OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 05:18:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Novice Nun to be tonsured in the St. Petroc Paruchia of ROCOR in the UK  (Read 1130 times) Average Rating: 0
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« on: February 10, 2011, 10:26:42 AM »

The ROCOR Diocese of Great Britain website has a story of the forthcoming tonsuring of a Western-rite nun in the Stavropegial WR St. Petroc Monastery Paruchia, under Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) on  Sunday February 14/February 27 at St. Eanyswythe WR Mission in Devon, Great Britain. The website explains that:

St Eanswythe's is a stavropegial Western Rite mission of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, directly under the omophor of His Eminence Metropolitan Hilarion of New York and Eastern America, and operates within Great Britain with the agreement of His Eminence Archbishop Mark.
[urlhttp://orthodoxbritainireland.blogspot.com/2011/02/blessing-of-monastic-novice-at-st.html][/url]

May the Lord bless this new nun and grant her many years service for the Russian Orthodox Church!
I may be wrong, but think this is the only WR nun  in ROCOR apart from one Sister n the Christ the Savior WR  Monastery in Canada.  It is not known whether the new nun will be a Benedictine like her sister in Canada.

The UK ROCOR Diocesan Directory has this entry for the WR Mission of St. Eanysythe:

Stavropegial Communities
The following communities, while on the geographical territory of the Diocese of Great Britain and Ireland, are not part of the diocese but are directly under the omophor of either His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia or His Eminence Metropolitan Hilarion of New York and Eastern America.

The St Eanswythe Orthodox Mission

Locations:   Christchurch Cemetery Chapel, Jumpers Road, Christchurch, Dorset
                    St Joseph's Catholic Church, East Street, South Molton, Devon. EX36 3DB
Liturgical Language: English
Clergy:   Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood)
Websites: St Eanswythe's Orthodox Mission
                   The St Nectan Orthodox Study Society

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:40:50 AM by SubdeaconDavid » Logged

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
FrMichael

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »

Yes, indeed I do intend to Bless a novice nun on the 27th at the chapel in Jumpers Road, Christchurch, Dorset.  The service of Blessing was received from Bishop Jerome yesterday and has been shared with two other monasteries.  The novice nun concerned will act as my secretary-cum-assistant in administering the missions that we now have:  Saint Nectan Monastery Mission in Devon,  Saint Eanswythe Monastery Mission in Dorset and Saint Swithbert Monastery Mission in Holland.

Fr. Michael
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »

Yes, indeed I do intend to Bless a novice nun on the 27th at the chapel in Jumpers Road, Christchurch, Dorset.  The service of Blessing was received from Bishop Jerome yesterday and has been shared with two other monasteries.  The novice nun concerned will act as my secretary-cum-assistant in administering the missions that we now have:  Saint Nectan Monastery Mission in Devon,  Saint Eanswythe Monastery Mission in Dorset and Saint Swithbert Monastery Mission in Holland.

Fr. Michael
Glory to God!

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »

Fr. Michael
I am sure she will be a blessing for your missionary work Father.  May the Lord grant you both many years.

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
Subdeacon Michael

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:06:21 AM »

Goodness!  People actually read the diocesan website?  Shocked I suppose I ought to get my act together and update a few things, then.

'There is nothing upon earth holier, higher, grander, more solemn, more life-giving than the Liturgy. The church, at this particular time, becomes an earthly heaven; those who officiate represent Christ Himself, the angels, the cherubim, seraphim and apostles.' - St John of Kronstadt
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: