OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 03:38:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jackal: A Modest Proposal  (Read 379 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« on: February 20, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »

Jackal,

I am not sure of your reason for your threads. They obviously generate much excitement.

You are obviously smart and well versed and articulate in a variety of technical areas.

I curious about your "intent" and whether you would like to have a productive discussion.

No esoteric or jargon (at first). Simple back and forth. Not for the sake of proving or disproving God or any "big" questions. But a simple straight-forward discussion.

Maybe information theory will come up, maybe "theology" will as well.

But at first some simple discussion. Others can join, but let's see if we, you and I, can maintain a simple and direct conversation.

You will have to patient with me though. I will probably ask more questions and usually one at a time. And I will probably ask you to repeat some of your answers, until I understand them. Also, you will have to forgive my increased tendency to be unclear at times due to an injury that often impedes my former ability to type well.

If however you think are making inroads in convincing folks here to abandon their beliefs or correcting their understanding of things like "materiality" or "nothing".

Carry on.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 04:24:44 PM »

I just noticed that your screen name is "Jackel" not "Jackal".

Sorry.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »

I curious about your "intent" and whether you would like to have a productive discussion.
I think your question has been answered by his silence.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »

lol

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: