OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 11:07:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing: Ethiopian Muslims Burn Down Five Churches, More Attacks Feared  (Read 996 times) Average Rating: 0
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »

Washington, D.C. (March 3, 2011)–International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that in the past two days, thousands of Muslims have razed five churches and the homes of two evangelists in Asendabo, Ethiopia. Christian leaders are asking for protection after the Muslim attackers continued burning churches even after the federal police were sent to the town.

The Muslims started the attacks yesterday after falsely accusing the Christians of desecrating the Qur’an. More than ten thousand Muslims shouted “Allah Akbar” (Allah is great) as they burned down five evangelical churches. The government sent the federal police force to protect the Christians after the Muslims burned down the first three churches. The Muslims overwhelmed the police force and burned down two more churches today.

Speaking with ICC, Christian leaders expressed their fear that Muslims will start killing the Christians unless the government sends more security forces to contain the Muslim attackers.

Update: Ethiopian Muslims Kill Christian, Burn More Churches and Christian Homes in Ongoing Attacks

Washington, D.C. (March 4, 2011)–International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that today Muslims killed one Christian, burned down another eight churches, a bible school, and 17 Christian homes in stepping up their attacks against Christians in Asendabo, Ethiopia.

Please contact your Congressional Representatives at http://www.house.gov/  and ask them to put pressure on Ethiopia to protect the Christians.

Ethiopian Embassies:

USA (202) 364-1200, Canada 416 482 6637, Germany 493077206, UK 020 78383897/020 7838 3898
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:56:39 PM by sainthieu » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 12:17:34 AM »

Ah, the religion of peace strikes again.

Lord have mercy!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
vasily
Warned

Jurisdiction: Orthodox church in america

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »

Islam is peaceful, only when everybody is a Muslim. It never ceases to amaze me, that western intellectuals and their liberal counterparts brush this off as a fanatical minority within Islam. Anyone who reads the history of Islam, knows this has been an ongoing process, Islamization, to submit the world to Islam.
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »

I tried to source this, but the only confirmations were repeats from the same evangelical news sources. Frankly, I don't trust them as they have an underlying political agenda in the USA. I suspect that evangelical missionaries are welcomed by neither the native Ethiopian Orthodox Christians nor the Muslims.
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:33:52 PM »

Try the Assyrian National News Agency.

As a matter of fact, there's a serious pogrom against Christians going on in the middle east. The mainstream news outlets will not say a word against the Islamists; it doesn't fit their narrative, so they don't really cover it.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »

I pray that God will protect Ethiopia from the heresies of Islam and Evangelicalism. And I pray for peace everywhere. Regardless of what I think about Evangelicalism or Islam, I hate to hear about anyone being persecuted and killed because of their beliefs.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 03:13:30 AM »

These sorts of things happen from time to time, but they seem to be getting worse in recent years :-/.

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 03:39:02 AM »

Elohim YHWH have mercy on Christians and deal with the demoniac Muslims in the same way as He had dealt with Elijah's enemies and Baal's false prophets. Amen.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48:00 AM »

Elohim YHWH have mercy on Christians and deal with the demoniac Muslims in the same way as He had dealt with Elijah's enemies and Baal's false prophets. Amen.

That seems like a kind of demented prayer.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 03:49:34 AM »

Let us pray that Our Lord has mercy on all people. It is better that we pray for their salvation, so that they would cease their persecutions both against Christians and against their own souls. They will never conquer Christ, His Cross, or His Church; but they may indeed be saved by that which they seek to persecute. As the Light of Christ blinded and purified Saul, may it purge the demons from Ethiopia and illumine the hearts and minds of heretics and pagans.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic > Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

My Son Aidan... :-)

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »

That seems like a kind of demented prayer.

I like to characterize it as Medieval Baby.

St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »

Instead of prayers, we are having demented comments and replies to my "demented" prayer now.  Roll Eyes

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 07:44:25 PM »

Evangelicals are up to no good over there. Keep them in Iowa.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: