Author Topic: Video of the Day  (Read 393927 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: Video of the Day
« Reply #2160 on: February 18, 2018, 02:27:30 PM »
I was taught during my half year Indology studies that there were indeed some groups from the steppes that come to India, and if I'm not mistaken, some other members of these groups chose some parts of Europe.
Precisely! These were the Indo-Europeans.

I'm not sure about it; I remember that sanksrit has quite a lot of consonants (but maybe not so much as Hindi, that because of some words borrowed from Arabic has to have them more, I think); and maybe generally the pronunciation over the centuries has been being simplified and unified, sometiems the opposite process happen too.  So, I woudln't say that's a proof for something.
It does, but all Indo-Europeans languages either clashed velars with palatovelars (most did) or with labiovelars (Sanskrit and Slavic languages did). This is why night and eight have similar endings in so many European languages (noite/oito, notte/otto, oíche/ocht, natë/etë), but not in Slavic languages (compare noch/vosem) or Sanskrit (nakta/asta or something like that).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:31:03 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Here comes the Easter Bugny
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Video of the Day
« Reply #2161 on: Yesterday at 03:25:59 AM »
Some interview from the 70s with a woman who was one the 144,000 Jehovah's Witness... until she got disfellowshipped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=4qg2-aDS9PM
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things