OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 07:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is everyone reading?  (Read 381242 times) Average Rating: 5
montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2006, 07:43:02 PM »

SMARTASS!!!  Wink
This little black duck thinks sometimes I do act a smartarse (maybe too many times).

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
tha thu lan de na gràsan;
Tha an Tighearna maille riut.
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »

Kryssotomos

Oh! you are RC. Now I understand.

I find that all the RC's I have ever met to date (now including you) are very, very liberal about the faith in Christ and fasting is non-existent.

I find it unfortunate that so many RC's believe in all kinds of things. Things which are not even related to the teachings of the RCC. Observing this I can understand why the Orthodox fathers stress care in what the faithful read and experience.

I hope one day you will understand that it is not good to read, listen to, or watch anything you want if you are trying to be committed to a faithful life in Christ. As one Holy Father noted 'some things are not worth knowing.....avoid glib and profane curiosity'.

As I know you have heard 'curiosity killed the cat'.

Enjoy your reading.

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »

Got three more books today (for my B-day), which I'll probably start tonight:

Basic Writings of Kant
Critique of Religion and Philosophy, Walter Kaufmann
Atheism: A Reader, S.T. Joshi
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 08:16:45 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2006, 10:04:21 PM »

Got three more books today (for my B-day), which I'll probably start tonight:

Basic Writings of Kant
Critique of Religion and Philosophy, Walter Kaufmann
Atheism: A Reader, S.T. Joshi
I think I'd rather wait till the film came out. Smiley

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
tha thu lan de na gràsan;
Tha an Tighearna maille riut.
The Wolf

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2006, 02:55:37 AM »

Kryssotomos

I find that all the RC's I have ever met to date (now including you) are very, very liberal about the faith in Christ and fasting is non-existent.

I find it unfortunate that so many RC's believe in all kinds of things. Things which are not even related to the teachings of the RCC. Observing this I can understand why the Orthodox fathers stress care in what the faithful read and experience.

I hope one day you will understand that it is not good to read, listen to, or watch anything you want if you are trying to be committed to a faithful life in Christ. As one Holy Father noted 'some things are not worth knowing.....avoid glib and profane curiosity'.

Enjoy your reading.

Well that all sound very negative, judgmental, and closed minded, if you don't mind me saying so.
However I will say "if you keep your mind too open your brain is in danger of falling out!"

Hamlet: 2. 2.Use every man after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?

Euripides: Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
Amdetsion
High Elder

« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2006, 01:08:13 AM »

Kryssotomos

You are right on two points.

First my mind is "closed" to Christ.
The teachings of Christ are pure truth to me. I will not (intentionally) read, listen, or watch anything I believe is designed to challenge the truth of God and His Holy Church such as Di Vinci Code and other types of pseudo spiritual an new age type propaganda.

Second I was a rather harsh but only because I am so disappointed when I experience the behavior I described from people. I was speaking out of frustration...my apologies. I can not understand why Christian people can not See that the faith in Christ is under attack. The biggest enemy is complacency, boredom then curiosity...soon Christ was the only truth then out of nowhere...Buddha is also truth. Remember Our God says he is a jealous God. His truth is the final truth with His true believers.

I thus agree that its too much openness of mind that has caused people to loose much.

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2006, 12:26:14 PM »

I think I'd rather wait till the film came out.

Yeah, I can see it now...  The Life and Times of Kant! He lived his life in the clouds of a towering intellect, until one day it all came crashing down around him in skepticism. But then--aha!--he found the path to enlightenment, and his skepticism vanished before a philosophical argumentation in favor of theism that was to influence the western world forevermore. Starring Michael Richards as Immanuel Kant.

DavidH
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »

I have just begun "Three Views on Eastern Orthodoxy and Evangelicalism" published by Zondervan. It is written in  a point-counterpoint format by both Orthodox and Evangelicals trying to explore how close/ different the two essentially are. Very interesting read as both sides are respectful to each other without watering down their own convictions.

aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2006, 08:40:28 AM »

did not know that the dalai lama was any interest to an Orthodox Christian; since of Orthodox Christians are followers of Christ.

I am not going to start a debate but I have found over the years that HH the Dalai Lama has some very wise observations on life to share. So does Thich Nhat Hanh.  If you want specifics, I can recommend any book that you may find in the library. ÂÂ

Oh, and I believer that His Holiness is the man's title, so it is proper to use it.  Or do yuou not call the Pope "Pope so and so the X?"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:45:44 AM by aurelia » Logged
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2006, 08:51:34 AM »

I am not going to start a debate but I have found over the years that HH the Dalai Lama has some very wise observations on life to share. So does Thich Nhat Hanh.  If you want specifics, I can recommend any book that you may find in the library. ÂÂ

Oh, and I believer that His Holiness is the man's title, so it is proper to use it.  Or do yuou not call the Pope "Pope so and so the X?"

So what if it's his self-attributed title? What if he wanted to call himself God?

I remember on the Dr. Phil show a couple of years ago, Dr. Phil was interviewing the leader of the Railean (sp?) cult (he's the guy who believes Jesus and Muhammed etc. were aliens and that he met them on some spaceship or some crap like that). He also attributed the title "His Holiness" to himself, and demanded that Dr. Phil address him in that way. After a minor dispute Dr. Phil gave in just for the sake of allowing the discussion to continue.

Would you address that guy as His Holiness? How about Muhammed, would you grant him the title "The Prophet Muhammed"? Seriously, where do you draw the line?

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2006, 08:58:53 AM »

He didn't give himself the title, he inherited it.

You may want to read this since you seem to be confused.  You still didnt say whether you call the Pope the Pope.

His Holiness The Dalai Lama
From the official site of the Government Of Tibet In Exile. Provides a biography, bibliography, list of awards won, prayers, lectures and statements.

http://www.tibet.com/DL/index.html

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm reading The Sims2 OFB guide. Not exactly deep reading, but this pack has some really funky stuff!
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2006, 09:07:34 AM »

He didn't give himself the title, he inherited it.

That's really quite irrelevant. Whether he personally attributes it to himself, or whether his followers attribute it to him by virtue of his position within that cult, the fact remains that he is not worthy of such a title. Christ alone is Holy and He imparts that Holiness to His Church, hence the worthiness of Saints and Heirarchs of the Church bearing such a title.

You still didnt say whether you call the Pope the Pope.

Well putting aside the fact that the RC Church stole the title Pope from the Alexandrians, I woul probably say "RC Pope", which is alot more objective. Tell me, would you attribute the title "His Holiness" to the Pope? Don't all the Apostolic Churches, whether they be RC, OO, or EO qualify their Patriarchs/Popes with "His Holiness" and their Bishops with "His Grace" or "His Eminence"?

Would you call our Coptic Pope "His Holiness Pope Shenouda III"? No, and I wouldn't really expect you to. Yet somehow Mr. Lama earns that title?

And you didn't answer my question as to whether you would address Muhammed as "The Prophet Muhammed".
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:10:31 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #282 on: April 17, 2006, 09:29:57 AM »

I'm currently reading my two shelves of cookbooks desperately trying to find recipes for marinades for lamb on the spit, cheese and spinach pie, tsoureki, taramosalata etc etc. I have close to a 60 people arriving next weekend for "an authentic mountain Greek Pascha" (as the invitation said) and I haven't even started cleaning yet. Had all good intentions though.......

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #283 on: April 17, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »

Have you checked online? There are quite a few sites with tons of traditional Greek recipies, just sifting through the variations is the hard part! ("my yia yia used this, my auntie used that, my mother swears that you shoudld add a pinch of the other" that sort of thing, lol!)  I love to read cookbooks, except it makes me hungry!  Here's a link for you if you like, though I only just found it and haven't tried any yet.

http://www.enostos.net/recipes/
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #284 on: April 17, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »

Have you checked online? There are quite a few sites with tons of traditional Greek recipies, just sifting through the variations is the hard part! ("my yia yia used this, my auntie used that, my mother swears that you shoudld add a pinch of the other" that sort of thing, lol!)  I love to read cookbooks, except it makes me hungry!  Here's a link for you if you like, though I only just found it and haven't tried any yet.

http://www.enostos.net/recipes/

Thanks for that! There's also a very kind experienced lamb-roasting poster who pm'ed me with a marinade suggestion. And if I tell you what it is, you'll probably work out who sent it.....
hint: the marinade is beer.

Amdetsion
High Elder

« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2006, 12:26:09 PM »

EkristosAnesti

Very good!

Considering the views you have been posting...I suggest not to continue trying the matter with Aurelia (I hope I spelled that right). She has a right to her own view and how she sees and respects other.

You have however defended and made an excellent and unarguable case for Christ' Church which is Holy, Universal and Orthodox.

"mr. lama" (perfect for him) has NO spiritual authority or power; he is a pagan and a heathen and thus regardless of what he has as an "official" title he is not worthy of HH particular from an Orthodox Christian. The HH would make him equal with our Church fathers...AND HE IS NOT!!!

Orthodox Christians do not use this title with anyone or for anyone unless he is an appropriately elevated "Christian"  Orthodox father of the Holy Universal Church. This still  includes the Roman See.

I am only repeating what you have already said (I know). I just wanted to add some emphasis.

I do not mean to offend but it is hard for people who are outside of sound Orthodox up bringing to understand certain issues. We must give people a chance to learn.

May The Lord Bless HH Pope Shenouda III, Patriarch of Alexandria and the the See or St. Mark and all the Orthodox Bishops, Priest and Deacons.

So what are you reading or have read during the great lent?

I am on my second book written by HH Pope Shenouda

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »

Last week, I was reading Joyce's "Araby" and Woolf's "A Room of One's Own" for my college class.  I'll have to check what this week's assignment is.  (Not that *that* was all I was reading.  Grin)

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
The Wolf

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2006, 05:54:41 PM »

I've finished the last few books I was reading and have now gone onto.
Joseph Conrad's "Nostromo" and Roger Scruton's "The meaning of Conservatism"
Have you read them?

Hamlet: 2. 2.Use every man after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?

Euripides: Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
Krysostomos

Faith: catholic christian
Jurisdiction: Roman patriarchate

very eastern minded ...

« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2006, 06:18:16 AM »

Kryssotomos

Well, one catholic nun here in Finland once read a book by metropolitan Anthony. He discussed the book with her parish priest, who warned her: "Remember it´s orthodox theology!" The sister still dares to read orthodox books. So do I - and many others, too.
Back to the topic ! Now I´m reading "The difference of the nature philosophy of Demoktitos and Epikuros" by Dr. Karl Marx, that was tranlated to Finnish last year about 150 years after Mr. Marx wrote it...

"You may say I am a dreamer. But I am not the only one." John Lennon
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »

Just picked up An Essay Concerning Human Understanding by John Locke. It was less than $10 at Barnes and Noble... that has to be a first (for things not on the bargain shelves) Smiley  Also got the third season of News Radio... not that one would read News Radio, but hey, I'm just sayin'...

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 09:59:19 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #290 on: April 25, 2006, 11:02:46 PM »

I just got my copy of Thomas Cutler's The Battle of Leyte Gulf supposed to be an excellent objective history of the battle, accompanied by an in depth tactical analysis...can't wait to dig in. Though I'm only about half way through my copy of Robert Tanner's Stonewall in the Valley, which, while being THE definitive work on the '62 Shenandoah Campaign, is an amazingly engaging and entertaining read with excellent and insightful strategic, tactical, logistic, and operational analysis...highly recommended.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2006, 06:05:05 AM »

I must be the only 39 year old modern Christian who hadn't read "The Screwtape Letters". My copy arrived and I couldn't put it down! Had an "Agripnia" ("All-night Vigil") of reading it last night! Excellent!

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2006, 02:58:18 PM »

I must be the only 39 year old modern Christian who hadn't read "The Screwtape Letters". My copy arrived and I couldn't put it down! Had an "Agripnia" ("All-night Vigil") of reading it last night! Excellent!

I'm shocked I tell you, SHOCKED!!!

Grin

I"m glad you found it and like it.  Lewis has some very good and insightful things to say.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2006, 03:01:23 PM »

Last week for class I read 2 short stories by D. H. Lawrence ("Odour of Chrysanthemums" and "Horse Dealer's Daughter") and Eliot's "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock".  This week it's one by V. S. Naipaul and 2 by Katherine Mansfield.  

I also got an interesting paperback on the Australian guerilla warfare against the Japanese in WWII "Ring of Fire"  

Ebor

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2006, 09:00:22 AM »

Today I picked up "Debrett's New Guide to Etiquette & Modern Manners" (which, by the way, I've never opened before) to settle an argument with a friend about the etiquette of breastfeeding in public. The relevant paragraph began:
"It is bad manners to expel any liquid from any orifice in public, and breast-feeding is no different."
When I finally stopped laughing and wiped the tears from my eyes, I decided to start reading it from cover to cover- if for nothing else but the entertainment value!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:15:34 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2006, 02:35:43 PM »

Today I picked up "Debrett's New Guide to Etiquette & Modern Manners" (which, by the way, I've never opened before) to settle an argument with a friend about the etiquette of breastfeeding in public. The relevant paragraph began:
"It is bad manners to expel any liquid from any orifice in public, and breast-feeding is no different."
When I finally stopped laughing and wiped the tears from my eyes, I decided to start reading it from cover to cover- if for nothing else but the entertainment value!

Cheesy Cheesy

That *is* an interesting way of phrasing things....

Ebor

Tsarina

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Anastasia Royal-Martyr

« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2006, 02:38:11 PM »

I recently just finished reading a book about Papa Nicholas Planas [a Greek saint from Athens]. I'm planning on starting a book called "Elder Ambrose of Optina" By Fr. Sergius Chetveriskov.

"Orthodoxy is life; one cannot talk about it, one must live it."

St. Nectary of Optina
cradle east

« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2006, 03:14:18 PM »

I recently started reading Orthodox Synthesis: The Unity of Theological Thought from SVS Press.  A great read thus far.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #298 on: May 09, 2006, 02:15:25 AM »

I just finished The Lord of the Rings during Bright Week, so now I've started reading The Arena by St. Ignatius Brianchaninov.
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2006, 08:48:55 AM »

Mrs Piggle Wiggle. I needed something light.  Grin
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »

Good old Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle and her cures.  Smiley

We finished the two Katherine Mansfield stories and one by V. S. Naipaul for class.  Both very good writers.  Now I have to finish my last essay and a short piece looking at the class and the semester.

Ebor

orth_christian2000

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese in Canada

He must increase, I must decrease...

« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2006, 12:15:30 PM »

I just finished reading Sotos Chondropoulos' book on St. Nektarios, and I am just now delving into Jonathan Phillips' historical read, "The Fourth Crusade and the Sack of Constantinople". 

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner
ωραία ελληνίς

« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2006, 04:41:25 AM »

Ο Αόρατος Πόλεμος-The Invisible War of Saint Nicodemus the Athonite
Tsarina

« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2006, 06:58:20 PM »

I am now reading the book called "The Orthodox Way" by Bishop Kallistos Ware, again.

St. Nectary of Optina
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »

I was clearing out a box and found "Montana- The Gold Frontier" by Dan Cushman.  So that's one of my reading books now, along with "Lud in the Mist" by Mirrlees, and the Waley translation of "The Tale of Genji" and biographies of George IV of England and George Burns the comedian and a Neil Gaiman book. (Can you tell I went to the library this week?  Grin )

Ebor

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »

Oh yes, and "The Reluctant Admiral" about Admiral Yamamoto in WWII

Ebor

chrisc

« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2006, 08:51:11 PM »

The Imitation of Christ, The Way of a Pilgrim and The Philokalia, Volume 2 - for the second time.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2006, 05:58:33 PM »

"The Last Shogun" by Ryotaro Shiba.  A biography/study of the last of the Tokugawa shoguns who *peacefully* gave way to the Meiji Restoration (and ending up living to a quiet old age)

Ebor

aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2006, 04:56:55 PM »

oooh, that sounds right up my alley, Ebor, I'll have to try and find a copy.
Carpatho Russian
Site Supporter
Elder

Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!

« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2006, 09:00:48 PM »

I just finished reading N.T. Wright's The New Testament and the People of God.  I'm looking forward to reading Vol. 2, Jesus and the Victory of God.  I'm slowly making my way through Pavel Florensky's The Pillar and Ground of the Truth.  And for fun, I'm reading Donna Leon's Commissario Giudo Brunetti's detective mysteries.

Zastupnice christianov nepostydnaja, chodatajice ko Tvorcu nepreložnaja, ne prezri hr’išnych molenij hlasy, popredvari jako blahaja na pomošč nas, virno vopijuščich ti: Uskori na molitvu, i potščisja na umolenije, zastupajušči prisno Bohorodice, čtuščich t’a.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2006, 10:19:02 PM »

oooh, that sounds right up my alley, Ebor, I'll have to try and find a copy.

If you are interested in Japan, I can recommend some excellent books.  What interests you in particular?  History?  Modern?  Social?

Ebor

grov
George

OC.net

« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2006, 05:10:27 PM »

Sorry if this has already been discussed... but what about AudioBooks?

Any recommendations that are relevant to the Faith?  I have a 2 hour commute every day.

I already grabbed the Tolstoy and Dostoevsky books on tape that I've found.

Thanks,
George
Tsarina

« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2006, 07:27:39 PM »

I'm currently reading a book called called "Shepherd of Souls"- The Life and Teachings of Elder Celopa. Elder Celopa is said to be the master of Inner Prayer and Spiritual Father of Romania (1912-1998). This book is by Archimandrite Ioanichie Balan, awesome stuff in this book! I reccomend it to everyone. Grin

St. Nectary of Optina
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

Currently reading "Ambassador Morgenthau's Story" by Henry Morgenthau. Henry Morganthau was the US Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire from 1913-1916. His book is a harrowing first hand account of the Armenian genocide.

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2006, 09:44:30 PM »

Currently reading "Ambassador Morgenthau's Story" by Henry Morgenthau. Henry Morganthau was the US Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire from 1913-1916. His book is a harrowing first hand account of the Armenian genocide.

What genocide??? Turks say we Greeks and Armenians made it up...hmmm...Morgenthau doesn't sound like an Armenian name.  Wink Could it be true  Shocked.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags: book reading 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: