Author Topic: What does everyone look like?  (Read 942847 times)

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
Re: What does everyone look like?
« Reply #3870 on: October 31, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »
My son and his friend and I went to say prayers at the cemetery today.

Very commendable. Sometimes prayer for the dead seems somewhat unemphasized amongst convertodoxy. Silly White people have forgotten about death.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #3871 on: October 31, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »
Silly White people have forgotten about death.

Death hasn't forgotten about them.
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #3872 on: October 31, 2017, 08:02:40 PM »
Death never forgets.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #3873 on: October 31, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
Silly White people have forgotten about death.

Death hasn't forgotten about them.

So true.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #3874 on: October 31, 2017, 10:26:37 PM »
I take the best selfies

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #3875 on: November 18, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »
The rest is: I'm waiting for a husband ;p

I'm sure many candidates are looking carefully at these photos as we speak, earnestly desiring to be globally moderated. 

:-*

I have to confess to always having a slight crush on Dominika; predating both these pics and her promotion to the upper echelons of the OCNet moderation team.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #3876 on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »

I'm sure many candidates are looking carefully at these photos as we speak, earnestly desiring to be globally moderated. 

I have to confess to always having a slight crush on Dominika; predating both these pics and her promotion to the upper echelons of the OCNet moderation team.

:-[ I'm amazed!
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3877 on: November 18, 2017, 06:03:56 PM »

Well, I guess I just like the way you write and what you have to say; it is indicative of a loving and  pious nature.  :)
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #3878 on: November 18, 2017, 06:08:01 PM »

Well, I guess I just like the way you write and what you have to say; it is indicative of a loving and  pious nature.  :)
So nice words, thank you! Anyway, if I'm of pious nature, I have to struggle with my pride ;)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #3879 on: November 18, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3880 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:40 PM »

So nice words, thank you! Anyway, if I'm of pious nature, I have to struggle with my pride ;)

Indeed, the Philokalia reduced into one sentence.

If it would help I could falsely accuse you of heresy.   I could falsely allege, by cherry picking your posts, that you are in fact and entirely unbeknownst to yourself, a thoroughly committed disciple of Valentinus.  Because one Ogdoad of Aeons is never enough.  ;) :P

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3881 on: November 18, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »

That is definitely well within the realm of creepiness!   :o   

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3882 on: November 18, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »
Myself and, at my right, my godson Teodoro just after his chrismation by Fr. Roman. I'm not short at all, the guy is almost 2 meter tall (6'6'' in barbarian).

You're older and rather more dapper than I had imagined.  I've always respected you as one of the best contributors to this forum, but now with the added plus that you in appearance remind me of my elegant Spanish-American friend Frank, who is a grand and elegant gentleman from the ethnically Spanish community of the Florida Keys.   Alas he is not Orthodox but a Freemason of Deist persuasion (a "comparative religionist"); we can't win them all sadly.  However, he is a first class human being.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:12:20 PM by Alpha60 »