Author Topic: Divine Liturgy in Serbian  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox. Truly, madly, deeply
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:52:04 AM by Alpo »
The user should probably be sleeping by now.

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
Re: Divine Liturgy in Serbian
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »

Serbian: http://www.sozderventa.org/SOZ_Derventa_Liturgija_Sv_Jovana_Zlatoustog.pdf

Is this in practice anywhere?

Not that i've see, it's usually the deacon if there's one, only choir or cantors that sing or chant the responses ,never seen the people {narod ] do it at the Liturgy... If that's what your asking....
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox. Truly, madly, deeply
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »

Serbian: http://www.sozderventa.org/SOZ_Derventa_Liturgija_Sv_Jovana_Zlatoustog.pdf

Not that i've see, it's usually the deacon if there's one, only choir or cantors that sing or chant the responses ,never seen the people {narod ] do it at the Liturgy... If that's what your asking....

I have no slightest idea to what question you were answering. ;D

Anyway, I meant to ask whether the liturgy is celebrated in Serbian anywhere?
The user should probably be sleeping by now.

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:52:59 AM »
Oh! Okay ,,Lately they been introducing more serbian in Holy Liturgy, but Keep part's ,in the Church Slavonic....

When i was younger and a altar boy ,it was all 100% church salvonic. other than the Gospel readings and other and the sermon...

Serbs   most of the times two Liturgies ,english, and serbian/slavonic.....or combo serb/slavonic/ english

Myself i would never attend , all english serbian Church.......Our Hymns In serbian/slavonic just sound better also the  whole service....

Hope this answer your question..... ;D

Serbs will never abandon it's mother tongue , serbian/church slavonic  in church completely.....there's room for english and even greek and other... ;D

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:05:41 PM by stashko »
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
You didn't give me anything to work with ...But i scanned thur the Litugy trying to figure out what you might be asking...So that's what i came up with  ;D

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:20:07 PM by stashko »