OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 10:08:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastern Orthodox symbols for sticker?  (Read 2796 times) Average Rating: 0
Dimitrios-Georgios

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Saints Dimitrios and Georgios

« on: February 12, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »

Hello! I'm currently trying to decorate my laptop, so I found a site which can make stickers out of images one provides. I was trying to find a nice symbol of Eastern Orthodoxy, not an icon, but something simple like a cross or something. Any ideas?
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 12:16:45 PM »

I'm sure you'd be able to find a 3-bar cross or trefoil cross somewhere.

But, the reason I am posting this is because this hits upon an idea I've had for some time to serve as a fundraiser for parishes, schools, or youth groups: make stickers of St. Phanourios to put on TV remotes, car keys, pocket knives, etc.

If you're as absent minded as I am, you become very familiar with this saint, and he has interceded for me many, many times. I think it'd be a neat idea to get stickers made of this saint to put on these frequently lost objects, with the proceeds going to the parish or group selling them.

Just an idea.... Smiley

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »

maybe something simple like these?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:21:37 PM by Ortho_cat » Logged
Dimitrios-Georgios

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Saints Dimitrios and Georgios

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »

But, the reason I am posting this is because this hits upon an idea I've had for some time to serve as a fundraiser for parishes, schools, or youth groups: make stickers of St. Phanourios to put on TV remotes, car keys, pocket knives, etc.

If you're as absent minded as I am, you become very familiar with this saint, and he has interceded for me many, many times. I think it'd be a neat idea to get stickers made of this saint to put on these frequently lost objects, with the proceeds going to the parish or group selling them.

Just an idea.... Smiley
Father, bless.

That's a very good idea, Father and I'd be very glad to help in any way I could! I pray to Saint Phanourios every other day, when I need to find those car keys or something else and he always responds. Smiley

EDIT: Thanks, ortho_cat! I especially like the third one!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:27:18 PM by Dimitrios-Georgios » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »

Hello! I'm currently trying to decorate my laptop, so I found a site which can make stickers out of images one provides. I was trying to find a nice symbol of Eastern Orthodoxy, not an icon, but something simple like a cross or something. Any ideas?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »

Try searching there: http://www.zazzle.com/orthodox+bumperstickers

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »

Just an idea.... Smiley

With great respect, Father, is placing icon stickers on the objects you mention such a good idea? These holy images will be handled with often grubby hands, the remotes will be dropped behind couches, the car keys flung into all sorts of places, and any good and useful pocketknife will not stay pristine for long ... I even have a problem with icon stickers which are stuck to the clothing by church greeters of folks entering church on patronal feasts and other holy days. What happens to these stickers after the service? Are they peeled off and thrown in the trash? Just because these little images haven't been formally blessed or sat on an Orthodox altar for 40 days doesn't mean they're not sacred. If they weren't sacred, then why would folks be told to respectfully burn icon images on old church newsletters and other publications, and not just throw them away?

Wouldn't it be far more beneficial to inform one's flock to pray to St Phanourios for intercession in finding lost objects, and leave it at that? (I, and I'm sure many others, can vouch for the good saint's power of intercession!) I have no objection to the sale of icons for veneration, but the idea of selling icon stickers to be stuck to objects to raise money makes me cringe, to put it mildly. Surely there are better and more respectful ways of fundraising.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:29:05 PM by LBK » Logged
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »

You can just search Ebay for "orthodox stickers" and you'll find a bunch already that are probably cheaper than getting your own made. Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: