I consider it a privilege to join the conversation of sincere believers in this thread, and I would very much enjoy and benefit from further dialogue on the topic of tarot. I know there are Believers who feel very strongly that many of the Spiritual Gifts have ceased, but I've personally witnessed quite the contrary, and I wonder if Spiritual Gifts will become more and more visible in these times. Just like no one can convince me that Jesus isn't real, because I've personally witnessed and value Him as my very best friend. So, here's the thing...I have a tender heart that is hesitant and very fearful of what may indeed possibly be my spiritual gift. But if it is my gift, I'm sinning not to put it to use as directed by the Holy Spirit. So I cautiously offer what I've found thus far in my very long and soulful search in God's Word regarding the possible use of tarot by a Christian. If there are any responses or questions, I will listen when scripture is used, and I'm happy to further reconsider and also able to provide quite a bit of scriptural references that lead to my present understandings below:
1) There is a spiritual gift of a Word of Knowledge applicable to an individual person's specific circumstances in this life, that is different than basic overall Prophecy recorded in the Scriptures, and this gift would be confirmed as from God only if and when the Words provided by the gifted person are 100% accurate 100% of the time.
2) When we feel lost and confused, we can always cry out for comfort to our Father Who will not punish us for crying out to Him, asking for more clarity, or being fearful to advance until He reassures us of His Will, as He promised to answer all our prayers...so even His silence is an answer we should can peacefully take to heart.
3) God may speak to us using literally anything and through any means He chooses, and He is a patient and loving Father Who speaks in ways we can understand given our childish weaknesses in our limited capacity to understand Him.
4) God's forewarning of a sinful pattern that is destructive doesn't usurp our freedom of agency, nor is God's knowing the future the same as His controlling the future.
5) The Bible shows that believers used sticks, stones, and fleeces to confirm God's Will, and that though there were instances when God revealed His Will, there was also at least one instance where God did not reveal His Will or give His direction and the Apostles themselves prematurely jumped to the wrong assumption when God's will was none of the above...IE, none of the possible answers they suggested by their designated lots.
6) Lots, printed pages of any given translation of the Bible, and tarot cards, all of these are creations made of wood...and not The Creator Himself, and only the Bible as originally written is 100% purely Spiritually Inspired, so deriving what God is saying to us takes insight from the Holy Spirit.
7) Believers are in the least dim-sighted soldiers behind enemy lines, if not blind-sighted and held captive.
8) Even our limited understanding of God's revealed point of view and perspective gives us invaluable meaning to pain and suffering that brings powerful healing and freedom to bear fruit of the Holy Spirit.
9) The fruit of the Holy Spirit includes self-control (not other-control) to best put to use the resources God has provided us within the boundaries of he has allowed in time and space for each of our temporary habitation here on Earth.
10) When we're trusting in the Holy Spirit to complete our persistent prayers, daily in His Word, keeping this as our primary guidance, confessing our sins morning and night to remain in fellowship, staying close to Jesus... we may be shown visual confirmation of what we should already know, as a second witness, specific to our circumstances. Perhaps this would be an innocent use of tarot, if aligned with His Word and validated by the confirmation of two or three signs as additional witnesses, as a useful created thing that God may use to give us understanding of His partially revealed Will, to provide His perspective, to provide us peace in a specific matter that helps an individual.
I do not wish to offend, I'm just honestly speaking of my current understanding, this is respectfully and humbly submitted in love, and I'm open to grow in my understanding. So please don't hesitate to post replies to my input above, this is a wonderful venue we Christians should put to full use until He comes for His Bride Selah~