abilities.
From what I hear, subpar translations will be the least of the problems at the Rio Olympics.
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
« Reply #25977 on: June 23, 2016, 09:57:37 PM »
Undoubtedly. Last week the mayor declared the city is in state of calamity, and I doubt violence against tourists can be anyhow prevented by the police during the games, one of the four areas in the city is in an extremely dangerous location also... Lord, have mercy.

Offline Olivia

• Viva Christo Rey!
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Philadelphia
« Reply #25978 on: June 23, 2016, 11:41:58 PM »
Hello everyone. How are you all doing?

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
« Reply #25979 on: June 24, 2016, 12:17:54 AM »
I'm cool, what about you, Olivia?

Offline Olivia

• Viva Christo Rey!
« Reply #25980 on: June 24, 2016, 12:52:47 AM »
I'm okay, I should be asleep right now but for some reason I can't sleep.

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
« Reply #25981 on: June 24, 2016, 02:02:11 AM »
Back in high school, I would frequently use LSD early in the morning. It would lead me to get twenty minutes late to the first class of the day, sit behind my desk and keep quiet, tripping and hoping no one would talk to me. Frankly, I was the worst teacher ever.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:03:23 AM by RaphaCam »

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #25982 on: June 24, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »
Back in high school, I would frequently use LSD early in the morning. It would lead me to get twenty minutes late to the first class of the day, sit behind my desk and keep quiet, tripping and hoping no one would talk to me. Frankly, I was the worst teacher ever.

LOL! Who posted this?

Selam
“Universe,” “love,” “eternity,” “brotherhood,” “peace,” “life,” “justice,” “truth,” “God”… These are big words. Very big words. But not nearly big enough. They can’t be defined; they can only be lived.
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
« Reply #25983 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:08 PM »
LOL! Who posted this?

Selam
I heard that joke somewhere and I laugh alone like I'm crazy everytime I remember it.  :laugh:

Offline Olivia

• Viva Christo Rey!
« Reply #25984 on: June 24, 2016, 05:54:53 PM »
That was a funny joke-thanks for sharing!