OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 03:04:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is everyone reading?  (Read 359109 times) Average Rating: 5
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2655 on: October 22, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »

I want a recommended book list from Iconodule on Orthodoxy or anything in general. He's had some pretty nice recommendations recently that have grown my Christmas Wishlist.

Is Sherred Orthodox?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:07:02 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #2656 on: October 22, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »

I want a recommended book list from Iconodule on Orthodoxy or anything in general. He's had some pretty nice recommendations recently that have grown my Christmas Wishlist.

Is Sherred Orthodox?

Sherrard is Orthodox, yes. He was one of the three primary translators of the Philokalia into English. He also translated a lot of modern Greek poetry. He had ties to the "traditionalist" school of thought (represented by Guenon et al) but his conversion to Orthodoxy seems quite genuine.

One thing I noticed was that he seems to be believe that the act of creation was necessary to God, which seems to be contradictory to the general Patristic view. So (like anyone) he is not completely error-free.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #2657 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

Forgive my sins.
Rufus
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #2658 on: October 22, 2012, 10:11:05 PM »

Maximus Confessor: Selected Writings

Just be careful about brains exploding, &c.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2659 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

Is Sherred Orthodox?

Sherrard is Orthodox, yes. He was one of the three primary translators of the Philokalia into English. He also translated a lot of modern Greek poetry. He had ties to the "traditionalist" school of thought (represented by Guenon et al) but his conversion to Orthodoxy seems quite genuine.

One thing I noticed was that he seems to be believe that the act of creation was necessary to God, which seems to be contradictory to the general Patristic view. So (like anyone) he is not completely error-free.
Why wouldn't be necessary though? I mean isn't creation an act of love, and is God not love? So by that very love it was necessary for creation to happen?

Maybe that's his view, but I can sympathize with him.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2660 on: October 23, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »

RAVEN: The Untold Story of Jim Jones and His People
http://www.amazon.com/Raven-Untold-Story-Jones-People/dp/1585426784

A billiant and deeply disturbing portrait of politics, philosophical ideology, religion, psychology, and human nature. The author was a reporter that survived being shot as he and others tried to depart with Jonestown defectors. This is a very long book, but difficult to put down. It demonstrates the horrific ends that can result from the toxic mixture of politics and false religion.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2661 on: October 23, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »

One thing I noticed was that he seems to be believe that the act of creation was necessary to God....
Well, without a creation, there is no Creator.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Antonis
Prodigal
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #2662 on: October 24, 2012, 01:10:53 AM »

No Creator, but still God.

For peace in the whole world,
for the stability of the holy churches of God,
and for the unity of all,
let us pray to the Lord.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2663 on: October 25, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »

I am dropping everything now and I'm going to read Don Quixote. After reading a brief synopsis on the narration style, I am simply blown away. I hope I was not spoiled with how

*SPOILER*
Cervantes creates himself in the story
*END SPOILER*

But man, this sounds like a work of genius that everything must wait until I read it. Trying to find the best translation cause you know, me no leer en espanol
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:02:47 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #2664 on: October 25, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »

May your windmills fall fast and steady!

Optimist: Throw enough ideas at the wall and one is bound to stick.
Pessimist: Throw enough poo at the wall and the room is bound to stink.
Realist: You don't really need to throw things at walls to solve problems.
Ashman618
High Elder

Faith: Ukranian catholic
Jurisdiction: Philadelphia

« Reply #2665 on: October 25, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »

Athanasius the life of Anthony and the letter to Marcellinus
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2666 on: October 26, 2012, 02:34:55 AM »

Ormsby or Starkie as the translators?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2667 on: October 26, 2012, 03:06:38 AM »

Nevermind I think I'm going to settle with Edith Grossman's. Read the first chapter now and it's beautiful in its prose, much better than the Raffel translation by comparison.

I hate how there isn't really a definitive version of it, sure it's not possible, but I'm not a fan of reading multiple translations. Just give me the best one possible.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2668 on: October 26, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »

I've read the prologue 3 times now. I love how Cervantes is self depricating himself and trying anything he can to not show as being pretentious. Also how he doesnt want to make a standard prologue but does so anyway. And the sonnet without the end syllable was hilarious. Ready to start chapter 1. I'm disappointed Grossman didn't use buckler but used "ancient shield" eh I guess it works lol.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:43:10 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2669 on: October 27, 2012, 04:18:26 AM »

I'm going to a Motel 6 tomorrow to be knighted. This first part is hilarious. The giants turned into windmills!

EDIT: btw those sonnets in the prologue are just gorgeously rendered. I liked to recite them outloud.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:42:44 AM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2670 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55:52 PM »

Wow. I mean don't get me wrong this book is funny, but what just happened to the Don is really tragic. Knight of the Sorry Face, I mean that's funny but in light of what happened with the herdsmen, man...

I ended up buying the Rutherford translation now and picked up where I left off from the Grossman one. I just couldn't stand it when Sancho kept saying "your graces" over and over again. I don't even see that rendered in other translations. And her syntax is awful, just how she wrote the dialogue and she could benefit from using alot of commas.

Rutherford seems good so far, except some words are a little jarring. Like bachelor.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:56:24 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2671 on: October 31, 2012, 02:36:08 AM »

Ok I think I was too harsh on Grossman. However I still prefer Rutherfords dialogue which is very fluid. Grossman tries to have beautiful prose but at the expense of her syntax.

I was hoping someone from OC.net would recommend a great translation but has nobody else read it? In an odd way it has strengthened my faith (even though I don't suffer from any doubts)

– St. Ambrose of Milan
W.A.Mozart
Elder

Faith: Orthodox christian
Jurisdiction: Eschaton

Lazare, veni foras!

« Reply #2672 on: November 02, 2012, 04:48:33 AM »

completely new, especially not yet used
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #2673 on: November 02, 2012, 04:52:58 AM »

Morocco: From Empire to Independence by. C.R. Pennell
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #2674 on: November 03, 2012, 03:48:24 AM »

The Law of God by Serafim Slobodskoy.
Gamliel
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #2675 on: November 03, 2012, 12:18:10 PM »

The Law of God by Serafim Slobodskoy.
Looks like an interesting book.  How do you like it?
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

St. Severus of Antioch, Crown of the Syrians

Partisangirl
« Reply #2676 on: November 03, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »

The Gospels
St. Ignatius' Epistles
St. Polycarp's Epistle and Martyrdom
St. Paul's Epistles to the Romans
Fr. Shenouda Maher on the Original Sin
The Confessions of St. Augustine
The Divine Comedy

In solidarity with the "Nasara" (i.e. Christians) of Iraq & Syria

On hiatus from posting. PM me if you wish to contact me. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact

NOTE: Some of my older posts may not reflect my current views
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

St. Severus of Antioch, Crown of the Syrians

Partisangirl
« Reply #2677 on: November 03, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »

-Gospel of St John
-"Assassination Vacation"
-St Cyril of Alexandria's "On the Unity of Christ"
-Will be starting "Unseen Warfare"

High School Sweethearts a little daunting at the moment?
"Assassination Vacation" isn't too bad, fwiw.

In solidarity with the "Nasara" (i.e. Christians) of Iraq & Syria

On hiatus from posting. PM me if you wish to contact me. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact

NOTE: Some of my older posts may not reflect my current views
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #2678 on: November 03, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »

The Gospels
St. Ignatius' Epistles
St. Polycarp's Epistle and Martyrdom
St. Paul's Epistles to the Romans
Fr. Shenouda Maher on the Original Sin
The Confessions of St. Augustine
The Divine Comedy

I like them. I only don't know Fr. Shenouda's work.

On a temporary/semi-permanent/permanent vacation from OC.net.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #2679 on: November 03, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »

On Becoming A Person by Carl Rogers

*Cue a critic by Orthonorm*

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2680 on: November 11, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »

The Russian Cosmists: The Esoteric Futurism of Nikolai Federov and His Followers

"Suppressed during the Soviet period and little noticed in the West, the ideas of the Cosmists have in recent decades been rediscovered and embraced by many Russian intellectuals and are now recognized as essential to a native Russian cultural and intellectual tradition. Although they were scientists, theologians, and philosophers, the Cosmists addressed topics traditionally confined to occult and esoteric literature. Major themes include the indefinite extension of the human life span to establish universal immortality; the restoration of life to the dead; the reconstitution of the human organism to enable future generations to live beyond earth; the regulation of nature to bring all manifestations of blind natural force under rational human control; the transition of our biosphere into a "noosphere," with a sheath of mental activity surrounding the planet; the effect of cosmic rays and currently unrecognized particles of energy on human history; practical steps toward the reversal and eventual human control over the flow of time; and the virtues of human androgyny, autotrophy, and invisibility."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:45:29 AM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #2681 on: November 11, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »

The Russian Cosmists: The Esoteric Futurism of Nikolai Federov and His Followers

"Suppressed during the Soviet period and little noticed in the West, the ideas of the Cosmists have in recent decades been rediscovered and embraced by many Russian intellectuals and are now recognized as essential to a native Russian cultural and intellectual tradition. Although they were scientists, theologians, and philosophers, the Cosmists addressed topics traditionally confined to occult and esoteric literature. Major themes include the indefinite extension of the human life span to establish universal immortality; the restoration of life to the dead; the reconstitution of the human organism to enable future generations to live beyond earth; the regulation of nature to bring all manifestations of blind natural force under rational human control; the transition of our biosphere into a "noosphere," with a sheath of mental activity surrounding the planet; the effect of cosmic rays and currently unrecognized particles of energy on human history; practical steps toward the reversal and eventual human control over the flow of time; and the virtues of human androgyny, autotrophy, and invisibility."

They sound like proto-Extropians.

Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2682 on: November 11, 2012, 10:47:29 AM »

They sound like proto-Extropians.
I think Teilhard was influenced by the Cosmists.

"To Fedorov and most of the religious Cosmists (Solovyov the exception), Catholicism stands for unity without freedom, Protestantism for freedom without unity, and Orthodoxy for sobornost', the synthesis of freedom and unity, wholeness, communality, spiritual consensus" (p. 35).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:50:44 AM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #2683 on: November 12, 2012, 04:54:36 AM »

Our priest gave me a book yesterday 'The Saint of the Prisons' about Valeriu Gafencu, who was imprisoned under the Communists in Aiud and then Pitești (famous for the brainwashing experiments) before eventually dying in Târgu Ocna. I've only read the first couple of chapters so far but it's very interesting, particularly because it contains extracts from his own letters as well as testimonies from those who knew him in prison.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #2684 on: November 12, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »

Sharpe's Tiger.  I've read them all once.  Starting again.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #2685 on: November 12, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »

Good choice.  I just got the latest Bernard Cornwell novel, 'Death of Kings'  from his Saxon Chronicles series from the library and am looking forward to delving into it soon.  I just finished plodding through Elizabeth Kostova's "The Swan Thieves" and am now reading "The Murder Room: The Heirs of Sherlock Holmes Gather to Solve the World's Most Perplexing Cold Cases" by Michael Capuzzo which his, thankfully, a quick read so I can get started on that latest adventures of Uhtred!

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #2686 on: November 12, 2012, 01:04:46 PM »

Good choice.  I just got the latest Bernard Cornwell novel, 'Death of Kings'  from his Saxon Chronicles series from the library and am looking forward to delving into it soon.  I just finished plodding through Elizabeth Kostova's "The Swan Thieves" and am now reading "The Murder Room: The Heirs of Sherlock Holmes Gather to Solve the World's Most Perplexing Cold Cases" by Michael Capuzzo which his, thankfully, a quick read so I can get started on that latest adventures of Uhtred!

I read his four Civil War books and was kind of sad that he didn't go past Sharpsburg.  I read Agincourt and loved it but didn't get far into the other-English-Longbowman-looks-for-the-Grail series.  He is a very good author so if I get the chance I will look into his Arthur/Dark Ages stories.  I love the Sharpe series even though you have the whole Sharpe always wins, kills the bad guy, gets the girl thing, he does vary it up and while you know Sharpe will always come out on top he does get some major setbacks and loses many friends along the way...just not Harper.  he always lives as well!
Gamliel
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #2687 on: November 16, 2012, 01:36:13 AM »

Daily Life in the Byzantine Empire / Marcus Rautman
Tommelomsky
Elder

Faith: Russian-Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #2688 on: November 17, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »

The Orthodox Way (in danish) by Bishop Kallistos Ware.

The meaning of life is to acquire the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

+ Glory be to God for all things! +
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #2689 on: November 17, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »

It doesn't exist in norwegian?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #2690 on: November 17, 2012, 05:50:30 PM »

Not that i know of. Danish is ok, even if there are some words I cannot understand.

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #2691 on: November 17, 2012, 06:27:31 PM »

Not that i know of. Danish is ok, even if there are some words I cannot understand.
That's funny, because we get most of our orthodox litterature from Norway.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #2692 on: November 17, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »

Interesting. We have a label here that publishes orthodox writings and think i will contact the priest that runs things when it comes to orthodox books.

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Frederic

Faith: Roman Catholicism > Eastern Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Antioch

St Frederick of Utrecht

« Reply #2693 on: November 20, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

John of Damascus: Writings on Islam, The Orthodox Faith, Homilies on the Nativity and the Dormition of the Theotokos
Eusebius of Cæsarea: Ecclesiastical History

«One cannot understand the least thing about modern civilization if one does not first realize that it is a universal conspiracy to destroy the inner life.» (George Bernanos)
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #2694 on: November 20, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »

Finished reading most of Atheist Delusions, by David Bentley Hart. What a writer! However, I kind of skipped over much of the history in the middle. But I own it, so I can go back to it if I want to later.

Just started reading a Kindle sample of Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion, and Naturalism, by Alvin Platinga. Seems really interesting.

Has anyone here read it? Is it worth a read?

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #2695 on: November 20, 2012, 07:08:20 PM »

Miss Emily's Fire by Archbishop Chrysostomos

I've long been an admirer of Emily Dickinson, so I was excited to see that an Orthodox (albeit schismatic) bishop had published an essay examining how her poetry aligns with Orthodox spirituality. I was hoping that a man knowledgeable in Orthodoxy might be able to unlock some of the more esoteric language in Dickinson's work from a fresh angle. Unfortunately, about half of this very short book is taken up with biographical details and general scholarly information that could be easily found elsewhere, and which was largely unnecessary to the author's purpose. What remains is an analysis of a very small portion of Dickinson's work which is rather vague and inconclusive. The book only cost me $5 but I think +Chrysostomos should have just put the thing for free online if this was all he could come up with.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:08:52 PM by Iconodule » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2696 on: November 20, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »

So I got to the controversial section regarding Sancho's donkey and wow Grossman, IMO, made a mistake of not including what happened with Giles. It does not flow at all, and sure she adds footnotes but it doesn't work. Her methodology was criticszed by Tom Lathrop only using one source, the Riquer, and assuming that is the one to base it on. When the first edition was printed I am told only 70 copies survived. The subsequent editions suffer from editors correcting intentional mistakes and even inserting texts thinking they were more clever than Cervantes.

Nonetheless I think Lathrop makes a great argument in regards to the translation and how difficult it is because the book is so controversial.

I just ordered the Lathrop edition (that makes 3 translations I have) but too bad the illustrations from Jack Davis is out of print.

I don't think I could stand Grossman's translation any longer.

All this work I might as well learn Spanish.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2697 on: November 20, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »

Finished reading most of Atheist Delusions, by David Bentley Hart. What a writer! However, I kind of skipped over much of the history in the middle. But I own it, so I can go back to it if I want to later.

Just started reading a Kindle sample of Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion, and Naturalism, by Alvin Platinga. Seems really interesting.

Has anyone here read it? Is it worth a read?

I like Platinga alot, great theologian. Hart is awesome and thankfully does not engage in alot of sophistry. orthonormie would cringe at that atheist book however.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
neon_knights
High Elder

Faith: Christian

My political hero.

« Reply #2698 on: November 20, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »

Just picked up A Game of Thrones again after a long hiatus.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #2699 on: November 21, 2012, 04:33:47 AM »

Just picked up A Game of Thrones again after a long hiatus.
I have actually never read that.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tags: book reading 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: