OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 06:04:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rite of St. Tikhon - A Liturgical Family Tree  (Read 1102 times) Average Rating: 0
Sleeper
OC.net guru

On hiatus for the foreseeable future.

« on: February 17, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »

Thought some readers here might find this interesting.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »

Where did you get it from?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Sleeper
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:48:04 PM »

This was from An Anglican Liturgy in the Orthodox Church: The Origins and Development of the Antiochian Orthodox Liturgy of St. Tikhon
Tikhon.of.Colorado
But you can call me Trevor.
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 01:31:07 AM »

This was from An Anglican Liturgy in the Orthodox Church: The Origins and Development of the Antiochian Orthodox Liturgy of St. Tikhon
where did you find that book?!  I've been trying to find something like that!

Maybe I'm posting, maybe I'm not.  Who knows...
Sleeper
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 01:41:19 AM »

where did you find that book?!  I've been trying to find something like that!

You can get it here: http://www.tren.com/e-docs/search.cfm?p015-0447
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »

Thought some readers here might find this interesting.

it would be useful to see Prayer Books from other Western-rite sources  placed in this chart.  Springing to mind are the Lancelot Andrewes Prayer Book and the Prayer Book of the Christminister ROCOR monastery.  From Tasmania there is the Aussie prayer book of the St. Petroc Paruchia of the Russian Church Abroad - the St. Colman Prayer Book (SCPB) appears to be unavailable, but it's shorter cousin, the Shorter St. Colman Prayer Book (SsCPB) is available from Paruchia sources and has been placed online where it can be downloaded for free, though doubtless a donation to the international St. Petroc Monastery at one of it's sites in the UK, Netherlands, Singapore, Philippines, Australia and in the US at the St. George Hermitage would be a nice gesture:http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,33774.msg533424.html#msg533424

Another interesting link for you:
http://www.theorthodoxchurch.org/docs/Saint_Colman_UK.pdf

It appears that the Shorter St. Colman prayer book you had wished to acquire is now available online...even more interesting is that is it available from the website of The Fraternity of St Gregory the Great. It appears that the Western Rite ROCOR groups were quite productive in their meeting? The assistants are listed on this link at the bottom: http://www.theorthodoxchurch.org/westernrite.htm

fixed quotes - Arimethea
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:06:39 AM by arimethea » Logged

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
Sleeper
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 11:00:02 AM »

I could see how that might be interesting, but it's a family tree of liturgies, not prayer books. The Rite of St. Tikhon is within the Lancelot Andrewes prayer book (as well as their St. Ambrose prayer book) but the author wasn't trying to provide a context of source material for the other elements that might be included in a prayer book, just the liturgy. So, perhaps it might be useful for someone to make familial charts for The English Liturgy and The Sarum Liturgy used by ROCOR, etc.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: