OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 03:33:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jews?  (Read 1612 times) Average Rating: 0
henrikhankhagnell

Faith: Coptic Orthodox or Roman-Catholic in my heart but I have not convertet yet...

« on: February 26, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »

what would you say about this: http://israelxxpalestina.blogspot.com/2011/01/no-tears-for-egypts-coptic-christians.html  Huh

searching for the church that is both catholic and orthodox...
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 01:19:28 PM »

Modern Copts are in all likelihood not only the direct descendants of the ancient Egyptians,  but also the very influential and famous Jewish community in places like Alexandria that once existed... so they probably have a right to be anti-Judaism, just as many Arameans do.

People tend to think they are just "Christians" who have appropriated a patrimony that belongs to someone else (non-Christian Jews) but the Christian community in the Middle East is to some extent in reality descended from Jews who accepted Christianity (and a whole heap of them moved to India where they still say they are Jews and are Christian)... it is more of an internal family feud (and not as people make it out to be, non-Jews appropriating Jewish things) than anyone cares to realise.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »

"Your answers did x so I don't care what happens to you." I have no respect for this attitude.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:36:30 PM by Jason.Wike » Logged
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 02:36:46 PM »

I tried modifying my first post and it keeps making a new one.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:38:13 PM by Jason.Wike » Logged
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »

After a certain amount of time, you can't modify a post anymore.  If you want to clarify something, you may just want to state it in a new post.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »

"Your answers did x so I don't care what happens to you." I have no respect for this attitude.

Sorry, meant to write "Your ancestors".

Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Aegyptoc

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »

I've read that post too, and responded with an article, but she wouldn't change her dogma's.

Debbie Schlussel is a childish blogger who should not be taken seriously.
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

Aegyptoc

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 05:23:59 PM »

Thanks a lot! I've already been reading for a while, but I now want to discuss theology et al. in this forum!
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »

HH Pope Shenouda III seems to be one of the most misquoted people out there. Afaik he restricted his flock from entering Jerusalem because Israel closed so many Coptic churches, not because of "Jew hate". Really, yellow journalism is a blogger's best friend.

I'd also like to see her source for the "Coptic anti-Jewish pogroms".
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:35:10 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »

HH Pope Shenouda III seems to be one of the most misquoted people out there. Afaik he restricted his flock from entering Jerusalem because Israel closed so many Coptic churches, not because of "Jew hate". Really, yellow journalism is a blogger's best friend.

Yeah, she basically says that opposition to the occupation of Palestine equals opposition to the very presence of Jews there, which is nonsense.

henrikhankhagnell

Faith: Coptic Orthodox or Roman-Catholic in my heart but I have not convertet yet...

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »

here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9b7Pzg1_U8

NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »

Yep, seen it. Hardly as the blogger described HH.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:22:59 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 07:31:58 AM »

Sounds an awful lot like an attitude that attempted to justify the Nazi Holocaust.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »

Anyway, what you link to is just the standard nonsense that super-Zionists regularly spew.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
henrikhankhagnell

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 08:16:56 AM »

I think the problem with this video is that he sems to reject the core of christianity.
In christianity we beleive that Jesus died for our sins. That means, all of us sinner are responsible for His death. Many Jews were sinner but the gentiles were also sinners.
it's very interesting what the catholic church says about this subject: http://www.catholicdoors.com/catechis/cat0512.htm#597

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

Centuries from now, when we say that the Germans killed Jews in World War II, are we being anti-Germanic?

It's clear in the gospels the Jews ordered the crucifixion for Christ, as the famous Sanhedrin ruled, better for one man to fall for the sake of many.

Sure, we also talk about the Gentiles, the Roman soldiers who were brutal and bloodthirsty as usual in their lofty positions.  So there's an acknowledgement there.

And His Holiness never denied that we do who are sinners can also be guilty of crucifying Christ in an allegorical fashion.  Literal history has it that the Jews asked for the release of a murderer, and chose the death of Christ on the humiliating Cross.  There's nothing anti-semitic or anti-Christian about that.  We just seem to have people who are too sensitive.

I'll say it, Egyptians enslaved and perhaps brutalized Hebrews.  Those darn stupid Egyptians!  10 plagues served them right!!!!

I support His Holiness on this.  I don't support his ban on Jerusalem, but I see nothing anti-Semitic His Holiness said.

We also acknowledge the superiority of the Jews, through which Christ came.  That doesn't make me a Zionist either.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:33:31 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
henrikhankhagnell

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »

Centuries from now, when we say that the Germans killed Jews in World War II, are we being anti-Germanic?

It's clear in the gospels the Jews ordered the crucifixion for Christ, as the famous Sanhedrin ruled, better for one man to fall for the sake of many.

Sure, we also talk about the Gentiles, the Roman soldiers who were brutal and bloodthirsty as usual in their lofty positions.  So there's an acknowledgement there.

And His Holiness never denied that we do who are sinners can also be guilty of crucifying Christ in an allegorical fashion.  Literal history has it that the Jews asked for the release of a murderer, and chose the death of Christ on the humiliating Cross.  There's nothing anti-semitic or anti-Christian about that.  We just seem to have people who are too sensitive.

I'll say it, Egyptians enslaved and perhaps brutalized Hebrews.  Those darn stupid Egyptians!  10 plagues served them right!!!!

I support His Holiness on this.  I don't support his ban on Jerusalem, but I see nothing anti-Semitic His Holiness said.

We also acknowledge the superiority of the Jews, through which Christ came.  That doesn't make me a Zionist either.
so then what did the Holy See do wrong?

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »

so then what did the Holy See do wrong?

I don't know.  Could there be a misunderstanding from what HH Pope Shenouda is  understanding from Rome?  I don't know.  All I know is that MEMRI took His Holiness' message out of context to make it sound like anti-Semitic

Perhaps, it's not about lack of blame, but that the blame doesn't mean one can call a whole group of people as accursed or wretched.  I would agree to that with Rome's statement.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 03:38:26 AM »

What do you mean, "We acknowledge the superiority of the Jews"?

Who is "We"?

Superiority in what?

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: