Author Topic: What videos are you watching?  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: What videos are you watching?
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2018, 04:20:22 AM »
Professor Scott Steiner Typography

I've watched this dozens of times since it was uploaded, but it still makes me laugh

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2018, 06:15:32 AM »
I guess the thing that set it off was a guy who made some comments about booktube women who wear makeup and have pro lighting and nice backdrops (or something like that), and all make the same videos about the same small number of books, and how he couldn't picture them being hunkered down and completely immersed in reading.

So, bookish women have to be... poor? Slovenly? Too dumb to figure out proper lighting? I don't understand what his point is supposed to be lol.

I mean, the whole "fake nerd girl" meme was about crap like not having every little scintilla of niche knowledge. But I don't even get how that's supposed to be connected to the idea that girls who read can't video good lol.

Small reference pools are unfortunate. But that's hardly limited to the booktube.

I like her channel as well... I hope she makes some more vids at some point.

Me too. Did her webcomic ever go live, do you know?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:16:22 AM by Volnutt »
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • St. John Koukouzeles
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2018, 06:25:02 PM »
Professor Scott Steiner Typography

I've watched this dozens of times since it was uploaded, but it still makes me laugh
The numbers don't lie, and they spell THIS IS AWESOME!
Quote from: Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
Only one person who is prayerfully connected to God is needed, and we will have peace everywhere -- in the family, at work, in the government, and everywhere.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #93 on: Yesterday at 04:22:46 AM »
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things