Author Topic: Syarozha, documentary  (Read 66 times)

Offline mike

• Filthy Chalcedonian Liar
  • Protostrator
  • Pray for Christians in Radom!
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Syarozha, documentary
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
The documentary filmed by Jerzy Kalina at the commission of Belsat TV tells the story of a Belarusian entrepreneur who was born in Poland and now lives here. Syarhei ‘Syarozha’ Nichyparuk, the main character of the film, is a resident of the village of Budy near Bialowieza forest. He was a member of the Communist party, but later finished an Orthodox school of theology and now runs his own business. His story bears a strong resemblance to the fate of the Belarusian Orthodox minority inhabiting the eastern part of Podlaskie province

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpx9NS3CkcE
Pray for Orthonorm (Jason)

Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline FatherGiryus

• Proletarian Bozgor
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Genuine New Calendar Orthodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: Self-Ruled Antiochianistic Eparchy
Re: Syarozha, documentary
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:26:20 AM »
The documentary filmed by Jerzy Kalina at the commission of Belsat TV tells the story of a Belarusian entrepreneur who was born in Poland and now lives here. Syarhei ‘Syarozha’ Nichyparuk, the main character of the film, is a resident of the village of Budy near Bialowieza forest. He was a member of the Communist party, but later finished an Orthodox school of theology and now runs his own business. His story bears a strong resemblance to the fate of the Belarusian Orthodox minority inhabiting the eastern part of Podlaskie province

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpx9NS3CkcE

Beautiful...
http://orthodoxyandrecovery.blogspot.com
The most dangerous thing about riding a tiger is the dismount.  - Indian proverb

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Archon
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:20:37 AM »
Imagine, Orthodox & Catholics attending the same church, the same service, the same day!

All it took was St. Dmitry and the killings of 1946!
As a humiliated American, totally separated from such monstrous events, I need to thank those involved for bringing this here and helping me back down to what real people have lived through.
I've never looked at Icons in the fashion presented here. As with so many things Orthodox, sad but beautiful now.
Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us

Offline mike

• Filthy Chalcedonian Liar
  • Protostrator
  • Pray for Christians in Radom!
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:01:35 AM »
Imagine, Orthodox & Catholics attending the same church, the same service, the same day!

All it took was St. Dmitry and the killings of 1946!

What Catholics?

I've never looked at Icons in the fashion presented here.

Not a big fan of that icon actually.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:09:35 AM by mike »
Pray for Orthonorm (Jason)

Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject