OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 01:42:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lectionary  (Read 882 times) Average Rating: 0
byzcath

Faith: Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic
Jurisdiction: Carmelite Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary

« on: February 05, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the readings for the Divine Liturgy throughout the year that is listed by date?

I have the Orthodox Study Bible but you need to know what week (First Week after Pentecost and such) you are in to follow it.  This can get confusing and I am having some memory issues with my illness.

I usually get the wall calendar from my parish which has the readings listed on it but I have not been able to make it to my parish yet this year due to Carmelite functions I had to attend during January and due to issues with my illness.

Part of my prayer is to read the Daily Readings for the Liturgy and I want to do this from within my tradition rather than the Roman Readings (which I get at Morning Prayer/Mass anyways).

I would appreciate any help that can be given.  I have found a website from a Russian Orthodox parish that lists the daily readings but I would like something that I could print out and keep with my Bible so that I do not have to have an internet connection to find it.

Br David, O.Carm.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:25:43 PM »

http://www.dynamispublications.org/

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »

I have been subscribed to this for about two years now and really, really enjoy it!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
byzcath

Faith: Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic
Jurisdiction: Carmelite Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

Even though I am a technophile I was looking for something non-technologically based.

I actually felt well enough to make it out to my parish this Sunday and found a copy of "Through the Year With the Church Fathers" from Light and Life Publishing at our parish book store. The book does not contain the lectionary but it does have an Epistle and a Gospel Reading for each day of the year along with a meditation, a writing from one of the Church Fathers and then a closing prayer. I am going to use this for my daily Scripture reading and then, as it seems to be a bit shorter than I had planned, I will follow that up with some spiritual reading.

Thanks for the help though.

Br David, O.Carm.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »

A monthly lectionary that goes by calendar date
http://www.goarch.org/resources/monthly_readings

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:11:28 PM »

A monthly lectionary that goes by calendar date
http://www.goarch.org/resources/monthly_readings

There may be differences between the prescribed lectionary used by the Greeks and that of the Slavs. I would suggest that you check this out from the Orthodox Carpatho-Russian webpage which generally would be similar to that used by the Ruthenian Greek Catholics (with the possible exception of a few western Saints included in the Eastern Catholic calendar):  http://www.acrod.org/prayercorner/todaysreadings  You can get directed there daily from the main page acrod.com and look for the new calendar link on the home page, or use the today's readings page with a choice of dates found on the bottom. Again, you are offered old and new calendar dates.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »

Even though I am a technophile I was looking for something non-technologically based.

I actually felt well enough to make it out to my parish this Sunday and found a copy of "Through the Year With the Church Fathers" from Light and Life Publishing at our parish book store. The book does not contain the lectionary but it does have an Epistle and a Gospel Reading for each day of the year along with a meditation, a writing from one of the Church Fathers and then a closing prayer. I am going to use this for my daily Scripture reading and then, as it seems to be a bit shorter than I had planned, I will follow that up with some spiritual reading.

Thanks for the help though.

You had asked for something that you could print out, if you click on the month at the website I linked and click on "Index" you can print out all the readings for the month.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: