Author Topic: A Question About Moderators  (Read 569 times)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
A Question About Moderators
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
I have a question about Moderators.  Specifically, how often is a Moderator required to log in and check their assigned boards?  I notice that there are several Moderators who have not logged in in several weeks to one month.  I looked (possibly overlooked), but couldn't find any policies regarding this question.  Just curious.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
Re: A Question About Moderators
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
Once a day unless emergency situations occur.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: A Question About Moderators
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
I have a question about Moderators.  Specifically, how often is a Moderator required to log in and check their assigned boards?  I notice that there are several Moderators who have not logged in in several weeks to one month.  I looked (possibly overlooked), but couldn't find any policies regarding this question.  Just curious. 

The general guidelines are for once per day.  However, there are a number of people (past and present) who have been permitted to sign in less than that - we will always take into account the mod's personal situation & the volume of activity on their forum into account when deciding whether less frequent checks are permissible.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.