OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 07:19:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hand Drums in the Orthodox Church?  (Read 436 times) Average Rating: 0
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« on: February 16, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

We have discussed in several places the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church's use of the hand drum in worship, prayer, and hymn.  I am wondering though, do any other Orthodox cultures also use the hand drum in the Church?

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »

I have read that the Orthodox in Kenya and Uganda use drums, but I don't know what kind.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: