OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 08:31:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is everyone reading?  (Read 391230 times) Average Rating: 5
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #3240 on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »

Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin;

Grim, but masterful.

I'll be picking up A Feast for Crows as soon as the weather turns gloomy enough. Grin

Excellent series, albeit grim (as noted).

I want to read them again, but intend to wait until Martin wraps the series up. At the rate he completes books, I'm predicting 2025 or so...  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:59:32 AM by stavros_388 » Logged

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #3241 on: September 14, 2013, 11:37:52 AM »

The Little Book of Atheist Spirituality, by Andre Comte-Sponville

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #3242 on: September 14, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »

The Mind of the Middle Ages, Fredrick B. Artz, Third Edition, 1965

It starts at the Greco-Roman pre-Christ era, moves into the Patristic era, into the Byzantine, Islamic and "Roman" (Frankish) era.

It has a mention of Anselm of Canterbury and Social, Philosophical and Political ideas from 1000-1500 in the West.

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #3243 on: September 14, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »

Just finished 'The Hobbit' yesterday.  laugh

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #3244 on: September 14, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »

Atheist spirituality? Is that kind of like dry land swimming? Legless jogging? Silent music? Tongue Cheesy

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3245 on: September 14, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »

Atheist spirituality? Is that kind of like dry land swimming? Legless jogging? Silent music? Tongue Cheesy

Are you denying that atheists have spirits?  Are they ensouled at conception and desouled upon embracing atheism?  Tongue

Seriously though, I'm not sure I buy his distinctions between, and definitions of, religion and spirituality and such, but then I'm only 20 pages in...

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #3246 on: September 15, 2013, 02:31:04 AM »

Are you denying that atheists have spirits?  Are they ensouled at conception and desouled upon embracing atheism?  Tongue

Seriously though, I'm not sure I buy his distinctions between, and definitions of, religion and spirituality and such, but then I'm only 20 pages in...

I don't understand why some atheists want to be "spiritual". If existence is purely material, then surely they realize any ostensible spirituality is nothing more than a chemical reaction. I mean, there isn't really any such thing as love either. Love is only a chemical reaction. So it does seem that "spiritual atheism" is a bit of an oxymoron. This is why I suspect that most atheists aren't really atheists. They intuitively know - like all people - that there is more to the universe than matter. Either they are angry at God or they want no part of the false god that most religions have created. I can relate to both.

Let us know what the author of this book says about this. Sounds interesting.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #3247 on: September 15, 2013, 02:35:16 AM »

I don't understand why some atheists want to be "spiritual". If existence is purely material, then surely they realize any ostensible spirituality is nothing more than a chemical reaction. I mean, there isn't really any such thing as love either. Love is only a chemical reaction. So it does seem that "spiritual atheism" is a bit of an oxymoron. This is why I suspect that most atheists aren't really atheists. They intuitively know - like all people - that there is more to the universe than matter. Either they are angry at God or they want no part of the false god that most religions have created. I can relate to both.

Selam

I am not sure you understand the meaning of spiritual (which I can understand since it has the semantic value of &sf;j!2 pretty much) nor atheist.

Really, the post is fraught with false dichotomies.

The real problem for this board is why would any Christian want to be "spiritual". Christianity is arguably one of the most material religions ever, especially if you consider Orthodoxy.

Heck, even God is material for Christians.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #3248 on: September 15, 2013, 02:46:58 AM »

Selam

Christianity is arguably one of the most material religions ever, especially if you consider Orthodoxy.

Heck, even God is material for Christians.

I agree with you.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3249 on: September 16, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »

Christianity is arguably one of the most material religions ever
It took reading Hegel on Christianity to get that.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3250 on: September 18, 2013, 02:42:46 AM »

I'm about 50 pages in now. He seems to say that we should not "throw the baby out with the bathwater," that while he doesn't believe in God he nonetheless acknowledges that some people do and that this belief makes a positive impact on them. He does not believe that morals are derived from God or religion, but that religion has often played a central role in teaching people morals, and that regardless of whether you are an atheist or theist that spirituality has a role to play. Community is a big thing for him, and he sees it as more important than specific beliefs, even about God (though he acknowledges that many have the opposite approach).  He spends about 10 pages trying to drive this point home. One of his many examples/points was about a story (or maybe it was a joke) about two Jewish guys who stay up all night debating whether God existed. They finally decided that God did not exist, and then went to bed. The next morning one of the guys woke up and found the other guy praying, and asked him what he was doing, and hadn't they decided that God didn't exist? The guy who was praying said of his prayers: "What does God have to do with it?" Comte-Sponville put this in the context of other religious stories/ideas, trying to build up the idea that ethics, community, etc. are necessary for civilization, regardless of what you think about the God question.

He also thinks the idea of the sacred to be important; not that something is sacred because of a connection with the divine, but in the sense of it being set apart or set higher, and there being a duty or obligation involved. He considers extremes on both sides, religious fundamentalism and atheistic nihilism, to be dangers to be avoided. He doesn't seem to care much for Nietzsche, or at least while he admires his eloquence he dislikes his conclusions.  I don't find a lot of his arguments to be particularly persuasive, though he is at least a good deal more civil than others writing about the same topics. He hasn't really got to a lot about what role spirituality plays, or what it would even look like, for an atheist. About a third of the book seems to be dedicated to spirituality in particular, but that's not till the end (Part 3 is titled: "Can There Be An Atheist Spirituality?")
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:44:52 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #3251 on: September 18, 2013, 02:47:19 AM »

I'm about 50 pages in now. He seems to say that we should not "throw the baby out with the bathwater," that while he doesn't believe in God he nonetheless acknowledges that some people do and that this belief makes a positive impact on them. He does not believe that morals are derived from God or religion, but that religion has often played a central role in teaching people morals, and that regardless of whether you are an atheist or theist that spirituality has a role to play. Community is a big thing for him, and he sees it as more important than specific beliefs, even about God (though he acknowledges that many have the opposite approach).  He spends about 10 pages trying to drive this point home. One of his many examples/points was about a story (or maybe it was a joke) about two Jewish guys who stay up all night debating whether God existed. They finally decided that God did not exist, and then went to bed. The next morning one of the guys woke up and found the other guy praying, and asked him what he was doing, and hadn't they decided that God didn't exist? The guy who was praying said of his prayers: "What does God have to do with it?" Comte-Sponville put this in the context of other religious stories/ideas, trying to build up the idea that ethics, community, etc. are necessary for civilization, regardless of what you think about the God question.

He also thinks the idea of the sacred to be important; not that something is sacred because of a connection with the divine, but in the sense of it being set apart or set higher, and there being a duty or obligation involved. He considers extremes on both sides, religious fundamentalism and atheistic nihilism, to be dangers to be avoided. He doesn't seem to care much for Nietzsche, or at least while he admires his eloquence he dislikes his conclusions.  I don't find a lot of his arguments to be particularly persuasive, though he is at least a good deal more civil than others writing about the same topics. He hasn't really got to a lot about what role spirituality plays, or what it would even look like, for an atheist. About a third of the book seems to be dedicated to spirituality in particular, but that's not till the end (Part 3 is titled: "Can There Be An Atheist Spirituality?")

Thanks. Sounds like he's basically arguing for the sacredness of the social contract?

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #3252 on: September 18, 2013, 04:01:36 AM »

What would spirituality mean to a materialist?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3253 on: September 18, 2013, 04:21:04 AM »

Please see St. John of Damascus for a materialist who gives thoughts on spirituality.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3254 on: September 18, 2013, 04:42:54 AM »

Meh. I couldn't get to sleep, I kept thinking about my last post here. What I mean is, these terms can be defined in a number of ways. Plenty of atheists are not materialists. And plenty of theists and even Christians believe that humans (including souls and, yes, spirits) are in some way material. There are a wide range of views, and a wide range of definitions. It all depends on what point of view you are looking at things from...

And with that, I'm going to try to fall asleep again.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #3255 on: September 18, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

For Bible class, I have to read the second half of the first chapter of the Gospel According to St. John. Yes, it's a short assignment, we covered a lot in class yesterday.

For entertainment, I'm reading 'Snow White Must Die' be Nele Neuhaus.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3256 on: September 18, 2013, 09:47:58 AM »

The New Man by Thomas Merton.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3257 on: September 18, 2013, 04:30:23 PM »

Thanks. Sounds like he's basically arguing for the sacredness of the social contract?

I missed responding last night, but I will post on the book again once I get it finished. He may something now and then clarify it later... it seems like one of those books that are best taken as a whole.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3258 on: September 18, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »

Ask your Priest.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3259 on: September 18, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »

Meh. I couldn't get to sleep, I kept thinking about my last post here. What I mean is, these terms can be defined in a number of ways. Plenty of atheists are not materialists. And plenty of theists and even Christians believe that humans (including souls and, yes, spirits) are in some way material. There are a wide range of views, and a wide range of definitions. It all depends on what point of view you are looking at things from...

Give it up. You did a fine job elsewhere.

Probably best if everyone did themselves a favor and gave up using both terms till they return to some relatively degree of precision.

Created and uncreated would be fine for Christians to start with.

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #3260 on: September 18, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »

Interesting ideas that you have brought up. But still, if one is a materialist and believes that everything is matter only, it is a question as to how spirituality would fit in.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3261 on: September 18, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »

Interesting ideas that you have brought up. But still, if one is a materialist and believes that everything is matter only, it is a question as to how spirituality would fit in.

Stanley, come on. I hope you are being lazy.

Being a materialist doesn't mean you believe everything is matter.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #3262 on: September 18, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »

I have begun Edge of Empires: A History of Georgia. So far it's pretty dry, and I've read a lot of tedious things in my life. I hope it picks up soon.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3263 on: September 18, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »

Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:04:20 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #3264 on: September 18, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »

Capital series. I just hope Martin doesn't pull a Jordan on us.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #3265 on: September 18, 2013, 05:12:48 PM »

What do you mean?  Need context.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #3266 on: September 18, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »

What do you mean?  Need context.

Robert Jordan died leaving the Wheel of Time series unfinished (Brandon Sanderson pieced together the last three from Jordan's notes). Martin has been taking longer and longer between volumes, and he's not getting any younger either.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #3267 on: September 18, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »

It all depends on how you define "matter."

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #3268 on: September 18, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »

What do you mean?  Need context.

Robert Jordan died leaving the Wheel of Time series unfinished (Brandon Sanderson pieced together the last three from Jordan's notes). Martin has been taking longer and longer between volumes, and he's not getting any younger either.
I really do want to read this series, but everytime I start, I can't seem to get past chapter one.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:36:42 PM by Papist » Logged

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3269 on: September 18, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »

It really doesn't, unless you are writing your own idiosyncratic dictionary we are unaware of.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3270 on: September 18, 2013, 06:48:36 PM »

It really doesn't, unless you are writing your own idiosyncratic dictionary we are unaware of.
I think this is his PhD work

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #3271 on: September 19, 2013, 01:28:59 PM »

It really does, unless nuance is not important.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #3272 on: September 19, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »

No, my PhD work will likley relate to Aristotelian Thomism vs. Existential Thomism. Things that I am sure you and Orthonorm hate. Smiley

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3273 on: September 19, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »

The Enlightenment, by Ronald S. Love
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, by James Joyce

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #3274 on: September 19, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »

A New Handbook of Christian Theologians

http://www.amazon.com/A-New-Handbook-Christian-Theologians/dp/0687278031

An old book that I got years ago, before I was Orthodox. I picked it up the other day and was reading through some of it. Came across Nikolai Berdyaev. Wow! How is it that I'd never heard of this guy before?!

The book contains very good overviews of many modern theologians, spanning everything from "womanist theology" to Orthodoxy. And very readable too.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3275 on: September 19, 2013, 08:45:37 PM »

An old book that I got years ago, before I was Orthodox. I picked it up the other day and was reading through some of it. Came across Nikolai Berdyaev. Wow! How is it that I'd never heard of this guy before?!

You must have been ignoring my posts in the "favorite quotes" and "Modern Fathers" threads, among others  Kiss  Tongue  Grin
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:45:45 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3276 on: September 19, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »

No, my PhD work will likley relate to Aristotelian Thomism vs. Existential Thomism. Things that I am sure you and Orthonorm hate. Smiley

Honestly, just thinking about what the difference could be between those things makes my brain hurt.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #3277 on: September 19, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »

You must have been ignoring my posts in the "favorite quotes" and "Modern Fathers" threads, among others  Kiss  Tongue  Grin

I haven't been keeping up.  Embarrassed  I'll check it out!

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3278 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54:57 AM »

I haven't been keeping up.  Embarrassed  I'll check it out!

Two good Berdyaev sites:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Philosophy/Sui-Generis/Berdyaev/biblio.htm
http://www.berdyaev.com/

I can also give post or PM a bibliography on him I compiles (incomplete, I'm sure, and only in English) if you really wanted to get into it. I should say though that he's somewhat controversial. Though I think he's the cat's meow.  Anyway, a couple quotes from the search engine...

Man's freedom is indissolubly linked with his obligations. Man's freedom is not a claim, but a duty, not so much what he demands as what is demanded of him. Man must be free. God demands and expects this of him.

-- Nikolai Berdyaev, Christianity and Class War

At every moment of his existence the Christian ought to seek a perfection like to that of his heavenly Father and to lay claim to the divine Kingdom; all his life is subject to the words "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you." The fact that our nature is sinful and that the ideal is in every way unattainable on earth must not paralyse our striving after perfection or quench our longing for the kingdom and righteousness of God. Man has to try to apply divine truth without worrying about how it will be realized in the fulness of life.

-- Nikolai Berdyaev (d. 1948), The Worth of Christianity and the Unworthiness of Christians, 4
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:55:28 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #3279 on: September 20, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »

I haven't been keeping up.  Embarrassed  I'll check it out!

Two good Berdyaev sites:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Philosophy/Sui-Generis/Berdyaev/biblio.htm
http://www.berdyaev.com/

I can also give post or PM a bibliography on him I compiles (incomplete, I'm sure, and only in English) if you really wanted to get into it. I should say though that he's somewhat controversial. Though I think he's the cat's meow.  Anyway, a couple quotes from the search engine...

Man's freedom is indissolubly linked with his obligations. Man's freedom is not a claim, but a duty, not so much what he demands as what is demanded of him. Man must be free. God demands and expects this of him.

-- Nikolai Berdyaev, Christianity and Class War

At every moment of his existence the Christian ought to seek a perfection like to that of his heavenly Father and to lay claim to the divine Kingdom; all his life is subject to the words "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you." The fact that our nature is sinful and that the ideal is in every way unattainable on earth must not paralyse our striving after perfection or quench our longing for the kingdom and righteousness of God. Man has to try to apply divine truth without worrying about how it will be realized in the fulness of life.

-- Nikolai Berdyaev (d. 1948), The Worth of Christianity and the Unworthiness of Christians, 4

I read his essay, "The Truth of Orthodoxy". One of the most beautiful and profound articulations of the Orthodox Faith that I have ever read. I think I'll start a discussion thread about it.

Judging from the synopsis of him in "A New Handbook of Christian Theologians", I can see why he is controversial. But unlike Tolstoy, he never abandoned the Church and remained Orthodox throughout his life. At least as far as I understand. An intriguing figure either way.  Smiley

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #3280 on: September 20, 2013, 02:26:12 AM »

I just received my copy of Sidney H. Griffith's The Bible in Arabic: The Scriptures of the 'People of the Book' in the Language of Islam in the mail today. Unfortunately I'm so exhausted from grading papers and writing a midterm that I haven't done anything beyond look at the pictures (some amazing Coptic/Arabic manuscripts), but I'll start it in earnest tomorrow. I'm pretty dang excited. Griffith is an excellent scholar.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3281 on: September 20, 2013, 05:24:33 AM »

do you like being irrelevant?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3282 on: September 20, 2013, 05:24:33 AM »

I love you Papist, but come on we all know Aquinas never wrote anything original.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #3283 on: September 22, 2013, 10:16:59 PM »

do you like being irrelevant?
I am nothing, if not irrelevant.  Smiley

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #3284 on: September 22, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »

I love you Papist, but come on we all know Aquinas never wrote anything original.

Reeeeeeeeeeelly? <flips though the 3000 pages of the Summa theologiaeCheesy

Tags: book reading 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: