Author Topic: What videos are you watching?  (Read 10780 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: What videos are you watching?
« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2018, 12:57:15 AM »

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2018, 01:39:28 AM »
Islamicize Me. A video series from David Wood. Three friends vow to follow the teachings of Mohammed for 30 days. These videos are polemical and satirical. They have caused some controversy in the apologetics community. James White has been one of the critics of this series.

One of the participants knew one of the three guys who became radicalized and tried to kill the people at a Draw Mohammed event involving Pamela Gellar and Robert Spencer. This event helped shape the series and Robert Spencer appears as himself.

I don’t know if these these videos are effective. They can be cringe inducing. Halal Hogan and the Magic Backpack are trippy. The insertion of some video lifted from James White is pretty funny.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtgkpjnbEbN4B-bzROSzA7Ecd9LLmUjnd

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:42 AM »
Islamicize Me. A video series from David Wood. Three friends vow to follow the teachings of Mohammed for 30 days. These videos are polemical and satirical. They have caused some controversy in the apologetics community. James White has been one of the critics of this series.

One of the participants knew one of the three guys who became radicalized and tried to kill the people at a Draw Mohammed event involving Pamela Gellar and Robert Spencer. This event helped shape the series and Robert Spencer appears as himself.

I don’t know if these these videos are effective. They can be cringe inducing. Halal Hogan and the Magic Backpack are trippy. The insertion of some video lifted from James White is pretty funny.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtgkpjnbEbN4B-bzROSzA7Ecd9LLmUjnd

no way I am watching that too! ;D
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2018, 01:17:47 PM »
Possibly the worst line misstep ever made lol! https://youtu.be/hxHrT1moFwc?t=2m22s

? ? ? ???

He's trying to say that swastikas are "easy to identify" but it comes out as "easy to identify with"

JWITTZ IS A CONFIRMED POKENAZI! lol

EDIT: Yes, any superliteral who might be reading, I'm joking...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:24:01 PM by Volnutt »
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Brilko

« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2018, 05:40:33 PM »
Watching the Oslamicize Me series led me to David Wood’s conversion story. I found it riveting and totally unexpected from such a tame title. The opposite of clickbait.

Why I Am a Christian (David Wood, Former Atheist's Testimony)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

Offline Orthodox_Slav

« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2018, 11:54:36 AM »
Watching the Oslamicize Me series led me to David Wood’s conversion story. I found it riveting and totally unexpected from such a tame title. The opposite of clickbait.

Why I Am a Christian (David Wood, Former Atheist's Testimony)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

will do!
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2018, 11:51:59 PM »
10 allegedly true basement-related horror stories

The second collaborator on that video, ShadedMasters, is a pretty good new channel. Here's her reading 5 Glitch in the Matrix stories that I'd not heard before (or at least 4 of them I'd not heard before, the one with the car wreck sounds familiar, but I'm not sure).

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2018, 08:21:21 AM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2018, 08:53:03 AM »
Whitest family ever?

No, the whitest family would be the one that I saw once in a toothpaste commercial about 15 years ago, that may or may not have actually existed, and then never again. The toothpaste they're using makes them gradually replace even noun that sounds even remotely like the word "white" with it until it culminates in a "Waltons" style "turning out the lights" exterior shot with them saying "White! White, everybody!"

I can't find a trace of it online and if my sister hadn't seen it at the same time that I did and we hadn't kept joking about it for months afterwards, I would assume that it was nothing but a dream. Was it just pulled because it was... iffy and nobody bothered to upload a copy of it to the internet? That's rare, but it does happen (though in the cases that I can think of like Crybaby Lane or the Rapsittie Street Kids, people were still talking about it online even if they had no footage, and the footage was eventually found, too). Or maybe my Googling is just weak.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • St. Joseph of Petrograd pray to God for us!
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
Roundhay Garden Scene. Also known as the oldest film ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc-L9_4jGc4

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:48:01 PM by Jackson02 »
IC XC
NI KA

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2018, 11:16:14 PM »

I was so sure that there would be a creepypasta about it. Doesn't look like there is lol...

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • St. Joseph of Petrograd pray to God for us!
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
« Reply #281 on: Yesterday at 11:46:29 AM »

I was so sure that there would be a creepypasta about it. Doesn't look like there is lol...

I'm kinda surprised there isn't one yet. We need to get CreepsMcPasta on the phone.
IC XC
NI KA

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #282 on: Yesterday at 11:51:21 AM »
Whitest family ever?

No, the whitest family would be the one that I saw once in a toothpaste commercial about 15 years ago, that may or may not have actually existed, and then never again. The toothpaste they're using makes them gradually replace even noun that sounds even remotely like the word "white" with it until it culminates in a "Waltons" style "turning out the lights" exterior shot with them saying "White! White, everybody!"

I can't find a trace of it online and if my sister hadn't seen it at the same time that I did and we hadn't kept joking about it for months afterwards, I would assume that it was nothing but a dream. Was it just pulled because it was... iffy and nobody bothered to upload a copy of it to the internet? That's rare, but it does happen (though in the cases that I can think of like Crybaby Lane or the Rapsittie Street Kids, people were still talking about it online even if they had no footage, and the footage was eventually found, too). Or maybe my Googling is just weak.

The search for your commercial led me to this, which I didn't understand a word of but certainly chuckled at. The search continues...

Offline Orthodox_Slav

« Reply #283 on: Yesterday at 11:59:07 AM »
that went quicly!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #284 on: Yesterday at 12:16:05 PM »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos

Offline Orthodox_Slav

« Reply #286 on: Yesterday at 05:52:59 PM »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #287 on: Yesterday at 05:59:38 PM »
Great video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mduJtl8k3dQ

That was just so perfect in lampooning that strain of Orthodoxy (even if it wasn't their intention)... why did the vid maker ruin it with the heavy-handed ending? :'(

Offline Brilko

« Reply #288 on: Yesterday at 09:48:08 PM »
From that same YouTube channel. Orthodox Metal in Russian March (Pro-Donbass)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_W1zUW6Ct10

Needs louder guitars.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #289 on: Today at 12:22:26 AM »
Hey, Rapha, do you know anything about the Brazilian legends being talked about here? https://youtu.be/PmcvUAew3tU?t=7m26s