Author Topic: What is everyone reading?  (Read 1063122 times)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: What is everyone reading?
« Reply #5445 on: September 26, 2017, 09:21:33 PM »
Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Continuum: Q-Space

How could a book about the Q continuum be bad? Guess I might find out... (hopefully not)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5446 on: September 26, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »
Tesla: Inventor of the Electrical Age by W. Bernard Carlson
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Genesis (in Chap 1 currently)

Still working on Tesla.
Finished RPO and Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace Revisited" and am now working on Dante's Divine Comedy
Made it through the books of the Law, and am now starting Joshua.
I don't typically presume to speak for Mor
You can presume to speak for Mor.  

How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #5447 on: September 28, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »
On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society -  Dave Grossman

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #5448 on: September 29, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »
Fixing myself another reading list based on this article. Only familiar with 9 of them so far.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #5449 on: September 29, 2017, 11:56:24 AM »
Haven't been able to read much lately. Been working on a writing project, which has really been draining me.

Hoping to get back to "Sidney Chambers and the Shadow of Death" at some point.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #5450 on: October 01, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »
I just picked up Fr Maximos' translation of the Ambigua, volume 1.
Have you had a chance to start reading this yet?
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #5451 on: October 01, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »
No, it's about third or fourth in line at the moment
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline MrRightReverend2u

• Corporation Sole, Georgia Statute of 1758
  • now it is permitted to overstand the mysteries
    • Universal Orthodox
  • Faith: Apostolic Succession Archbisho
  • Jurisdiction: Georgia & Jamaica
« Reply #5452 on: October 01, 2017, 08:00:49 PM »
AD 381 by Charles Freeman. Enlightening expose on the Synod of Bishops that added to the Nicean Creed.
Mr. Right Reverend Gregory Karl Davis

Offline thenerdpaul

• Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #5453 on: October 01, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »
Wrapping up the second chapter of Adrian Goldsworthy's Caesar: Life of a Colossus.
I have now seen two baby spiders over the last several days, each perhaps 2mm long. Sure they're harmless now, but what about when they grow up? They probably know that I killed their mom.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #5454 on: October 02, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »
Barlaam the Calabrian: Three Treatises on Papal Primacy, intro/translation by Tia M. Kolbaba
Burn Notice: The Reformed, by Tod Goldberg

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5455 on: October 03, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
Finished "Orthodox Veneration of the Mother of God" by St. John Maximovitch. It was OK, I wouldn't recommend it. I did like the icons printed in the pages though.

Still reading Being as Communion (which is superb) and Orthodox Dogmatic Theology. Read a chapter from Fr Meyendorff's Byzantine Theology.

Just ordered the Analytical-Literal Translation of the NT by Gary F. Zeolla in paperback. It is an English translation of the Byzantine Majority Text. Very excited to start reading it, I was impressed by the scripture examples on his website. I wonder if anyone here has read this translation.

Lattimore's NT translation arrives in the mail today. I got a preview version of it on my phone yesterday and I really enjoyed his translation of Matthew.

Per Agabus' recommendation, ordered the Catholic Holy Bible Reader's Edition (NLT) and CSB Reader's Bible. I'd like to get an NABRE Bible in the future sometime and also the NETS.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:34:54 AM by RobS »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #5456 on: October 03, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
I probably have too many Bibles but I'm interested in the New Catholic Bible published by the Catholic Truth Society. It's the old Jerusalem Bible, but modified to use "LORD" instead of "Yahweh" in the Old Testament and has the Grail Psalms. The use of "Yahweh" was my main gripe with the old Jerusalem Bible which is otherwise quite beautiful.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:44:40 AM by Iconodule »
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5457 on: October 03, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
I probably have too many Bibles but I'm interested in the New Catholic Bible published by the Catholic Truth Society. It's the old Jerusalem Bible, but modified to use "LORD" instead of "Yahweh" in the Old Testament and has the Grail Psalms. The use of "Yahweh" was my main gripe with the old Jerusalem Bible which is otherwise quite beautiful.
LOL Iconodule don't tempt me with looking at another Bible! ;D Like you, I have way too many. Not really a bad thing though, it's helpful for serious study.

I don't care for the use of "Yahweh" either, but I am a fan of the Jerusalem Bible so I guess I'll add that to the Christmas wishlist.

BTW have you picked up any fairy tale compilations recently? Would love to get your recommendations. My priest was talking about some Russian fairy tales the other day and it got me curious. Honestly more interested in the good ol' traditional fairy tales I knew growing up as a kid.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #5458 on: October 03, 2017, 11:07:40 AM »
Afanasyev's book Russian Fairy Tales is where it's at. I don't think you'll find all of them radically different from Grimm's type tales, some in fact are variants of familiar Western (or even Eurasian) stories, such as the Twelve Dancing Princesses. Then there are the awesome tales of Baba Yaga, Koschei the Deathless, and Vasilissa the Brave.

For a more wide-ranging collection, there are Andrew Lang's fairy tale books, which are classics. They are mostly European but there's some stuff from the Arabian nights, China, and Japan.

Possibly my favorite fairy tale book would be Padraic Colum's The King of Ireland's Son.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:09:15 AM by Iconodule »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #5459 on: October 03, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »
Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Continuum: Q-Space

How could a book about the Q continuum be bad? Guess I might find out... (hopefully not)

This ended up being like 3/10. Meh.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #5460 on: October 05, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
I have about 15 Bibles. My most recent acquisitions were Portuguese-languages Protestant Bibles from the early XX century that looked just new, an Esperanto Bible and the Jerusalem Bible in French.

I also find the use of Yahweh in the JB strange, but they recommend themselves not saying it when reading aloud in the introduction, using "our Lord" instead IIRC. It's just a matter of strict formal equivalence, such as in Jehovah Young's Literal Translation. I'm not a big fan, though. At least of the Portuguese version.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:59:36 AM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5461 on: October 05, 2017, 09:59:25 PM »
I forgot I had DBH's New Testament translation pre-ordered, it arrived today.

Here's how he translates the Gospel according to St. John 1:1-5:

"In the origin there was the Logos, and the Logos was present with GOD, and the Logos was god; This one was present with GOD in the origin. All things came to be through him, and without him came to be not a single thing that has come to be. In him was life, and this life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not conquer it."

To be fair to DBH, he does offer a postcript to the prologue of St. John's Gospel (I'll post a picture of the first page below)

His translation of Matthew 6:5-6:

"And when you pray do not be like those who are playacting; for they love to pray while standing in the synagogues and on the corners of streets, so that they may be visible to men; I tell you truly, they have their recompense in full."

John 6:33:

"I have spoken these things to you so that you might have peace in me. In the cosmos you have suffering; but take heart - I have conquered the cosmos."

Matthew 9:11-13:

"And, seeing this, the Pharisees said to his disciples, 'Why does your teacher eat with tax-collectors and sinners?' But he heard them and said, 'The hale do not have need of a physician, but rather those who are ill. Go then and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice'; for I came to call not the upright, but sinners.'"

Romans 8:37-39:

"Rather, in all these things we more than conquer through the one who has loved us. For I have been persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor Archons nor things present nor things imminent nor Powers, Nor height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in the Anointed, Jesus our Lord."

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #5462 on: October 05, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »
Afanasyev's book Russian Fairy Tales is where it's at. I don't think you'll find all of them radically different from Grimm's type tales, some in fact are variants of familiar Western (or even Eurasian) stories, such as the Twelve Dancing Princesses. Then there are the awesome tales of Baba Yaga, Koschei the Deathless, and Vasilissa the Brave.

Used to have that book. Lost it in the basement flood before I could read it.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #5463 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »
Is DBH an annihlationist? Or is he just doing the "hope for apokastasis" shtick?
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5464 on: October 05, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »
Is DBH an annihlationist? Or is he just doing the "hope for apokastasis" shtick?

Here I uploaded the rest of the section, thought you might be interested:

https://imgur.com/a/efRVm

He talks about "annihlationist" in the 5th image, pg546.

Sorry if the photos are hard to read from.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #5465 on: October 05, 2017, 11:54:32 PM »
The Mind of the Orthodox Church / Hierotheos Vlachos; translated by Esther Williams

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5466 on: October 06, 2017, 09:27:09 AM »
Afanasyev's book Russian Fairy Tales is where it's at.
St. Hornets pray for us and swarm our bossesenemies!

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #5467 on: October 06, 2017, 09:30:10 AM »
Afanasyev's book Russian Fairy Tales is where it's at.
St. Hornets pray for us and swarm our bossesenemies!

Haha the foolish German, a favorite.

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #5468 on: October 06, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
To Rob S. reply#5461: These translations seem fine and scholarly. It seems like the gist of his translation is one of necessity but I do not see anything much different in these examples than I would from a New King James Version ( for ex.). I am not asking for other examples, i just do not see the radical Gospel jumping out at me here.
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #5469 on: October 06, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »
Friedman, R. E. (2003). The Bible with Sources Revealed: A New View into the Five Books of Moses. New York, New York: HarperSan Francisco.

The verses in the Five Books of Moses are color-coded, depending upon if the verse comes from the J, E, P, or D Source.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5470 on: October 06, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
i just do not see the radical Gospel jumping out at me here.
It's the sole reason I got his translation because I wanted him to render the Scriptures in a way that would clearly impose on the reader the radical nature of the Gospel. You've read his article Christ's Rabble, so I was looking forward to reading a more starkly forceful NT.

Like I said in that other thread, haven't read enough of it yet. Frankly I've been blown away by how good Lattimore's translation is that brings the NT to life and its immediacy in shaping me as a Christian, if that makes sense.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • No cocaine.
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #5471 on: October 06, 2017, 11:53:41 PM »
It's the sole reason I got his translation because I wanted him to render the Scriptures in a way that would clearly impose on the reader the radical nature of the Gospel. You've read his article Christ's Rabble, so I was looking forward to reading a more starkly forceful NT.
Not enough in any of the modern translations that you are falling far short of, or what? ;)
"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Guard your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil. Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few." - Ecclesiastes (NASB)

"Horses are animals." - Gebre Menfes Kidus

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5472 on: October 07, 2017, 12:33:57 AM »
Not enough in any of the modern translations that you are falling far short of, or what? ;)
Lol my main problem is I've grown apathetic towards the usual suspects (KJV, RSV, NIV, etc) cause I'm so familiar with them. It's difficult for me to notice the harshness of the Gospels. A fresh set of eyes translating the Scriptures might strike me enough to overcome a sense of banality. Or give interesting insights, makes you rethink your own assumptions on the most popular passages. Or it can change the way you read them.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • No cocaine.
« Reply #5473 on: October 07, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »
Lol my main problem is I've grown apathetic towards the usual suspects (KJV, RSV, NIV, etc) cause I'm so familiar with them. It's difficult for me to notice the harshness of the Gospels. A fresh set of eyes translating the Scriptures might strike me enough to overcome a sense of banality. Or give interesting insights, makes you rethink your own assumptions on the most popular passages. Or it can change the way you read them.
Ah, c'mon. You've achieved such a high level of theosis that none of the traditional texts are even a challenge. Just say so, already! :)

Here I am, following social media. (no offense to twitter.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:43:47 AM by mcarmichael »

"Guard your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil. Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few." - Ecclesiastes (NASB)

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5474 on: October 07, 2017, 07:04:45 PM »
My priest gave me the Old Orthodox prayer book, and ummm yeah there's a lot of bowing...

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #5475 on: October 07, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »
My priest gave me the Old Orthodox prayer book, and ummm yeah there's a lot of bowing...

Bowing is still beyond my physical capabilities.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • No cocaine.
« Reply #5476 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »
I was bowing before I started Orthodoxy. I suppose there is something very formal about it?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:20:42 PM by mcarmichael »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #5477 on: October 09, 2017, 09:04:00 PM »
After God: Richard Kearney and the Religious Turn in Continental Philosophy, ed. by Fr. John Panteleimon Manoussakis

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #5478 on: October 10, 2017, 12:29:13 AM »
Rock and sand : an orthodox appraisal of the Protestant reformers and their teachings / Very Reverend Fr. Josiah Trenham.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #5479 on: October 10, 2017, 06:37:09 AM »
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. My son is big into them, and it's a race for me to keep ahead of him. ;D
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #5480 on: October 10, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »
Kind of hard for me to admit this, but I'm actually reading through Lord of the Rings for the first time. About to finish Fellowship right now.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #5481 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:07 AM »
Hope you enjoy. They are my favorite books.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #5482 on: October 10, 2017, 09:21:44 PM »
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. My son is big into them, and it's a race for me to keep ahead of him. ;D

Good stuff. My children love those books.   :)

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #5483 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »
Kind of hard for me to admit this, but I'm actually reading through Lord of the Rings for the first time. About to finish Fellowship right now.

Some initial thoughts:

I love it. I should say I tried starting it in elementary school, but I was off-put by the amount of humor at the beginning. Yes, even in third grade I wanted only the grimmest reading. I was hoping LOTR would be very grim and I was disappointed. Having gone considerably further now, it makes more sense to me. I am generally not a fan of the concept of "comic relief" but Tolkien handles it better than most. It makes the grim bits all the grimmer, which is what I suppose comic relief is supposed to do.

This book would have a really hard time getting published today. It begins exceedingly slowly. I say that not as a strike against the book- I think the slow, comfortable, plodding beginning in the Shire sets a really good contrast for the terrifying journey ahead. But today's readers generally want snappy beginnings. Editors and agents are obsessed, it seems, with everything being in place in the first couple pages. Prologues are almost dogmatically rejected out of hand. I hope we can recover the virtue of patience and quiet beginnings.

As much as I love the Peter Jackson films, I think he makes some serious mis-steps. For one thing, he turns the comic relief aspect up to 11. Too many hobbit and dwarf jokes, too much dorky D&D dialogue ("They have a cave troll!"). Gandalf's explanation to Frodo regarding Bilbo's pity to Gollum is well done, but they leave out one important part- it was Bilbo's pity that saved not only Gollum, but Bilbo himself from being as susceptible to the Ring's evil influence as other folk. Also, the body of the Watcher in the Water should not have been revealed. It's much more unsettling not knowing what all those tentacles are connected to, in my opinion. Generally though Jackson covers the Mines of Moria scene very well- the pervading gloom and horror is well-conveyed.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:22:45 AM by Iconodule »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #5484 on: October 13, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
Human Knowledge According to Saint Maximus the Confessor, by Nevena Dimitrova

Offline thenerdpaul

« Reply #5485 on: October 13, 2017, 08:35:17 PM »
That's one of my favorite parts about the Old Orthodox Prayer Book.  ;D It's also a big reason why I started researching more about the Old Rite.
I have now seen two baby spiders over the last several days, each perhaps 2mm long. Sure they're harmless now, but what about when they grow up? They probably know that I killed their mom.

Offline thenerdpaul

« Reply #5486 on: October 13, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »
I am about half-way through Archpriest Avvakum: The Life Written By Himself published by the University of Michigan. (By half-way I mean half-way through the translation itself, not the editorial stuff which I'll get to afterwards). So far I am amazed, not only at the quality of the writing but also at the things Archpriest Avvakum and his family went through! What a sad life he had.  :-[
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:40:32 PM by thenerdpaul »

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #5487 on: October 13, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »
Marks, J. (2017). Is Science Racist? Cambridge, United Kingdom: Polity.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5488 on: October 14, 2017, 09:28:41 PM »
Pensees - Pascal. First time reading this and I am in love...

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #5489 on: October 14, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »
"The Distant Echo," Val McDermid