Author Topic: A Question About Moderators  (Read 831 times)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
A Question About Moderators
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
I have a question about Moderators.  Specifically, how often is a Moderator required to log in and check their assigned boards?  I notice that there are several Moderators who have not logged in in several weeks to one month.  I looked (possibly overlooked), but couldn't find any policies regarding this question.  Just curious.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline mike

• Pink Mafia
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Re: A Question About Moderators
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
Once a day unless emergency situations occur.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: A Question About Moderators
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
I have a question about Moderators.  Specifically, how often is a Moderator required to log in and check their assigned boards?  I notice that there are several Moderators who have not logged in in several weeks to one month.  I looked (possibly overlooked), but couldn't find any policies regarding this question.  Just curious. 

The general guidelines are for once per day.  However, there are a number of people (past and present) who have been permitted to sign in less than that - we will always take into account the mod's personal situation & the volume of activity on their forum into account when deciding whether less frequent checks are permissible.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."" Isaac Asimov